I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
30-11-2015, 12:08 AM
RE: I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.
Orange is a good colour on you :Wink:
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like LadyDay's post
30-11-2015, 12:12 AM
(30-11-2015 12:08 AM)LadyDay Wrote:  Orange is a good colour on you :Wink:

At least i know not to visit LA! Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
30-11-2015, 12:31 AM
Haha. Yes. Hopefully prison-clothing in Australia isn't orange?
[+] 1 user Likes LadyDay's post
30-11-2015, 02:37 AM
(30-11-2015 12:31 AM)LadyDay Wrote:  Haha. Yes. Hopefully prison-clothing in Australia isn't orange?

I have no idea. Probably just normal clothes.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
30-11-2015, 03:08 AM
(29-11-2015 03:02 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(29-11-2015 06:10 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Please don't overlook this, Banjy:

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid905804

Honestly mate there are some days when you just ignore me. Don't you get it yet???

I just spent nearly everyday in an ambulance and must NOW go to hospital again. Seriously, they are waiting for me. I can't even answer Dances yet!

FFS!

I wasn't demanding an immediate answer; indeed, knowing that you've got a lot on your plate, I linked here so that you would be aware that I replied. If you can be bothered to reply to my point in that thread, great. If not, that's fine too; you've got bigger fish to fry than some asshole online, I get it.

As for ignoring you, many days I'm not here at all, so it's not ignoring you, it's not being here at all. I stop in here when I can and try to give you good cheer, so long as I'm welcome. And I'll certainly bow out if I'm not.

Best of luck --

Darrell
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
30-11-2015, 03:34 AM
(30-11-2015 03:08 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(29-11-2015 03:02 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Honestly mate there are some days when you just ignore me. Don't you get it yet???

I just spent nearly everyday in an ambulance and must NOW go to hospital again. Seriously, they are waiting for me. I can't even answer Dances yet!

FFS!

I wasn't demanding an immediate answer; indeed, knowing that you've got a lot on your plate, I linked here so that you would be aware that I replied. If you can be bothered to reply to my point in that thread, great. If not, that's fine too; you've got bigger fish to fry than some asshole online, I get it.

As for ignoring you, many days I'm not here at all, so it's not ignoring you, it's not being here at all. I stop in here when I can and try to give you good cheer, so long as I'm welcome. And I'll certainly bow out if I'm not.

Best of luck --

Darrell

Hey mate.

Don't believe ignoring me was an issue. Personally I think our problem was a misunderstanding. I did not even realise I was replying directly to you! Big Grin

As I said in my answer, I tend to view soldiers as pawns to savvy politicians and business moguls. War is a racket, as was said. It has always been thus.

In Australia we are not as military minded as our more warlike cousins in America, where one is often deemed unmanly if one has not served. I watch American TV and film too.

It is the serviceman and woman, possibly having joined up through social pressure or in an effort to better oneself, who takes the bullet.

Not the Tory politician and billionaire profiting from every bullet fired and life taken. For what? Them?

That was my point and it was NOT personal.

Cheers mate.

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
30-11-2015, 03:45 AM
I think your picture of Americans being deemed unmanly for not having served is inaccurate. But that's another discussion.

I do think we had a bit of a misunderstanding, and I do apologize for my part in it.
30-11-2015, 10:27 AM
I'm sorry to hear you are going through a rough patch with the pain and falling. There are times when I wish we could adjust gravity so it wasn't so darn consistent.

Take care.

Invisible, undetectable results don’t count
[+] 1 user Likes quoin's post
30-11-2015, 11:20 AM
I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.
A random thought brought on by a reply in another thread. Years ago, I spent a few days at a show that included Gigi Edgley, an actress from Perth. Sitting next to her was another Australian actor, Wayne Pygram. He was telling us the story about why Frank Sinatra didn't like Australia.

There's a law in Australia that requires foreign acts to have a certain percentage of Australian workers. Sinatra and his people didn't like this. They hadn't even bothered to research the law there.

So in some entertainment circles, Sinatra didn't have a very good reputation. As Pygram said, Australians are a working country. If you don't like it, don't perform there!
30-11-2015, 03:21 PM
(30-11-2015 03:45 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I think your picture of Americans being deemed unmanly for not having served is inaccurate. But that's another discussion.

I do think we had a bit of a misunderstanding, and I do apologize for my part in it.

I have been known to be wrong. But as far as I am aware without bothering to check the web as I just woke up and my head is very cloudy, has not America had peace for only four years of it's entire history?

We Aussies are your allies and always end up in the shit with you. So what does that say about us? At least since WWII.

Dumb MF's I suppose. Smile

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post