I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
19-06-2015, 10:15 PM
RE: I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.
Thanks you Anjele.

The guys is here to fix my water heater but it is so old he does not know what to do!

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-06-2015, 10:16 PM
(19-06-2015 10:14 PM)morondog Wrote:  Come on brother Hug You can't come back and go away again, that's just rude.

I shall do my best. Thanks so much.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
20-06-2015, 03:03 AM
My student, Matthew came over with supplies and a strong coffee from Newtown's best cafe. And there are many great cafes in Newtown.

He brought orange juice, cake, bread, pretzels and peanuts (He called it comfort food), and Bonox. I really wanted Bonox. It helps with my red blood count.

He stayed for two hours. A cancer survivor himself. When he left I found $120.00 on my computer!

Following that another student, Samir arrived! Samir showed me a gig I wanted to attend but was too weak. He said "Anything you need, just call."

Sadly I had to cancel my teaching tomorrow and recommend a former student, who is a great drummer to take over for me. The ever wonderful Jeff Doukakis. I get a mention in his bio at that link. Smile

It is now 6.57 PM and I have not eaten today. Drank coffee and orange juice and water, but no food. I may order some Thai.

I am feeling a bit better about everything. Yesterday I was like a raw wound. Today I am more used to it. Matthew said "You just have to survive. That is what you must do, no matter how hard it gets!" I said Okay.

My dad phoned to see how I am. My brother keeps sending pictures of Grace, my niece. Whatsapp videos as well. Smile

Again I wish to thank you all for your support. It means a great deal to me.

With much love and respect. Dale Cleary.

Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
20-06-2015, 05:57 AM
Sounds like you are doing good. Make sure you eat and get good nutrition now, it will help....

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
20-06-2015, 06:03 AM
(20-06-2015 05:57 AM)Dom Wrote:  Sounds like you are doing good. Make sure you eat and get good nutrition now, it will help....

I ordered Thai, tom yum soup, duck in pepper sauce with rice. Washed down with orange juice. Big Grin

Banjo.
20-06-2015, 06:49 AM
(20-06-2015 06:03 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(20-06-2015 05:57 AM)Dom Wrote:  Sounds like you are doing good. Make sure you eat and get good nutrition now, it will help....

I ordered Thai, tom yum soup, duck in pepper sauce with rice. Washed down with orange juice. Big Grin

Keep your strength up and stay connected. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
20-06-2015, 07:06 AM
Will do Chas. Thanks. Smile

Banjo.
21-06-2015, 12:35 AM (This post was last modified: 21-06-2015 12:39 AM by Banjo.)
Well today has been a big day. I met up with my old flame again for coffee at Sydney's best cafe. IMO Campos has the best coffee in the city. And it is just around the corner from me! Here is a pic' from our table.

[Image: 2015-06-21%2012.18.56_zpsdkmgp7vz.jpg]

I then went shopping for a wedding gift for the most amazing nurse I ever met. The kindness of this woman is beyond my limited vocabulary. She was married a short time after I was discharged. She was so excited in the weeks leading up to her wedding. And she is funny as hell. Big Grin

Here she is!

[Image: 2015-04-19%2011.12.15_zpsxjrdhrvd.jpg]

I went to a shop called Victoria's Basement. They have loads of home maker stuff. Frankly I have no clue, but it looked good and they are having a stocktake sale now. I got her a $100.00 gift voucher and a lovely card. I hope it is enough. I am not really good at this sort of thing so please critique what I wrote in the card. I wont write her name. Here goes:

My dear C.

I wish you so much happiness as you embark upon your married life.

I shall never forget how kind you have been to me.

It has been said "Angels and ministers of Grace defend us".

You have been that to me.

Yours. Dale Cleary.

What do you think, is that okay?

I then went shopping for hospital books at my favorite Sydney book store, Abbey's books.

[Image: 2015-06-21%2015.12.32-1_zps9nuj5t8v.jpg]

I spent $132.00 on books and got a variety. A Roman crime novel by David Wishart. I love those due to them being quite witty. His latest, Finished business.

A history book on Russian female pilots of The Great Patriotic War called, Defending the Motherland. It looks pretty interesting.

Of course I had to get a history book on ancient Rome. This one called, Pompeii. The life of a Roman town. By Mary Beard.

Another book is another WWII history called, A higher call. It is about a B17 pilot and a Luftwaffe Me109 pilot who first met in battle and then later in life as old men. Apparently a best seller.

And finally, Thucydides,The reinvention of history, by Donald Kagan.

I was pretty tired by this point but I managed to pick up another 2 litres of orange juice! Big Grin

Then caught a bus home. Glad to be here to be honest.

Banjo.
[+] 5 users Like Banjo's post
21-06-2015, 02:43 AM
I wanted to take some lovely photos of Sydney and local shots of Newtown today, but it was pissing down with rain.

So here is my 87 year old dad with my 2 year old niece. And some other people and nice moments in my life.

[Image: IMG-20150419-WA0001_zps8g0kr6l0.jpg]

When we were in deep discussion the other day about my situation my dad said, "At least we got to meet her."

The old sod can be right sometimes! Big Grin

She found her mum's mascara!!

[Image: IMG-20150326-WA0001_zpsku8gig6f.jpg]

My brother is a well known producer of plays and musicals etc all around the world. Here he is speaking at the first ever Bollywood style multi production ever held in Australia. My brother was the producer.

[Image: IMG-20150314-WA0001_zpsdkqwyagh.jpg]

# 1 student, Taso, when first enlisted to play with a professional funk band I worked in as a percussionist. The drummer could not make the rehearsal, so 8 year old Taso covered for him using one of my many drum kits.

[Image: n654928142_1802849_5115895_zpsg7sgfvrn.jpeg]

A young me, on the road somewhere.....

[Image: 1937055_104148603142_8123374_n_zps9lezdpps.jpeg]

Teaching a young student how to play the chekere. She got quite good too. Smile

[Image: 2014-08-05%2016.25.32_zpssnntovwk.jpg]

It is good to be the producer. Wink

[Image: n654928142_1750182_7832223_zps7gvfks7w.jpeg]

Taso, at this time aged 13. I had just been released from hospital for a two day grace period and was invited to a rehearsal. Of course I went. He played beautifully. Big Grin

[Image: 2014-03-22%2018.30.16_zpsmjdvfon9.jpg]

So many students over the years....

[Image: 2013-06-22140956_zpsc736146b.jpg]

[Image: 2012-12-04155639_zpse3dec8d0.jpg]

As you may guess, I am a little bored. But what the hell. Let's cheer this thread up a bit! Big Grin

Banjo.
[+] 6 users Like Banjo's post
21-06-2015, 07:19 AM
(21-06-2015 12:35 AM)Banjo Wrote:  I went to a shop called Victoria's Basement. They have loads of home maker stuff. Frankly I have no clue, but it looked good and they are having a stocktake sale now. I got her a $100.00 gift voucher and a lovely card. I hope it is enough. I am not really good at this sort of thing so please critique what I wrote in the card. I wont write her name. Here goes:

My dear C.

I wish you so much happiness as you embark upon your married life.

I shall never forget how kind you have been to me.

It has been said "Angels and ministers of Grace defend us".

You have been that to me.

Yours. Dale Cleary.

What do you think, is that okay?

Your note was lovely; she will be touched.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post