I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
21-06-2015, 09:27 PM
RE: I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.
Cheer up time!!!

One day, three men died and went to heaven.

They met St. Peter at the pearly gates, and he told them that he needed to know how much money they made during their last year on earth, before he would let them into heaven.

The first man went up to St. Peter and said "St. Peter, I made 11 million dollars my last year on earth. I was a corporate lawyer, I was responsible for fifty-six take ov..."

St. Peter stopped him and said "Son, I didn't ask what you did, I asked how much money you made. You may enter heaven." And the man went on into the glorious wonders of heaven.

The next man approached and said "St Peter, I didn't do quite as good as that last guy, but I made $500,000 last year. I was a neurosurgeon, I saved many lives, and pioneered the new...."

St Peter stopped him and said "Son, I didn't ask what you did, I asked how much money you made. You may enter heaven." And that man went off to join the heavenly feast.

The third man reluctantly approached St. Peter, and looked up at the pearly gates in awe. He started to hang his head, and in a quiet voice he said "St Peter, I only made $8,000 last year."

St Peter's eyes brightened, and he said "COOL!!! What instrument did you play?"

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Chas's post
21-06-2015, 09:29 PM
Badum - tiss

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
21-06-2015, 10:00 PM
hahahah

And since we're in a drummer thread --

How do you know there's a drummer at the front door?

He doesn't come in when you say to.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
21-06-2015, 10:08 PM

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
21-06-2015, 10:25 PM
That kid's badass, making music with no harmony or melody. This, from a guy who normally hates drum solos.

No, really, that's badass.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
22-06-2015, 12:53 AM
(21-06-2015 09:19 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  If you need anything, let me know -- I've got some buds in Oz from a musician's forum and I don't doubt if I put it out that they'd do what they could to help you.

Cheers mate. Many thanks.

Just returned from my doctor over in the suburb, Campsie. Campsie is great. It is very Asian, so you have all kinds of grocers, Korean, Chinese, Indian, Pakistani etc etc. And fantastic restaurants. Sadly it is an hour away on the bus. I currently have no car. Got rid of it when I fell ill.

[Image: 2015-06-22%2014.34.40_zpsttuzgu4i.jpg]

[Image: 2015-06-22%2014.34.34_zps9gwehai3.jpg]

Bad pic's I know. Could be any street anywhere.

I managed to pick up the pain med's I need. Including morphine I take only when necessary.

Have still not heard from the hospital. So I gather they are still considering my options. My doctor today fully explained the dangers of stem cell transplants. Probably my only option, and if it fails you die. Just like that.

My old flame is coming by after work! She told me yesterday she still loves me. I still love her even after all these years. A very sweet woman. Great friend. She is kind of into woo and I have resigned myself to patiently indulge her tonight. She means only the best and has obviously forgotten how strong an atheist I always was. She remembers me as a martial artist and musician and assumes I am open to all kinds of things I believe are nonsense.

Normally I would not stand for it, but she is being so kind.....

My brother, sister in law and niece are at an elephant farm in Thailand and keep sending photos. Here's a couple.

[Image: IMG-20150622-WA0002_zpsp0qtinbj.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20150622-WA0004_zpsbxrq3l1a.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20150622-WA0005_zpsvksnsi6v.jpg]

Getting something to eat in the giftshop. Smile

[Image: IMG-20150622-WA0011_zpshvdqt8in.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 5 users Like Banjo's post
22-06-2015, 01:11 PM
Where I live in Sydney is in the inner western suburb of Newtown. It is a university town and is full of free thinkers and artists and students. I love it here. King St is the main road and you can see anything there. Here's a few pic's.

Campos cafe, that green corner shop. Doesn't look much but serves the best coffee in Sydney. I live just around the corner. The restaurant next to it, Bambino's Italian is very fine too.

[Image: Campos%20Coffee_zpssazktamh.jpg]

[Image: 305-king-street_i-have-a-dream-mural1_zpsiowsjnph.jpg]

[Image: Newtown%20house_zpsjzko76ah.jpg]

[Image: King%20St%20enmore%20road%20junction._zpsfvdhiee7.jpg]

My brother's old theatre, The Newtown Theatre. I had lunch with many famous actors at that cafe.

[Image: The%20Newtown%20theatre_zpsnzzwcugd.jpg]

[Image: Newtown%20property_zpslyaxzoep.jpg]

[Image: Newtown%20market%20buskers_zpsoz65i7hi.jpg]

[Image: Darley%20St%20graffiti_zps7n9sx7vk.jpg]

I love it here. Street music, markets, students with energy and fresh ideas....

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 6 users Like Banjo's post
22-06-2015, 02:30 PM
I havent been on the forum lately and just caught up on this thread.

Sending some love and hugs your way. Heart

I am happy to see you are still out and about town. Feel the sun onyour face and the breeze in your hair. Enjoy the beauty of nature while you can before the docs get you checked back in to their hotel.

I am glad I got to know you, Dale, you have really touched my life and my heart.

Best wishes for you friend,
Heart
Rhonda.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 5 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
22-06-2015, 04:45 PM
Sounds like you are doing ok. Looking at all the cars in that street (where your doc is), it's probably better you don't have one. Parking looks like a nightmare!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
22-06-2015, 04:57 PM
(22-06-2015 01:11 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Where I live in Sydney is in the inner western suburb of Newtown. It is a university town and is full of free thinkers and artists and students. I love it here. King St is the main road and you can see anything there. Here's a few pic's.

Campos cafe, that green corner shop. Doesn't look much but serves the best coffee in Sydney. I live just around the corner. The restaurant next to it, Bambino's Italian is very fine too.

[Image: Campos%20Coffee_zpssazktamh.jpg]

[Image: 305-king-street_i-have-a-dream-mural1_zpsiowsjnph.jpg]

[Image: Newtown%20house_zpsjzko76ah.jpg]

[Image: King%20St%20enmore%20road%20junction._zpsfvdhiee7.jpg]

My brother's old theatre, The Newtown Theatre. I had lunch with many famous actors at that cafe.

[Image: The%20Newtown%20theatre_zpsnzzwcugd.jpg]

[Image: Newtown%20property_zpslyaxzoep.jpg]

[Image: Newtown%20market%20buskers_zpsoz65i7hi.jpg]

[Image: Darley%20St%20graffiti_zps7n9sx7vk.jpg]

I love it here. Street music, markets, students with energy and fresh ideas....

That brought back memories-----------glad you missed the fountainThumbsup......oops sorry thinking of the X
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post