I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
30-09-2015, 05:06 PM
RE: I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.
We're all thinking about you. Hang in there, my friend.

[Image: image.png?w=400&c=1]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
30-09-2015, 05:27 PM (This post was last modified: 30-09-2015 06:02 PM by Banjo.)
Thanks again Girly, Dances. Am/ I was about to say I am leaving for the hospital. I am now here! Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
01-10-2015, 02:17 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that you had a really crappy day. I hope you're doing better.

Invisible, undetectable results don’t count
[+] 1 user Likes quoin's post
01-10-2015, 04:21 PM
Hang in there, Banjo. You are an inspiration to the rest of us even though I know that's a position you don't really want. Smile Every once in a while, I go back and read through your earlier posts here. It helps me get through the day.
[+] 1 user Likes Black Eagle's post
01-10-2015, 04:54 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2015 04:58 PM by Banjo.)
Thanks guys. Had two bone marrow biopsies yesterday. The nurse said "You're so relaxed! Do you need the gas?" I said "Gimme the gas!"

Happily a brilliant man is my Dr and I see him Friday next week about those biopsies. They will show whether the cancer has returned or remained in remission. My last remission only lasted 8 weeks and September 2014 they gave me 8 weeks to live. But very aggressive chemo over a period of months saw it into that first remission.

Now as you may know I am on this heavy experimental drug that put me into remission again. If it lasts a year I may get radiation therapy and a bone marrow transplant. The bone marrow transplant has an 80% survival rate.

I may yet live to pass on more musical knowledge to students and watch my gorgeous little niece grow up. And my # 1 student begin what I envision to be a very successful musical career.

That's all I want and I will be happy. It has been a long time since I read the first few pages. No real need as I lived it I suppose. I am glad it helps someone. Everything is as it happened so it's like a kind of diary.

Every day we live is amazing. I have seen so so many very sick people. Yesterday in the hospital there was a man in the cancer dept in one of those hi tech wheelchairs. My first thought was "That poor bastard can't play the drums!"

Over here in Australia we have universal health care. So my hospital stays are covered, as is the chemo and this new drug. This is wonderful. As is the Leukemia foundation, a charity that drives me to and from the hospital. Which is a $50.00 fare each way in a taxi.

The drivers are all volunteers. It is a secular charity that doesn't accept money from the Govt because the Govt would tell them how to spent it. Incorrectly.

My form of leukemia is a rarer type an 1 in 3 survive. Unhappily they caught mine late. Nevertheless I keep plugging along. And let me tell you, it is hard to feel sorry for oneself when one sees so many others who are ill. And the amazing this is these people all have smiles on their faces.

I get inspired every time I go. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
01-10-2015, 07:11 PM
Hug

Wishing you all the very best mate!
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
01-10-2015, 08:08 PM
(01-10-2015 04:54 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Thanks guys. Had two bone marrow biopsies yesterday. The nurse said "You're so relaxed! Do you need the gas?" I said "Gimme the gas!"

Happily a brilliant man is my Dr and I see him Friday next week about those biopsies. They will show whether the cancer has returned or remained in remission. My last remission only lasted 8 weeks and September 2014 they gave me 8 weeks to live. But very aggressive chemo over a period of months saw it into that first remission.

Now as you may know I am on this heavy experimental drug that put me into remission again. If it lasts a year I may get radiation therapy and a bone marrow transplant. The bone marrow transplant has an 80% survival rate.

I may yet live to pass on more musical knowledge to students and watch my gorgeous little niece grow up. And my # 1 student begin what I envision to be a very successful musical career.

That's all I want and I will be happy. It has been a long time since I read the first few pages. No real need as I lived it I suppose. I am glad it helps someone. Everything is as it happened so it's like a kind of diary.

Every day we live is amazing. I have seen so so many very sick people. Yesterday in the hospital there was a man in the cancer dept in one of those hi tech wheelchairs. My first thought was "That poor bastard can't play the drums!"

Over here in Australia we have universal health care. So my hospital stays are covered, as is the chemo and this new drug. This is wonderful. As is the Leukemia foundation, a charity that drives me to and from the hospital. Which is a $50.00 fare each way in a taxi.

The drivers are all volunteers. It is a secular charity that doesn't accept money from the Govt because the Govt would tell them how to spent it. Incorrectly.

My form of leukemia is a rarer type an 1 in 3 survive. Unhappily they caught mine late. Nevertheless I keep plugging along. And let me tell you, it is hard to feel sorry for oneself when one sees so many others who are ill. And the amazing this is these people all have smiles on their faces.

I get inspired every time I go. Smile

I'm sending you some digital love Banjo.....whether you like it or not. Wink

HeartHeartHeart

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
01-10-2015, 08:24 PM
Thank you both.

I feel pretty good today. I even did laundry! I do not have to worry about clean underwear for over a week!

I am taking it easy now. Not going to do much today. It had been a tough week with Lumbar punctures and marrow biopsies etc.

I walked several kilometers for exercise this week. Did my shopping. I even got a hair cut! The first time I have been able to since all my hair fell out from the chemo. Which I must say was amusing running my fingers through my hair and having it in clumps between my fingers!Big Grin

Tomorrow I plan to chart out for both drums and percussion the songs for the new band I joined. That way I don't have to remember them. I'll just read them. Easy peasy.

Plus I plan to slip the drum pages, or copies of them to Taso. He can play drums if the other drummer gets double booked. And if Taso can't do it I will just play drums.

It's only 12.20 PM and I have the day ahead of me. I may watch a lecture on Youtube. Try to understand why Heydon has not been banned. There must be a reason we are unaware of. Perhaps he's a sock puppet or something.

I will practice drum rudiments on a pad. Give my hands something to do.

Just had some heavy med's so they may kick in soon. 12 on the dot every day. Smile

Thanks guys. Dale

Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
01-10-2015, 08:28 PM
Hug

Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
01-10-2015, 09:46 PM
(01-10-2015 04:54 PM)Banjo Wrote:  ...
Chase May you achieve every one of these goals. Thumbsup

Invisible, undetectable results don’t count
[+] 1 user Likes quoin's post