I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
19-11-2015, 06:15 AM
RE: I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.
I'm so sad to hear the news isn't positive. I sure hope the doctors turn out to be wrong.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
19-11-2015, 06:33 AM
(19-11-2015 06:15 AM)julep Wrote:  I'm so sad to hear the news isn't positive. I sure hope the doctors turn out to be wrong.

Well nobody knows. My cancer is rare and highly dangerous. I was supposed to die last November in 14. I am still here, I will beat this crap.

My mum used to say "Just a temporary set back". That is all this is.

You watch. I'll still be annoying the crap out of you guys for years to come until you wish I were dead! Big Grin

And thanks. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
19-11-2015, 07:25 AM
I hope he's wrong too, but one things for sure the fucker needs to work on his bedside manner unless its an Aussie thing, I know how down to earth you folks are.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
19-11-2015, 07:52 AM
(19-11-2015 07:25 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I hope he's wrong too, but one things for sure the fucker needs to work on his bedside manner unless its an Aussie thing, I know how down to earth you folks are.

If the writing was on the wall for me I'd prefer my doc to be straight up.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
19-11-2015, 08:26 AM
(19-11-2015 07:52 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(19-11-2015 07:25 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I hope he's wrong too, but one things for sure the fucker needs to work on his bedside manner unless its an Aussie thing, I know how down to earth you folks are.

If the writing was on the wall for me I'd prefer my doc to be straight up.

Me, too. But the offer of a nice cocktail or a steak immediately after would have been nice.

Hang in there, Banjo. Doctors are wrong a lot of the time.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
19-11-2015, 08:56 AM
(19-11-2015 08:26 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  
(19-11-2015 07:52 AM)morondog Wrote:  If the writing was on the wall for me I'd prefer my doc to be straight up.

Me, too. But the offer of a nice cocktail or a steak immediately after would have been nice.

I used to give bad news a lot when I was nursing and being straight and unambiguous without using euphemisms is how we were taught, but talking about writhing in agony were you to have x procedure done would have scored me a big fat fail in my exams. I was so good at giving bad news to relatives when I was nursing on the AIDS unit in the late eighties they gave me a nickname, grim reaper ! Thankfully they had the sense not to use it in front of patients, but nurses and doctors often have a very dark sense of humour goes with the territory I guess. Doctors do frequently get things wrong banjo, if anyone can show them that its you my friend, keep fighting bud.
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
19-11-2015, 09:00 AM
Thanks guys. I will be okay. This thread is a diary. It is an open exposure of what a person in my position goes through. Lots of it is fucked up. But I am sick. The Dr was correct to give it to me straight. I prefer it that way. At least I know where I stand. Which is currently No man's land. :}

I did have nice Japanese dinner and two Japanese beers afterwards. So things are not that bad. And I still live. That is most important. The Now is what I am all about. Smile

Plus I bought a lovely French wine and drank it all. Shhhhh. It is a secret. Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
19-11-2015, 09:03 AM
And I live to see young bands such as this take music forward. That is what I love. Progress.

The drummer has practiced his doubles and various paradiddles well. Smile

Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
19-11-2015, 09:09 AM
(19-11-2015 08:56 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(19-11-2015 08:26 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  Me, too. But the offer of a nice cocktail or a steak immediately after would have been nice.

I used to give bad news a lot when I was nursing and being straight and unambiguous without using euphemisms is how we were taught, but talking about writhing in agony were you to have x procedure done would have scored me a big fat fail in my exams. I was so good at giving bad news to relatives when I was nursing on the AIDS unit in the late eighties they gave me a nickname, grim reaper ! Thankfully they had the sense not to use it in front of patients, but nurses and doctors often have a very dark sense of humour goes with the territory I guess. Doctors do frequently get things wrong banjo, if anyone can show them that its you my friend, keep fighting bud.

Did not see this reply. Must've posted at a similar time.

Man I have had 29 broken bones. Lived on a cancer ward for 10 months. Experienced the heaviest chemo a human can take.

What else can happen?

If my future choice involves agony then death, I'll just take death. At least I have the option. Nothing is to be hidden from me. And I have made that clear to my wonderful doctors.

I am not afraid.

Banjo.
19-11-2015, 09:12 AM
(19-11-2015 08:26 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  
(19-11-2015 07:52 AM)morondog Wrote:  If the writing was on the wall for me I'd prefer my doc to be straight up.

Will do! If only to annoy you poor sods for a while. Smile

Banjo.