I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
21-06-2015, 05:20 PM
RE: I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.
From past posts I know that you are pretty independent, I might say stubborn, and don't like to 'inconvenience' anyone.

There are people rallying around you who want to help - let them.

I am much the same. I was pretty much on my own when I was going through my stuff. Even having to drive downtown when I shouldn't have, not being able to wash my own hair, or open a medicine bottle. The one person I asked for help, didn't. A part of my heart is still wounded that I broke down and asked and was let down.

You have people willing to help you - let them. This is a time when asking for and accepting help is perfectly acceptable - no, necessary.

As for your nephew, he is probably in utter shock...or technology may have failed. Keep an open mind.

We are here virtually and in spirit (as it were). I know that if some of us were closer we would be there to do whatever we could that is more tangible.

Hugs...many, many hugs.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
21-06-2015, 05:30 PM
I know Anjele. Frankly I am worried about my nephew. I don't thing he handles these things well. Goes into denial.

I am very grateful to everyone here. It is why I keep posting on this thread so often. Because it helps. It really does.

Yes, I am alone. I have been alone since I was 8, aside from two relationships that saw me touring all the time anyway. Hard to ask people for help.

So sorry about your friend. My mother had the same thing happen when she got MS. She told her lifelong friend who responded "I can't take this. Don't ever call me again!"..Mum never recovered from that....

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
21-06-2015, 05:46 PM
(21-06-2015 05:30 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Yes, I am alone. I have been alone since I was 8, aside from two relationships that saw me touring all the time anyway. Hard to ask people for help.

You are not alone. Tell us what you need. Girly'll get it there.

#sigh
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
21-06-2015, 05:56 PM
(21-06-2015 05:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-06-2015 05:30 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Yes, I am alone. I have been alone since I was 8, aside from two relationships that saw me touring all the time anyway. Hard to ask people for help.

You are not alone. Tell us what you need. Girly'll get it there.

Unfortunately, it seems what he needs is for you to get your fat ass there. Big Grin Or someone.

On a serious note, Banjo, is care-taking help available? Either volunteer or hired?

We could start a GoFundMe or some such to make it possible.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Chas's post
21-06-2015, 05:57 PM
(21-06-2015 05:30 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I know Anjele. Frankly I am worried about my nephew. I don't thing he handles these things well. Goes into denial.

I am very grateful to everyone here. It is why I keep posting on this thread so often. Because it helps. It really does.

Yes, I am alone. I have been alone since I was 8, aside from two relationships that saw me touring all the time anyway. Hard to ask people for help.

So sorry about your friend. My mother had the same thing happen when she got MS. She told her lifelong friend who responded "I can't take this. Don't ever call me again!"..Mum never recovered from that....

Had it been a 'friend' I could move on...it was one of my children...that cut deep. The wound that hasn't healed. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
21-06-2015, 06:13 PM
I have a jamming session later tonight with the lads. I don't do hugs but I'll drink a few cans of beer between riffs, and give you a big, Cheers!! Stay strong.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 2 users Like Marozz's post
21-06-2015, 06:22 PM
(21-06-2015 05:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-06-2015 05:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You are not alone. Tell us what you need. Girly'll get it there.

Unfortunately, it seems what he needs is for you to get your fat ass there. Big Grin Or someone.

We could start a GoFundMe or some such to make it possible.

I can get this started if Dale's on board. Dale meets Bob. ... you got sexy calves.
[Image: bearhugs.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
21-06-2015, 07:07 PM
Ha ha ha, oh thanks guys. I did have some help assistance but it only lasted for 6 weeks after my discharge. I shall return to hospital soon anyway where I will be well taken care of. So no drama.

I may have mentioned it earlier in the thread, but anyway, I had been loaned a shower chair by the hospital. But they collected it last week. Nevertheless with one phone call I was able to buy another and have it delivered for $100.80 the following morning before 9.00 am!

Returning to hospital will reinvoke the care assistance and upon discharge I will get another 6 weeks help. Mind you I do not know how long this hospital stay will last. Or if in fact, and I am being very cold hearted about this, if I will ever leave at all. At least upright! Big Grin

Girlyman thanks mate. But I am in far flung Australia. It's a 22+ hour flight here from the States. Don't worry. I have a drummer network. We drummers stick together and I am well respected. Were I to need anything one of them would come through. I am also a man of simple tastes and do not require much. I have the internet connected to my TV with access to a streaming site where I can watch the latest movies and TV shows. I have bonox, coffee, tea bags and orange juice. Food is a phone call away and I have cash on me.

A lift to Campsie to see my Dr would be nice. I suffer chronic pain and my pain med's are finished. Over the years and having a rough childhood I have had 29 broken bones. Arthritis is rife and the body gets a bit sore.

But oh well what can one do but one's best? I will try to get all this stuff done today. I am simply finding it a little hard to get started.

Anjele. I have no words. Know that you are loved by me. I am so very thankful you take the time, after having struggled with this yourself, to help little old me.

Damn and blast it!

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
21-06-2015, 09:17 PM
(18-06-2015 09:45 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Well I just had a serious meeting with the head of heamatology at RPA and other doctors. Very serious indeed with many frowns. Smile

My disease has returned with a vengeance and it looks like I will not survive. The professor described my chances as "Grim!"

They are unsure what to do having gone through everything in the past. This is why I was sent home. Frankly, they are at a loss as of what to do. I expect to be readmitted within the next few days.

Now I must call my father, nephew and send a Whatsapp message to my brother in Thailand.

Then I must call # 1 student's dad. My student's name is Taso and we are incredibly close. When he first learned of my illness he bolted from class and locked himself in the music room. They could not get him out for two hours and had to call his mum. This is going to really hurt Taso. Sad

Now I am alone until next week.

Nephew just called and I told him. Strange, he is in denial.

This sucks!

But I WILL fight! I have done it before. Smile

You will fight, brotha. Give 'em what-for.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
21-06-2015, 09:19 PM (This post was last modified: 21-06-2015 09:45 PM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(19-06-2015 03:36 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(19-06-2015 02:50 AM)morondog Wrote:  I see you're eating the entrails of a priest? Tongue

Stay strong amigo, we're rootin' for ya Smile

Thanks so much.

I am home now. I really spoiled myself.
1 cognac.
Grilled cheese and chorizo entre.
2 3rds bottle of Chilean wine.
Slow cooked pork neck.
Finished with a last cognac.

I will sleep tonight!

Total with tip, $109.00.

WTF right? Smile

Live large, bud.

(21-06-2015 07:07 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Ha ha ha, oh thanks guys. I did have some help assistance but it only lasted for 6 weeks after my discharge. I shall return to hospital soon anyway where I will be well taken care of. So no drama.

I may have mentioned it earlier in the thread, but anyway, I had been loaned a shower chair by the hospital. But they collected it last week. Nevertheless with one phone call I was able to buy another and have it delivered for $100.80 the following morning before 9.00 am!

Returning to hospital will reinvoke the care assistance and upon discharge I will get another 6 weeks help. Mind you I do not know how long this hospital stay will last. Or if in fact, and I am being very cold hearted about this, if I will ever leave at all. At least upright! Big Grin

Girlyman thanks mate. But I am in far flung Australia. It's a 22+ hour flight here from the States. Don't worry. I have a drummer network. We drummers stick together and I am well respected. Were I to need anything one of them would come through. I am also a man of simple tastes and do not require much. I have the internet connected to my TV with access to a streaming site where I can watch the latest movies and TV shows. I have bonox, coffee, tea bags and orange juice. Food is a phone call away and I have cash on me.

A lift to Campsie to see my Dr would be nice. I suffer chronic pain and my pain med's are finished. Over the years and having a rough childhood I have had 29 broken bones. Arthritis is rife and the body gets a bit sore.

But oh well what can one do but one's best? I will try to get all this stuff done today. I am simply finding it a little hard to get started.

Anjele. I have no words. Know that you are loved by me. I am so very thankful you take the time, after having struggled with this yourself, to help little old me.

Damn and blast it!

If you need anything, let me know -- I've got some buds in Oz from a musician's forum and I don't doubt if I put it out that they'd do what they could to help you.
[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post