I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
26-09-2015, 08:40 PM
RE: I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.
(26-09-2015 08:34 PM)Banjo Wrote:  2 hours until I play with the next band! Big Grin

I'm all clean and ready to go! Big Grin

Do it to it, brotha. :thumbs up:
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
26-09-2015, 08:46 PM
Thanks mate. I am taking exactly the same set up as the other night. I was thinking of taking timbales but will wait and see how the drummer plays first. Apparently he is nowhere as good as me and he may not leave space and his time may not be good.

His wife is the vocalist. So what can one do?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
26-09-2015, 08:48 PM
Oh is that David McCampbell in your avatar?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
26-09-2015, 08:57 PM
(26-09-2015 08:34 PM)Banjo Wrote:  2 hours until I play with the next band! Big Grin

When your world has been turned abnormal by the bastard that is cancer, any normal you can have is a wonderful thing. Enjoy your gig! Enjoy every minute of it!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
26-09-2015, 09:08 PM
(26-09-2015 08:57 PM)Anjele Wrote:  

When your world has been turned abnormal by the bastard that is cancer, any normal you can have is a wonderful thing. Enjoy your gig! Enjoy every minute of it!

Thanks anjele! I shall do my best. Smile

Banjo.
26-09-2015, 11:35 PM
(26-09-2015 08:46 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Thanks mate. I am taking exactly the same set up as the other night. I was thinking of taking timbales but will wait and see how the drummer plays first. Apparently he is nowhere as good as me and he may not leave space and his time may not be good.

His wife is the vocalist. So what can one do?

In that case, good luck.

/beentheredonethat
27-09-2015, 12:54 AM
(26-09-2015 11:35 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  In that case, good luck.

/beentheredonethat

As it turned out he did not have much in the way of chops, but his time and groove was good! The band was also nice. As it turns out they loved me! To quote the bass player "I kept looking at you thinking, it takes years of experience to play with that much restraint."

The drummer said to me when the bass player told him who I was, "How was I did I do okay?" I said yeah man, easy to play with.

Slowly, ever so slowly, I am getting my life back!

The rehearsal was held at a members place and there was a noise complaint, so we only ran through the set once.

And the beauty of playing percussion as to playing kit, is this is all I had to take! Big Grin

[Image: 8ebadee4-f78b-4549-8b01-27c5120565f1_zpsj184jcde.jpg]

Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
27-09-2015, 01:05 AM
That's fanfuckingtastic, Dale. " [...] it takes years of experience to play with that much restraint [...]" is high goddamned praise indeed -- us guitarists say "play for the song", or "let the song play you" -- and when someone else hears that in your playing, dynamite.

Speaking of hearing, is there any way you could put some audio up so's we can hear the doings? I'd love to hear what drives you.
27-09-2015, 01:14 AM
(27-09-2015 01:05 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  That's fanfuckingtastic, Dale. " [...] it takes years of experience to play with that much restraint [...]" is high goddamned praise indeed -- us guitarists say "play for the song", or "let the song play you" -- and when someone else hears that in your playing, dynamite.

Speaking of hearing, is there any way you could put some audio up so's we can hear the doings? I'd love to hear what drives you.

Thanks mate. I think the bass player recorded something, but I am unsure. It was pretty quiet with the drummer just using brushes.

Something will eventually come up.

The drummer is in three bands, so I can cover on kit if he gets double booked. Or when I do have the set I can slip it to Taso and he can play drums. He's a great funk player. I took him through the David Garibaldi and Mike Clark books.

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
27-09-2015, 01:32 AM
(27-09-2015 12:54 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(26-09-2015 11:35 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  In that case, good luck.

/beentheredonethat

As it turned out he did not have much in the way of chops, but his time and groove was good! The band was also nice. As it turns out they loved me! To quote the bass player "I kept looking at you thinking, it takes years of experience to play with that much restraint."

The drummer said to me when the bass player told him who I was, "How was I did I do okay?" I said yeah man, easy to play with.

Slowly, ever so slowly, I am getting my life back!

The rehearsal was held at a members place and there was a noise complaint, so we only ran through the set once.

And the beauty of playing percussion as to playing kit, is this is all I had to take! Big Grin

[Image: 8ebadee4-f78b-4549-8b01-27c5120565f1_zpsj184jcde.jpg]

So happy for you, Banjo! Heart
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post