I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
23-09-2015, 06:30 PM
RE: I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.
Thanks guys. The set was sent via Dropbox and keeps dropping out. Most annoying. Cannot understand why they just don't youtube it????

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
24-09-2015, 08:53 AM
Hi guys.
Well I just got home from a very very successful set. Everyone came up to me after and said it was amazing A drummer in the band before said I was "Hypnotic". The band was stoked. I got asked to join another band.

A number of tunes I had not heard so I just jammed along and kept my eyes open for cues. It went really well. I am pretty happy. Had wondered if I'd be nervous but I was not nervous in the slightest. Apparently, according to the lead guitarist, I was the main focus of the audience. I did not notice because I had my head down all night.

I am playing this Sunday with a funk band. Just a rehearsal, but should be fun.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
24-09-2015, 08:59 AM
(24-09-2015 08:53 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Hi guys.
Well I just got home from a very very successful set. Everyone came up to me after and said it was amazing A drummer in the band before said I was "Hypnotic". The band was stoked. I got asked to join another band.

A number of tunes I had not heard so I just jammed along and kept my eyes open for cues. It went really well. I am pretty happy. Had wondered if I'd be nervous but I was not nervous in the slightest. Apparently, according to the lead guitarist, I was the main focus of the audience. I did not notice because I had my head down all night.

So happy for you! You are clearly a very talented drummer Smile I would love to see a video of you playing! Heart
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
24-09-2015, 09:32 AM
(24-09-2015 08:59 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(24-09-2015 08:53 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Hi guys.

So happy for you! You are clearly a very talented drummer Smile I would love to see a video of you playing! Heart

Thanks Jenny.

Well guess what? The drummer set a camera up on a tripod facing the stage with no obstruction, and forgot to turn is on! Seriously. I told him "No photo, it never happened!"

I took two shots of my set up but it was so dark one can't see anything.

It was funny. This young Asian lass comes up to me and starts going on about how great it was to watch and hear the various instruments. I said "Well I've been at this playing live since 1982." I then watched her add up the years. Big Grin

I think she may have found me attractive. Possibly the most surprising episode of the night. Oh and being asked to join bands. One of which I will play with this sunday.

Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
24-09-2015, 09:43 AM
Fuckin' A, Banjy.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
24-09-2015, 09:45 AM
(24-09-2015 09:32 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(24-09-2015 08:59 AM)jennybee Wrote:  So happy for you! You are clearly a very talented drummer Smile I would love to see a video of you playing! Heart

Thanks Jenny.

Well guess what? The drummer set a camera up on a tripod facing the stage with no obstruction, and forgot to turn is on! Seriously. I told him "No photo, it never happened!"

I took two shots of my set up but it was so dark one can't see anything.

It was funny. This young Asian lass comes up to me and starts going on about how great it was to watch and hear the various instruments. I said "Well I've been at this playing live since 1982." I then watched her add up the years. Big Grin

I think she may have found me attractive. Possibly the most surprising episode of the night. Oh and being asked to join bands. One of which I will play with this sunday.

Heart
24-09-2015, 06:54 PM
Thanks Thumpa, thanks again Jenny.

It sure beats the hell out of next week with all the bone marrow biopsies and lumbar punctures and blood tests.....

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
24-09-2015, 06:57 PM
Hug
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
24-09-2015, 07:22 PM
Here's a pic of the show. As you can see the drummer is not needed and I am on the right with a chekere.

[Image: Band_zpsvn9u0xpb.jpg]

Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
24-09-2015, 07:41 PM
(24-09-2015 07:22 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Here's a pic of the show. As you can see the drummer is not needed and I am on the right with a chekere.

[Image: Band_zpsvn9u0xpb.jpg]

Lookin' good! Heart Looks like a fun time!