I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
19-06-2015, 05:39 AM
RE: I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.
I am terribly sorry to hear that the news is not so good. Undecided[/align]

We are here with you to offer what support we can. For what it's worth.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-06-2015, 06:02 AM
It is worth a lot Angel.

Believe me. I am grateful. It is why I am here.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
19-06-2015, 06:54 AM
Like they say, it's not the days in your life, it's the life in your days. As I grow older and death keeps coming closer, this makes more and more sense to me. I loved seeing you treat yourself to a smashing dinner. Time to stop and smell the roses - or whatever you like.

The serious faces on the docs - if you are projecting a light hearted attitude, they feel it their duty to ground you and prepare yourself for the worst - because it may happen. I'm not so sure that I agree with this part of medicine - you sounded plenty prepared before the meeting. Many of my friends and family have had "the talk" with the docs. Some are still alive years later, some are not. I wouldn't dwell too much on that meeting if I were you - if you must dwell, dwell on the facts, not the faces.

It's good to hear you have so much support. And you have your music - nothing like music to express ones feelings.

Keep posting, it's good to vent and here you can say any old thing you want without worrying about the effect it has on us.

Thinking of you HeartHeartHeartHeart

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
19-06-2015, 07:00 AM
(19-06-2015 06:54 AM)Dom Wrote:  Like they say, it's not the days in your life, it's the life in your days. As I grow older and death keeps coming closer, this makes more and more sense to me. I loved seeing you treat yourself to a smashing dinner. Time to stop and smell the roses - or whatever you like.

The serious faces on the docs - if you are projecting a light hearted attitude, they feel it their duty to ground you and prepare yourself for the worst - because it may happen. I'm not so sure that I agree with this part of medicine - you sounded plenty prepared before the meeting. Many of my friends and family have had "the talk" with the docs. Some are still alive years later, some are not. I wouldn't dwell too much on that meeting if I were you - if you must dwell, dwell on the facts, not the faces.

It's good to hear you have so much support. And you have your music - nothing like music to express ones feelings.

Keep posting, it's good to vent and here you can say any old thing you want without worrying about the effect it has on us.

Thinking of you HeartHeartHeartHeart

Wow. Never expected this from Dom. Who I hold in such high esteem.

I will continue to fight and rail against this disease. All I have is life and the people who care for me. Taso, my student. I am worried about him more than anything. Were I to die, it would hit him hard. He is now 14 and I have taught him since age 5. But the relationship became more than teacher student. I love him like a son and he knows it. My death would hurt him. That is my main concern.

I MUST stay around to continue to support him. And I intend to do so!

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
19-06-2015, 07:10 AM
I endeavor to be half as strong as you Banjo.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
19-06-2015, 07:13 AM
(19-06-2015 07:10 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  I endeavor to be half as strong as you Banjo.

I get by. We all do. We are the same, you and I. Do not belittle yourself. It could easily be me saying the same to you. And I do not doubt you for a moment.

Banjo.
19-06-2015, 07:25 AM
(19-06-2015 07:13 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(19-06-2015 07:10 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  I endeavor to be half as strong as you Banjo.

I get by. We all do. We are the same, you and I. Do not belittle yourself. It could easily be me saying the same to you. And I do not doubt you for a moment.

Thanks mate. In the back of my mind I have begun the process of working out my end game. What do I want to accomplish before my life is over, I think I'll never live up to the expectations I had of myself when I was younger. Coming to grips with that is just part of reality I guess. The other part is accepting what is and what isn't. I've heard it say that things become crystal when the end is at hand, I don't know but I hold out hope.

Sorry, this isn't about me, it's about you. And to be perfectly honest even though I don't "know" you you're story has affected me and I think of you often. FWIW your handling of this has taught me much, and I say it with all sincerity I'm glad I've met you.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
19-06-2015, 07:47 AM
(19-06-2015 07:25 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Thanks mate. In the back of my mind I have begun the process of working out my end game. What do I want to accomplish before my life is over, I think I'll never live up to the expectations I had of myself when I was younger. Coming to grips with that is just part of reality I guess. The other part is accepting what is and what isn't. I've heard it say that things become crystal when the end is at hand, I don't know but I hold out hope.

Sorry, this isn't about me, it's about you. And to be perfectly honest even though I don't "know" you you're story has affected me and I think of you often. FWIW your handling of this has taught me much, and I say it with all sincerity I'm glad I've met you.

No it is not about me, I am just one of us all. My pain is no differernt to anyone else.

Yesterday I saw this gorgeous young woman, any man's dream. And there she was, aged about 22, in the hematology ward getting her bloods checked. I tell you now honestly, I am more concerned about that young person than I am about myself.

I am a 51 year old musician. I toured. Saw many things. had more women than any man deserves. Especially me!

My life has been interesting from the start. Bad family that saw me run off to the bush. Close encounters with sharks and crocodiles. Although now I doubt how close those encounters were. 29 broken bones! 9 of which were my nose...
Each of us has a story. And each is as valid as the next.

Did you ever read Tolstoy? Anna Karena is worth as look. "All families are the same, except unhappy ones" or some such. God it has been 30 years since i read that.

I always imagine Sisiphus and his rock. That rock is us all. You and me both. None better or worse than the other. Each of us struggling. day to day, hour by hour....

And on it goes....

Banjo.
[+] 6 users Like Banjo's post
19-06-2015, 07:50 AM
(19-06-2015 07:47 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Did you ever read Tolstoy? Anna Karena is worth as look. "All families are the same, except unhappy ones" or some such. God it has been 30 years since i read that.

I always imagine Sisiphus and his rock. That rock is us all. You and me both. None better or worse than the other. Each of us struggling. day to day, hour by hour....

And on it goes....

“All happy families are alike; each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.”

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
19-06-2015, 07:53 AM
(19-06-2015 07:50 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(19-06-2015 07:47 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Did you ever read Tolstoy? Anna Karena is worth as look. "All families are the same, except unhappy ones" or some such. God it has been 30 years since i read that.

And on it goes....

“All happy families are alike; each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.”

Right. Sorry I was relying on memory alone.

Banjo.