I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
28-12-2015, 06:39 PM
RE: I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.
(28-12-2015 05:38 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(28-12-2015 05:35 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I'm so sorry for your loss Hug

Thanks Jenny. Pretty upset at this end. Sad

I'm so sorry you are going through all of this. We love you very much Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
28-12-2015, 06:41 PM
(28-12-2015 05:51 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I can't get my head around how many people I became close to, joked with, tried to help etc who have died this past year. One after the other. I've lost count.

You kind of build a network of people just through the disease. People you meet in hospital or elsewhere. How the nurses and doctors handle it is beyond me.

I don't know what to do now. I'm gutted. Utterly gutted.

I made myself a coffee.

I was on the orthopedic cancer floor and made friends to then lose them too soon.

Maybe you'll be the one who lives and gives others hope. But either way, you'll make a positive impact.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
28-12-2015, 06:47 PM
(30-11-2015 10:27 AM)quoin Wrote:  I'm sorry to hear you are going through a rough patch with the pain and falling. There are times when I wish we could adjust gravity so it wasn't so darn consistent.

Take care.

(28-12-2015 06:35 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(28-12-2015 05:51 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I can't get my head around how many people I became close to, joked with, tried to help etc who have died this past year. One after the other. I've lost count.

You kind of build a network of people just through the disease. People you meet in hospital or elsewhere. How the nurses and doctors handle it is beyond me.

I don't know what to do now. I'm gutted. Utterly gutted.

I made myself a coffee.

We luvz ya, tho! Heart & we ain't goin nowhere! Drinking Beverage

Thanks mate. To get news like this when waking up is strange. I suppose I should be used to it. 1 in 2 Australians will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime. That's an astounding number. 1 in 2!

Add to this the news came during my chemo emotion cycle and I have no idea what is going on.

I feel I need to get out of this flat or something. Maybe catch a bus down to the harbour. But that is not easy in my condition.

What to do?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
28-12-2015, 06:51 PM
(28-12-2015 06:41 PM)Chas Wrote:  I was on the orthopedic cancer floor and made friends to then lose them too soon.

Maybe you'll be the one who lives and gives others hope. But either way, you'll make a positive impact.

Thanks Chas. I hope I can do something. At least being on this drug trial is helping science. I may not be a scientist but I am contributing. At least in some small way. Less than 700 people worldwide are on this drug. I think I am the only one in Australia. There may be one other. There was one before me and he survived. However he was a lot younger than I. I am glad he made it. At least I got to my 50's. Many have not.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
28-12-2015, 07:05 PM
Keep venting my friend I think I can speak for everyone when I say that as far as you're concerned we have very broad shoulders.
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
28-12-2015, 07:08 PM
Thanks mate. I am kind of deflated. This one has hit me hard. I have gone back to bed. Unlike me really.

Banjo.
28-12-2015, 07:13 PM
Sounds like it was kind of unexpected even taking his diagnosis into accountSad
28-12-2015, 07:23 PM
(28-12-2015 07:13 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Sounds like it was kind of unexpected even taking his diagnosis into accountSad

Yeah. I thought he was going to make it. I don't know what to do now.

It's a strange mixture of being sad at losing a friend and concern for oneself. If that makes sense. I mean we all die. But a bit longer would be nice. Who am I to complain though. I expected to die over a year ago.

I feel weakened. But the thing is I'm not a weak person. I fought full contact martial arts tournaments. Used to skydive, scuba dive, became a master of martial arts etc. Yet here I am just like a fucking flounder on the beach.

Somehow today I have to fight these feelings. I was thinking of calling the nurses at my local hospital who know me well and asking their advice.

I have seen so many die, why is this one so fucking hard to take???

Banjo.
28-12-2015, 07:31 PM
(28-12-2015 06:47 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I feel I need to get out of this flat or something. Maybe catch a bus down to the harbour. But that is not easy in my condition.

What to do?

Well now I'm torn between telling you to stay where you're at & conserve your strength, and telling you to say 'fuck it' & go get some fresh air!

I don't want ya to catch cabin fever, but if you went out on my word & fell in & got gobbled up by a great white, I'd almost feel bad like it was my fault! Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
28-12-2015, 07:36 PM
So I just rang the hospital and spoke to a trusted nurse. He has recommended I see my GP and get a referral to see a psychologist. He believes I am having a crisis. Apparently it is hard enough anyway being this ill and then having a friend die. It just makes it worse. Perhaps I should just go to the emergency department and speak to one of the psych doctors now. It would take time to see my GP and get the referral.

Banjo.