I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
04-02-2016, 08:18 PM
RE: I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.
(01-02-2016 11:52 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Thanks mate. I just had a lumbar puncture. What fun. Smile

Do they give you general anesthesia to knock you out for a lumbar puncture or only a local? If it's anything like a spinal tap I want my ass knocked out.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2016, 09:18 PM
(04-02-2016 08:18 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(01-02-2016 11:52 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Thanks mate. I just had a lumbar puncture. What fun. Smile

Do they give you general anesthesia to knock you out for a lumbar puncture or only a local? If it's anything like a spinal tap I want my ass knocked out.

Hi mate.
I had bone marrow biopsies yesterday too. Big Grin

To answer your question, no. They give you two locals. Sadly these only affect the flesh and cannot numb the bone, nor the cartilage through which they must puncture to get to the spinal fluid. So one has a needle, usually 2 mm, stuck in one's back for up to 90 minutes and one must lay still. So it is felt during the entire operation. Last Tuesday was my 34th.

They extract the fluid and then insert chemo directly into the same area. This is the chemo that can affect my emotional state over 10 to 12 days. Although today I feel fine.

Here is a basic image.

[Image: 9587.jpg]

The same is true of the bone marrow biopsy. Of which I have now had 36. You feel the corkscrew like implement dug into your hip. They then extract the marrow in a way that resembles pulling a cork from a wine bottle.

[Image: Bone_marrow_biopsy.jpg]

Due to the fact I have had such a large number of these procedures, scarring has developed in both my hips and vertebrae. This means each time becomes a bit more difficult. With the biopsies it feels like they must go deeper. However I think this is simply due to the bone having become stronger.

The vertebrae presents more of a problem because with my spine having been injured in the past there is just one access point. And this point becomes smaller each time making the procedure that much more difficult for the doctors.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
04-02-2016, 09:22 PM
(04-02-2016 08:05 PM)Chas Wrote:  C'mon, mate, 'fess up.

You're really Robbie Coltrane or his stunt double.

[Image: 0410F9BC0000044D-0-image-a-2_1422701517029.jpg]

Sadly no.

I know a story about Robbie. He likes women with small hands because they make his penis look larger. Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
04-02-2016, 10:34 PM
(04-02-2016 09:18 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(04-02-2016 08:18 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Do they give you general anesthesia to knock you out for a lumbar puncture or only a local? If it's anything like a spinal tap I want my ass knocked out.

Hi mate.

To answer your question, no. They give you two locals. Sadly these only affect the flesh and cannot numb the bone, nor the cartilage through which they must puncture to get to the spinal fluid. So one has a needle, usually 2 mm, stuck in one's back for up to 90 minutes and one must lay still. So it is felt during the entire operation. Last Tuesday was my 34th.

They extract the fluid and then insert chemo directly into the same area. This is the chemo that can affect my emotional state over 10 to 12 days. Although today I feel fine.

Here is a basic image.

The same is true of the bone marrow biopsy. Of which I have now had 36. You feel the corkscrew like implement dug into your hip. They then extract the marrow in a way that resembles pulling a cork from a wine bottle.

Due to the fact I have had such a large number of these procedures, scarring has developed in both my hips and vertebrae. This means each time becomes a bit more difficult. With the biopsies it feels like they must go deeper. However I think this is simply due to the bone having become stronger.

The vertebrae presents more of a problem because with my spine having been injured in the past there is just one access point. And this point becomes smaller each time making the procedure that much more difficult for the doctors.

Ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch!!!!!!!!

Jesus christ! You're heroic. Bowing

Sending my love and thoughts. Heart

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
04-02-2016, 10:36 PM
(04-02-2016 10:34 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(04-02-2016 09:18 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Hi mate.

Here is a basic image.

Ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch!!!!!!!!

Jesus christ! You're heroic. Bowing

Sending my love and thoughts. Heart

Thanks. Smile

One can get used to anything. And I know many people worse off than me.

Oh GM. They do put kids out for these procedures. Not adults though.

Banjo.
11-02-2016, 03:40 AM
Hey guys. It looks like I will beat this shit. 12 more months of chemo and hopefully I will be okay.

Thanks to all for your patience and support. It has meant more to me than I am able to articulate. Smile

Banjo.
[+] 10 users Like Banjo's post
11-02-2016, 03:50 AM
(11-02-2016 03:40 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Hey guys. It looks like I will beat this shit. 12 more months of chemo and hopefully I will be okay.

Thanks to all for your patience and support. It has meant more to me than I am able to articulate. Smile

Clap

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
11-02-2016, 05:02 AM
(11-02-2016 03:40 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Hey guys. It looks like I will beat this shit. 12 more months of chemo and hopefully I will be okay.

Fucking awesome mate, its been a genuine privilege to be part of your journey through this.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
11-02-2016, 05:07 AM

Best news ever! So glad to hear that you are going to be around for a long, long time.

Love,
Angie

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
11-02-2016, 05:08 AM

Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post