I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
20-12-2015, 01:36 AM
RE: I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.
(19-12-2015 05:48 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Hi guys. I've not been able to read the screen until today. I taught yesterday, which proved difficult. As Jenny said I posted in my instrument thread yesterday and one of the pic's is quite blurry.

I am playing this afternoon with a piano trio and hope it goes well. I will spend the day resting up.

Sorry to worry everyone.

I have a heavy week coming. Lumbar puncture # 31. Bone marrow biopsies 33 and 34. They always do 2. I have a regular visit to see the doctor and get a check up and a dressing change and the pump removed for 2 weeks. And they need to xray my head about the lump behind my eye.

So lots of fun before xmas.

Thanks for your concern everyone. Dale

YUCK!!! That's a lot of needle-poking to your back! Right in the friggin' spine!!!
I hope you're a lot less scared of needles than I am! I always get a nurses hand to squeeze, and that's just for a tiny little IV. I hope you have a sweet nurse to hold your hand too! (Or that you're cool enough to not mind the poking)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes LadyDay's post
20-12-2015, 03:35 AM (This post was last modified: 20-12-2015 03:40 AM by Banjo.)
(20-12-2015 01:36 AM)LadyDay Wrote:  
(19-12-2015 05:48 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Hi guys. I've not been able to read the screen until today. I taught yesterday, which proved difficult. As Jenny said I posted in my instrument thread yesterday and one of the pic's is quite blurry.

I am playing this afternoon with a piano trio and hope it goes well. I will spend the day resting up.

Sorry to worry everyone.

I have a heavy week coming. Lumbar puncture # 31. Bone marrow biopsies 33 and 34. They always do 2. I have a regular visit to see the doctor and get a check up and a dressing change and the pump removed for 2 weeks. And they need to xray my head about the lump behind my eye.

So lots of fun before xmas.

Thanks for your concern everyone. Dale

YUCK!!! That's a lot of needle-poking to your back! Right in the friggin' spine!!!
I hope you're a lot less scared of needles than I am! I always get a nurses hand to squeeze, and that's just for a tiny little IV. I hope you have a sweet nurse to hold your hand too! (Or that you're cool enough to not mind the poking)

Thanks. Smile

Oh I forgot, they also inject chemo into my spine. Yay! Hobo

Anyway, getting away from needles (I once had 40 in a week), here's the trio. Your's truly mainly on brushes.

The pianist.

[Image: 2015-12-20%2017.06.04_zpsdu8kmrzw.jpg]

The bassist.

[Image: 2015-12-20%2017.05.19_zpsdutso0cs.jpg]

Me, the guy with the bent nose because it was the ninth break, and I hit it with a drumstick in front of hundreds of people. But I did finish the song. Smile

Oh and if you look directly to my right, that blue pouch is what I carry around all the time that carries the medicine. Bloody heavy. Which is why it's on the couch. I however am on a Sonor drum throne. Smile

[Image: 2015-12-20%2017.29.39_zpshmoub5dh.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 7 users Like Banjo's post
20-12-2015, 03:46 AM
Oh and I should introduce one of my best friends, the stick bag!

And, the brushes lying on a lovely Sonor snare drum! Big Grin

I got a brush lesson from the one and only Louis Bellson. Wink

One of the happiest and special days of my life. Smile

[Image: cd26eb41-34a5-460e-913c-6eb36a2a38bb_zps8ganqd2e.jpg]

[Image: 2015-12-20%2017.06.44_zpsdad4tlq9.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 9 users Like Banjo's post
20-12-2015, 05:08 AM
We Heart you Banjo. You are an inspiration.

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes izel's post
20-12-2015, 05:14 AM
(20-12-2015 05:08 AM)izel Wrote:  We Heart you Banjo. You are an inspiration.

Thanks Izel. You're too kind. It is appreciated. Big Grin

Banjo.
20-12-2015, 06:10 AM
I LOVE that shirt!!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
20-12-2015, 06:36 AM
(20-12-2015 06:10 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I LOVE that shirt!!

Thanks mate. A present from my brother upon his return from LA a few weeks ago. He has shows beginning there next year I believe. Then it is New York working his way toward the middle.

Thanks mate. I took those shots for you. Smile

Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
20-12-2015, 07:28 AM
Goth girls give me wood my favorite is the lead singer from snake river conspiracy. Good luck with the gig and all the medical stuff mate.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
20-12-2015, 02:00 PM
I would love to see a video of you guys playing. Doesn't have to be fancy. An Iphone would be fine. We'd all love it.Heart

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
20-12-2015, 03:47 PM
(20-12-2015 02:00 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I would love to see a video of you guys playing. Doesn't have to be fancy. An Iphone would be fine. We'd all love it.Heart

Hi Dances.

I am afraid I am egotistical enough not to put anything on YouTube until I am playing well again. It may take some months. I am now below pro level. All my muscularture. has changed after 10 months in bed, both a disease and drugs that make me weak and into my 14th month of chemotherapy. Wink

Hopefully. I used to be world class and now work with amateurs. Smile

But at least I am playing.

Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post