I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
18-10-2015, 06:14 AM
RE: I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.
Ahh, those pics made me smile so much! Especially the one of you having fun and sticking your tongue out at her.

No question, now. That may be the cutest kid on earth.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
18-10-2015, 06:21 AM
(18-10-2015 06:14 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Ahh, those pics made me smile so much! Especially the one of you having fun and sticking your tongue out at her.

No question, now. That may be the cutest kid on earth.

Thanks mate. I adore her. Smile

So funny, my family has always has been involved in the entertainment business. She's a real performer. My brother is worried she'll grow up to be an actress Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
18-10-2015, 05:12 PM
She is adorable. I can see the motivation to stick around for her.

Invisible, undetectable results don’t count
[+] 2 users Like quoin's post
18-10-2015, 09:19 PM
(18-10-2015 05:12 PM)quoin Wrote:  She is adorable. I can see the motivation to stick around for her.

Thank you. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
20-10-2015, 07:57 AM
Hi Banjo.
I know I'm a complete stranger. Just wanted to tell you that you're an inspiration! Keep up the fight! :-)
[+] 4 users Like LadyDay's post
20-10-2015, 08:19 AM
(18-10-2015 02:47 AM)Banjo Wrote:  And one I took of her.

[Image: 2015-10-18%2018.02.07_zpsuodm4zvw.jpg]

So cute and quite fashionable!
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
20-10-2015, 08:35 AM
(20-10-2015 07:57 AM)LadyDay Wrote:  Hi Banjo.
I know I'm a complete stranger. Just wanted to tell you that you're an inspiration! Keep up the fight! :-)

Thank you. But others have it worse. A dear friend lost his gorgeous baby boy yesterday due to complications with the lung. Baby was not even 1 ear old.

What adds to this sadness is the father had his birthday his son died.

Me? I seem okay and am old, 51, and have had a chance to live. This baby was denied that opportunity. If I could trade places I would not hesitate. Though it is easy to say!

I may live or die. Nobody really knows. Turns out I am the only person on a particular drug trial. It could go either way. And so be it. But I could not help that baby and have no idea how to approach the devastated father. I think I will just hug him as hard as I can and he can cry on my shoulder all night. And I'll do the same.

There are so many sick people. I am not alone. And tonight, this thread of 130 pages or whatever, feels like a massive self serving cry for help.

I am nobody special. I am just a drummer. When I sit amongst the professors who look after me, I feel very inadequate.

Cancer is horrid. But it is only one of many. I urge people to help charities. Governments with their short sighted interests wont do a damned thing.

Oh and thanks for your support. I am having a horrible night.

Banjo.
20-10-2015, 08:40 AM
(20-10-2015 08:35 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(20-10-2015 07:57 AM)LadyDay Wrote:  Hi Banjo.

Thank you. But others have it worse. A dear friend lost his gorgeous baby boy yesterday due to complications with the lung. Baby was not even 1 ear old.

Me? I seem okay and am old, 51, and have had a chance to live. This baby was denied that opportunity. If I could trade places I would not hesitate. Though it is easy to say!

I may live or die. Nobody really knows. Turns out I am the only person on a particular drug trial. It could go either way. And so be it. But I could not help that baby and have no idea how to approach the devastated father. I think I will just hug him as hard as I can and he can cry on my shoulder all night. And I'll do the same.

There are so many sick people. I am not alone. And tonight, this thread of 130 pages or whatever, feels like a massive self serving cry for help.

I am nobody special. I am just a drummer. When I sit amongst the professors who look after me, I feel very inadequate.

Cancer is horrid. But it is only one of many. I urge people to help charities. Governments with their short sighted interests wont do a damned thing.

Just remember that those same professors might very well go home and listen to music to leave behind them, the stress and frustration the day have brought them. So you being, "just" a drummer is helping people to relax and cope with hardship.

Music is one of the strongest arts. It's used by so many people in close to all stages in life.
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
20-10-2015, 08:54 AM
(20-10-2015 08:40 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(20-10-2015 08:35 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Thank you. But others have it worse. A dear friend lost his gorgeous baby boy yesterday due to complications with the lung. Baby was not even 1 ear old.

Just remember that those same professors might very well go home and listen to music to leave behind them, the stress and frustration the day have brought them. So you being, "just" a drummer is helping people to relax and cope with hardship.

Music is one of the strongest arts. It's used by so many people in close to all stages in life.

Thanks mate.
I have over 20 texts to answer. You know I think I'll turn off my phone and get to them tomorrow. Geez I have not even looked at my emails!

I am going to try to sleep.

On a lighter note I bought one of my professosr a copy of Spinal tap. I told her the lead guitarist is said to be based on Jimmy Page and the bass player getting stuck in the fibreglass shell is based on an incident involving Yes drummer Allen White getting stuck in a fibreglass clam shell. Took four roadies to get him out. He emerged gasping for air and 20,000 people screamed in delight. I said to her, this is the life of a rock band. She laughed her head off.

Thanks mate. I am gonna try to forget today and go to sleep. Smile

Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
20-10-2015, 09:05 AM
(20-10-2015 08:54 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(20-10-2015 08:40 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Just remember that those same professors might very well go home and listen to music to leave behind them, the stress and frustration the day have brought them. So you being, "just" a drummer is helping people to relax and cope with hardship.

Thanks mate.
I have over 20 texts to answer. You know I think I'll turn off my phone and get to them tomorrow. Geez I have not even looked at my emails!

I am going to try to sleep.

On a lighter note I bought one of my professosr a copy of Spinal tap. I told her the lead guitarist is said to be based on Jimmy Page and the bass player getting stuck in the fibreglass shell is based on an incident involving Yes drummer Allen White getting stuck in a fibreglass clam shell. Took four roadies to get him out. He emerged gasping for air and 20,000 people screamed in delight. I said to her, this is the life of a rock band. She laughed her head off.

Thanks mate. I am gonna try to forget today and go to sleep. Smile
*Big hug*
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post