I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
28-12-2015, 07:37 PM
RE: I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.
You were in the same boat it's only natural to have feelings of concern and unease regarding yourself and your situation. When my friend committed suicide earlier this year thoughts of my own suicide increased inspite of seeing first hand the devastation his death caused. I don't have any sage advice or anything but I'm sending you a virtual hug.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
28-12-2015, 07:44 PM
(28-12-2015 07:23 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(28-12-2015 07:13 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Sounds like it was kind of unexpected even taking his diagnosis into accountSad

Yeah. I thought he was going to make it. I don't know what to do now.

It's a strange mixture of being sad at losing a friend and concern for oneself. If that makes sense. I mean we all die. But a bit longer would be nice. Who am I to complain though. I expected to die over a year ago.

I feel weakened. But the thing is I'm not a weak person. I fought full contact martial arts tournaments. Used to skydive, scuba dive, became a master of martial arts etc. Yet here I am just like a fucking flounder on the beach.

Somehow today I have to fight these feelings. I was thinking of calling the nurses at my local hospital who know me well and asking their advice.

I have seen so many die, why is this one so fucking hard to take???

You don't need to fight any feelings, maybe just let them be. It's okay to be sad, it's okay to miss people we've lost. It's okay to feel frustrated, scared, weakened, etc. This is a lot to deal with and you deal with it with the utmost strength and perseverance every day. You are not a weak person, you are human and you are going through a lot. I think it would be good idea to talk to the nurses. Either way, you are not alone and we are all here for you to support you through this.
[+] 4 users Like jennybee's post
28-12-2015, 09:18 PM
Thanks guys.
I called my samba teacher in the USA via Skype and we chatted for some time. He made me feel alot better. My brother is coming over to take me out for a coffee. I also had a shower and put on some clean clothes.

I am feeling better. The shock got to me. I am going to see my GP tomorrow and get the referral. I have been dealing with this alone, aside from speaking of it here. It may not be enough.

I also plan to get some more effective pain medication.

Also, I am concerned about Black Eagle. I've not seen him post in a while and last we spoke on this thread he was in poor shape. Has anyone heard from him?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
28-12-2015, 09:52 PM (This post was last modified: 28-12-2015 09:57 PM by jennybee.)
(28-12-2015 09:18 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Thanks guys.
I called my samba teacher in the USA via Skype and we chatted for some time. He made me feel alot better. My brother is coming over to take me out for a coffee. I also had a shower and put on some clean clothes.

I am feeling better. The shock got to me. I am going to see my GP tomorrow and get the referral. I have been dealing with this alone, aside from speaking of it here. It may not be enough.

Also, I am concerned about Black Eagle. I've not seen him post in a while and last we spoke on this thread he was in poor shape. Has anyone heard from him?

I'm glad u r feeling better. Smile

I don't think I've seen BE on here recently, but with the holidays, he may be busy with all of that.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
28-12-2015, 09:57 PM
(28-12-2015 09:52 PM)jennybee Wrote:  

I'm glad u r feeling better. Smile

I don't think I've seen BE on here recently, but with the holidays here, he may be busy with all of that.

Thanks Jenny for being there when needed.

Let's hope he is okay. Thumbsup

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
28-12-2015, 09:58 PM
(28-12-2015 09:57 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(28-12-2015 09:52 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I'm glad u r feeling better. Smile

I don't think I've seen BE on here recently, but with the holidays here, he may be busy with all of that.

Thanks Jenny for being there when needed.

Let's hope he is okay. Thumbsup

Heart Always there for you--you're our Banjo Tongue

I hope so too!
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
28-12-2015, 10:13 PM

He signed on about noon yesterday. He did mention holiday plans. He popped in, just didn't post.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
28-12-2015, 10:14 PM
(28-12-2015 10:13 PM)Anjele Wrote:  

He signed on about noon yesterday. He did mention holiday plans. He popped in, just didn't post.

Thanks Anjele!
Smile

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
28-12-2015, 10:33 PM
I can't even imagine what you're going through. But we love ya, buddy, so we're here for you.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
29-12-2015, 02:06 AM
(30-11-2015 10:27 AM)quoin Wrote:  I'm sorry to hear you are going through a rough patch with the pain and falling. There are times when I wish we could adjust gravity so it wasn't so darn consistent.

Take care.

(28-12-2015 10:33 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  I can't even imagine what you're going through. But we love ya, buddy, so we're here for you.

Thanks mate.

I am much better than earlier. The whole shock thing got to me.

My brother finally arrived and we met his wife and my niece. We then went to the shops and I said good bye, went to that same japanese restaurant, where a pigeon came in and created havoc, had a salad and some fish and raised a glass of sake to my friend.

I am now home. I made the booking with my Dr tomorrow and will get the pain med's which I sorely need (pun intended) and get a referral to see a psychologist.

There have been better days, there have been worse. It's just life and we all have our problems.

Thanks again everyone for your understanding and patience. We drummers are an emotional bunch. Smile

Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post