I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
17-10-2015, 04:36 PM
RE: I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.
(17-10-2015 04:34 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Thanks guys.
I have a special card that puts me at the head of the line. Sadly the local hospital s very close to the city and gets packed out on weekends. All they could do yesterday was give me two bags of fluids.

I return to my normal hospital tomorrow for an appointment with my Dr and more tests. Apparently I am now the only person on this drug trial. The local hospital knows nothing about it at all.

The plan so far is to survive for about a year and get a bone marrow transplant.

The other person on the trial went through this and survived, but is much younger than me. I just keep thing about my niece. Who just discovered mulberries!

[Image: IMG-20151017-WA0000_zpssgrxiecr.jpg]

She is such a cutie.

Hang in there Banjo...we need you around here.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
17-10-2015, 04:46 PM
(17-10-2015 04:36 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(17-10-2015 04:34 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Thanks guys.
I have a special card that puts me at the head of the line. Sadly the local hospital s very close to the city and gets packed out on weekends. All they could do yesterday was give me two bags of fluids.

I return to my normal hospital tomorrow for an appointment with my Dr and more tests. Apparently I am now the only person on this drug trial. The local hospital knows nothing about it at all.

The plan so far is to survive for about a year and get a bone marrow transplant.

The other person on the trial went through this and survived, but is much younger than me. I just keep thing about my niece. Who just discovered mulberries!

[Image: IMG-20151017-WA0000_zpssgrxiecr.jpg]

She is such a cutie.

Thanks Anjele.

I am trying as hard as I can. The weather in Sydney has been all over the place this past week and I think it may have affected me. Hot one day, cold the next. My body doesn't handle it well. I'll ask my professor tomorrow what he thinks.

You guys are an amazing help. Mostly I am alone and it is nice to have people there to talk to when I feel a bit rough.

Thanks again so much. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
17-10-2015, 04:49 PM
I didn't see this when you first posted it because I was fighting my own medication demons on the other side of the world. I really hate the things meds can do to you. I'm feeling a little better now and I hope you get to feeling better damned quickly.
[+] 3 users Like Black Eagle's post
17-10-2015, 05:03 PM
(17-10-2015 04:49 PM)Black Eagle Wrote:  I didn't see this when you first posted it because I was fighting my own medication demons on the other side of the world. I really hate the things meds can do to you. I'm feeling a little better now and I hope you get to feeling better damned quickly.

Glad to hear you are feeling better Eagle - we are rooting for you too!

I expect you both over here on the survivor side with me. Smile

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
17-10-2015, 05:47 PM (This post was last modified: 17-10-2015 05:52 PM by Banjo.)
(17-10-2015 04:49 PM)Black Eagle Wrote:  I didn't see this when you first posted it because I was fighting my own medication demons on the other side of the world. I really hate the things meds can do to you. I'm feeling a little better now and I hope you get to feeling better damned quickly.

Geez mate I am so sorry to learn this. There are so many sick people! The cancer charity people have told me of visits to the hospital with 2 year olds. Breaks my heart.

Good luck to you as well my friend.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
17-10-2015, 05:48 PM
(17-10-2015 05:03 PM)Anjele Wrote:  

Glad to hear you are feeling better Eagle - we are rooting for you too!

We shall try. Smile

Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
17-10-2015, 06:18 PM
(17-10-2015 04:46 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(17-10-2015 04:36 PM)Anjele Wrote:  She is such a cutie.

Thanks Anjele.

I am trying as hard as I can. The weather in Sydney has been all over the place this past week and I think it may have affected me. Hot one day, cold the next. My body doesn't handle it well. I'll ask my professor tomorrow what he thinks.

You guys are an amazing help. Mostly I am alone and it is nice to have people there to talk to when I feel a bit rough.

We love you, Banjo Heart
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
17-10-2015, 07:38 PM
(17-10-2015 05:48 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(17-10-2015 05:03 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Glad to hear you are feeling better Eagle - we are rooting for you too!

We shall try. Smile

Absolutely we shall try. Smile
[+] 3 users Like Black Eagle's post
17-10-2015, 07:40 PM
(17-10-2015 07:38 PM)Black Eagle Wrote:  
(17-10-2015 05:48 PM)Banjo Wrote:  We shall try. Smile

Absolutely we shall try. Smile

Thumbsup

Banjo.
17-10-2015, 07:44 PM
(17-10-2015 06:18 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(17-10-2015 04:46 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Thanks Anjele.

We love you, Banjo Heart

Jenny my sweet, the feeling is mutual. How you guys put up with a grouchy old sod like me defies all definitions of patience.. HeartHeartHeart

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post