I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
09-12-2015, 05:06 PM
RE: I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.
Thank you everyone. What a way to wake up. I will check all the links later. I still feel chemo brain and must return to hospital later today for more treatment. It often takes a while for me to get my head together and I do so by coming here to see the threads and how everyone is doing.
Many thanks. Dale.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
10-12-2015, 01:02 AM
(09-12-2015 01:03 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  I just read the op. Banjo, you have a strength and courage that few possess. You have my respect.

Hi mate and many thanks. It's a funny thing, I don't really feel strong. I just want to live. I want to attend my niece's 21st birthday party. She's 2. If I can get there, I will die a happy man.

Also I have my students whom I care for. During these past months they were taught by teachers who just did not care. "You get the cheque?" Kind of thing. Me, I don't care about the cheque. I just want them to receive a good education.
Then there is the rest of my rather small family.

Anyway I have just returned from hospital, left at 1.30, returned home 5.55 PM. Not too bad. Everything seems to be going okay with this trials so far. It may bite me in the butt. The medication has killed several people. However, to my tiny mind, if I can help science,and therefore help people, it was not a waste of time.

One thing I learned many years ago. Never waste time.

Cheers Jason. Dale

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
10-12-2015, 01:08 AM
(09-12-2015 01:11 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(09-12-2015 01:03 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  I just read the op. Banjo, you have a strength and courage that few possess. You have my respect.

Banjo is an amazing person in many ways. Someone who's really lived their dream of following their true passion in life. It motivates me every day to follow my passion as well and not continue along with a career I don't really want to be in.

Jenny is WAY too kind. She's also lovely and kind and makes me wish I were a younger man! Wink

(09-12-2015 02:16 PM)Reducetarian Wrote:  Hi Banjo,
My son sent me this satirical article; thought you might like a chuckle.

Best wishes from the Great (not so White) North.

I'll check it out as soon as I post this.

Many thanks for considering me.

(09-12-2015 02:29 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(09-12-2015 04:56 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Just got to watch those videos Dances. What a talent he was. Check out those "low boy" hi hats! I think the snare top right, I own one and it is on my instrument thread. Smile

I just realized that those drums Astaire is hitting with his shoes needed to be strongly anchored to the floor somehow since they're turned sideways. I would imagine that would change the sound slightly, not that it mattered too much with this dance piece. He was known to practice his dance numbers 14 - 16 hours a day which drove some of his dance partners to tears. Practice makes perfect though.

Another interesting thing about drums that I read recently. During the state funeral of John Kennedy there was a military drum corp that played the drums at the funeral. The drums were described as "muffled" and they repeated a drum beat over and over throughout much of the funeral parade.

I stumbled onto a thread discussing one of the men in the corp who played at the funeral. I find it amazing that this drum beat and the men in the drum corp is being discussed decades later.

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/in...v-24-1963/

Edit: Dammit! I should have put this over in your drum thread. Now that I've posted it here I don't know how to move it there.

Indeed they were secured some how. I love the way he kicked the toms by moving his feet to the side. Great video. I shared it on my FB page.

My friend played for Kennedy. They made eye contact apparently. He has mentioned it several times. Smile

Thanks Dances. You too have always shown me nothing but kindness, respect and support.

It has not gone unnoticed.

Thanks guys. Dale.

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
10-12-2015, 01:10 AM
Oh and yes, I heard about Peart's retirement. Read that article. Good luck to him.

Thanks mate. Dale

Banjo.
17-12-2015, 12:10 PM
Banjo,
Where are you and how are you?

Haven't heard from you in a couple days. Hope all is well.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
17-12-2015, 07:52 PM
(30-11-2015 10:27 AM)quoin Wrote:  I'm sorry to hear you are going through a rough patch with the pain and falling. There are times when I wish we could adjust gravity so it wasn't so darn consistent.

Take care.

(17-12-2015 12:10 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Banjo,

Hi Anjele.
I have been having health issues.

There is a large growth behind an eye and it is making it hard to read and write I hope to be back soon. Was at the hospital yesterday and nobody know what to do.I have three appointments early next week. We shall see. The growth is too deep o biopsy but has been growing since last year.

My eyes are totally bloodshot and my face is red.

Will let you know how I go.

Cheers. D.

PS. I have some PMs but will read them when I can. My absence is nobody's fault. Just my health. Smile

Banjo.
17-12-2015, 08:09 PM
(17-12-2015 07:52 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(30-11-2015 10:27 AM)quoin Wrote:  I'm sorry to hear you are going through a rough patch with the pain and falling. There are times when I wish we could adjust gravity so it wasn't so darn consistent.

Take care.

(17-12-2015 12:10 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Banjo,

Hi Anjele.
I have been having health issues.

There is a large growth behind an eye and it is making it hard to read and write I hope to be back soon. Was at the hospital yesterday and nobody know what to do.I have three appointments early next week. We shall see. The growth is too deep o biopsy but has been growing since last year.

My eyes are totally bloodshot and my face is red.

Will let you know how I go.

Cheers. D.

PS. I have some PMs but will read them when I can. My absence is nobody's fault. Just my health. Smile

Oh, dear. I hope they figure it out.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
17-12-2015, 08:14 PM
Thinking of you, Banjo Heart We miss you!

[Image: comment_AMXWtvsOZZCI62q6UOezNVnw1pczNH5P.gif]

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
17-12-2015, 09:27 PM
I'll be thinking about you and hoping things improve. HeartHeart

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
17-12-2015, 09:33 PM
Thinking of you Banjo! Love you!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post