I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
05-12-2015, 08:11 AM
RE: I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.
(30-11-2015 10:27 AM)quoin Wrote:  I'm sorry to hear you are going through a rough patch with the pain and falling. There are times when I wish we could adjust gravity so it wasn't so darn consistent.

Take care.

(05-12-2015 07:59 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Hi buddy how are you doing ? I'm hoping they have your pain under control and that your quality of life is better than it has been of late all the best Dale, sending you and your family all best wishes for a great festive season hope its not too hot in Oz for a turkey dinner when the time comes Big Grin

Hey mate thanks. Had a long day, 10 am to 7 pm. Am a bit shell shocked and have chemo brain. Aside from that it was a great day. I am setting up my equipment in my studio. Getting the cheap crap out and putting in pro gear. Check it out.

Hope all is well with you.

[Image: 2015-12-05%2016.53.44_zpsvhmobj2h.jpg]

[Image: 429317a9-1e77-4c06-85ea-1538994d314a_zpsho6ytg6w.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Banjo's post
05-12-2015, 09:48 AM
That's great Banjo. A home office for drummers and a place for you to lose yourself in.

I have to laugh at your signature about Buddy Rich and Dusty Springfield. Hahaha. She may have been swell but she was no guy.

[Image: a08c28_f083af788dc64599a7bad5e8027ec16b.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
05-12-2015, 05:37 PM
(30-11-2015 10:27 AM)quoin Wrote:  I'm sorry to hear you are going through a rough patch with the pain and falling. There are times when I wish we could adjust gravity so it wasn't so darn consistent.

Take care.

(05-12-2015 09:48 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  That's great Banjo. A home office for drummers and a place for you to lose yourself in.

I have to laugh at your signature about Buddy Rich and Dusty Springfield. Hahaha. She may have been swell but she was no guy.

Thanks.

The quote is from a famous shared series of gigs at a club in Hollywood. Virtually all the top stars of stage and screen attended to hear the jokes Buddy made about Dusty. Apparently she was even more self centered and big headed than Buddy. Buddy had no, I should say ZERO respect for her talent. Buddy had of course worked with people such as Ella Fitzgerald, Sarah Vaughn, Harry James, Tommy Dorsey, Artie Shaw, Charlie Parker, Frank Sinatra etc etc and was one of the top musicians of the 20th century. Dusty was a complete unknown.

At the end of the engagement Buddy and his band handed Dusty some flowers full of broken glass. Buddy said "This may help your voice." Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
05-12-2015, 05:41 PM
Nice drums, Banjo! Shy

One o these days we're gonna have to set up a drum competition between you and ELK! [Image: drums.gif]

Tongue

[+] 3 users Like TheGulegon's post
05-12-2015, 05:53 PM

Take care.

(05-12-2015 05:41 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Nice drums, Banjo! Shy

One o these days we're gonna have to set up a drum competition between you and ELK! [Image: drums.gif]

Tongue

Thanks mate. The little blue kit is for young students. The gold kit in the background is one of the world's finest. Close ups in my instrument thread.

I speak with Elk regularly. He's had a chance to catch me with severe chemo brain. Poor sod. Smile

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
05-12-2015, 07:35 PM
(05-12-2015 05:37 PM)Banjo Wrote:  

Take care.

(05-12-2015 09:48 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  That's great Banjo. A home office for drummers and a place for you to lose yourself in.

Thanks.

The quote is from a famous shared series of gigs at a club in Hollywood. Virtually all the top stars of stage and screen attended to hear the jokes Buddy made about Dusty. Apparently she was even more self centered and big headed than Buddy. Buddy had no, I should say ZERO respect for her talent. Buddy had of course worked with people such as Ella Fitzgerald, Sarah Vaughn, Harry James, Tommy Dorsey, Artie Shaw, Charlie Parker, Frank Sinatra etc etc and was one of the top musicians of the 20th century. Dusty was a complete unknown.

At the end of the engagement Buddy and his band handed Dusty some flowers full of broken glass. Buddy said "This may help your voice." Big Grin

Quote:Buddy and his band handed Dusty some flowers full of broken glass. Buddy said "This may help your voice."

That's funny. As I recall she had a "dusty" sounding voice which I'm guessing is where her name came from.

I've had contact with quite a few entertainers of one sort or another over the years, mostly actors, and OMG, the overblown egos are everywhere.

Anyway, it's good to see your drum set up and running. Thumbsup Let us know how everything goes.

[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
06-12-2015, 01:08 AM
(05-12-2015 07:35 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
Quote:Buddy and his band handed Dusty some flowers full of broken glass. Buddy said "This may help your voice."

That's funny. As I recall she had a "dusty" sounding voice which I'm guessing is where her name came from.

I've had contact with quite a few entertainers of one sort or another over the years, mostly actors, and OMG, the overblown egos are everywhere.

Anyway, it's good to see your drum set up and running. Thumbsup Let us know how everything goes.

Yeah I understand the egos. I actually saw it in myself for a while and did not like what I saw. So I decided to avoid fame at all costs and simply concentrate on the skill.

Thank you and will do.

I had lunch with my niece.

[Image: 2015-12-06%2012.35.25_zpswrywe3ox.jpg]

Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
06-12-2015, 09:01 AM
(05-12-2015 05:37 PM)Banjo Wrote:  

Take care.

Thanks.

There's more to the story.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
06-12-2015, 09:06 AM
(06-12-2015 01:08 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(05-12-2015 07:35 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  That's funny. As I recall she had a "dusty" sounding voice which I'm guessing is where her name came from.

Yeah I understand the egos. I actually saw it in myself for a while and did not like what I saw. So I decided to avoid fame at all costs and simply concentrate on the skill.

Thank you and will do.

I had lunch with my niece.

Awww she's such a cutie!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
06-12-2015, 10:35 AM
(06-12-2015 09:01 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-12-2015 05:37 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Thanks.

There's more to the story.

Chas, I read that article. What a sad life. Religious guilt and the resulting self loathing is such a killer.

Son of a Preacher Man has withstood the test of time. Still sounds great.

Banjo, I'm not derailing your thread. I'm sorry for the side discussion.

How are you feeling today. I saw your photos of your student in the other thread and the photo of your niece is so wonderful too. It looks like she can't stand still for one second....she's a blur of activity!

[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post