I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
21-01-2016, 05:29 PM
RE: I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.
(21-01-2016 07:35 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-01-2016 01:08 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Home now. Thank you all. Smile Add another 32 hours in hospital. Smile

So, why was your platelet count down? The disease? The treatment?
Or did you spring a leak? Consider

Mate they don't know. Simple as that. This is a brand new drug. It also has extreme side effects that just pop up.

They take notes, send them to the company in Europe and if an adjustment must be made they will do so after analysis.

My trouble is my mind. If they increase the dosage I go crazy. I am on the lowest possible dose.

It is frustrating because just as things are looking good, they fall away again.

Chas I tell you, every time I hug my niece, it means that much more to me.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Banjo's post
22-01-2016, 10:36 AM
(21-01-2016 05:29 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(21-01-2016 07:35 AM)Chas Wrote:  So, why was your platelet count down? The disease? The treatment?
Or did you spring a leak? Consider

Mate they don't know. Simple as that. This is a brand new drug. It also has extreme side effects that just pop up.

They take notes, send them to the company in Europe and if an adjustment must be made they will do so after analysis.

My trouble is my mind. If they increase the dosage I go crazy. I am on the lowest possible dose.

It is frustrating because just as things are looking good, they fall away again.

Chas I tell you, every time I hug my niece, it means that much more to me.

Its still working by the sound of things though mate. You keep that niece of yours first and foremost in your mind, I bet you are a fucking awesome uncle, and I know you are an awesome atheist at the risk of sounding sycophantic you to me embody the best of what it means to be a free thinker and a humanist and someone to whom I aspire to Hug
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
22-01-2016, 02:27 PM
(22-01-2016 10:36 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Its still working by the sound of things though mate. You keep that niece of yours first and foremost in your mind, I bet you are a fucking awesome uncle, and I know you are an awesome atheist at the risk of sounding sycophantic you to me embody the best of what it means to be a free thinker and a humanist and someone to whom I aspire to Hug

Thanks mate.
Well I am going to teach today. Rehearse percussion tomorrow. Hospital Monday. Teach Tuesday, then play Tuesday night, rest Wednesday. Hospital Thursday. Rest Friday then the same again. I just hope I have the strength. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
26-01-2016, 10:32 AM
Hi guys.
So I had a great gig on Australia day. Played an outdoor show to a decent audience and many danced. I played percussion and apparently did very well.

The best thing was my great student Taso and his family attended. Taso said I was perfectly in time and played appropriately. No over playing. Here is a pic just before I went on.

[Image: IMG_2711_zpshkkzkq8g.jpg]

And after with he and his brother.

[Image: IMG_2717_zpsw0nfkgsr.jpg]

With the drummer.

[Image: IMG_2714_zpsep4fpwis.jpg]

Taso's mum is a nurse and spent the entire gig worrying I would catch my power pic line from the machine to my chest and rip it out. Smile

I was very careful. Hopefully shots of the actual gig will surface.

Banjo.
[+] 11 users Like Banjo's post
26-01-2016, 10:43 AM
(26-01-2016 10:32 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Hi guys.
So I had a great gig on Australia day. Played an outdoor show to a decent audience and many danced. I played percussion and apparently did very well.

The best thing was my great student Taso and his family attended. Taso said I was perfectly in time and played appropriately. No over playing. Here is a pic just before I went on.

With the drummer.

Taso's mum is a nurse and spent the entire gig worrying I would catch my power pic line from the machine to my chest and rip it out. Smile

Looks like an awesome day.
[+] 2 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
26-01-2016, 10:53 AM
(26-01-2016 10:43 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(26-01-2016 10:32 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Hi guys.

With the drummer.

Looks like an awesome day.

It was great mate, Smile

Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
28-01-2016, 12:00 AM
Hi guys.
I just got back from hospital. Everything is looking good. It seems what happened a couple of weeks ago was some aberration.Although my platelets are still a bit low, the 24/7 chemo' and new drug appear to be working. There is no sign of cancer in my system. Smile

Next week I must endure more lumbar punctures and bone marrow biopsies, but after the next cycle I get 8 weeks off the drug. My mind may clear and I may have more energy. And I hope the real me, the one who was loved on tour and was funny, will finally get to meet you all. Not this drug laden wreck you see before you. Mind you, I am not complaining. I am alive! Big Grin

Thanks to all those who have endured this mammoth thread and given me strength and advice when I needed it. It has meant more than I can say.

Lots of love. Sincerely yours. Dale

Banjo.
[+] 9 users Like Banjo's post
28-01-2016, 12:06 AM
Dude that's fucking amazing news!!!!

Hug

Love ya Dale!!!!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
28-01-2016, 12:11 AM
(28-01-2016 12:06 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Dude that's fucking amazing news!!!!

Hug

Love ya Dale!!!!

Thanks mum.

You're my angel overseer.

Listening to Joni. Smile

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
28-01-2016, 12:41 AM
Best news!!!!! Heart So happy things are working! Hug
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post