I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
01-08-2016, 09:23 PM
RE: I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.
(01-08-2016 09:19 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  You know you are awesome, right, Banjo?
Bowing

I am surrounded by awesome people. I admit to simply being a cog in a wheel with many others.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
01-08-2016, 09:29 PM
(01-08-2016 09:23 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(01-08-2016 09:19 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  You know you are awesome, right, Banjo?
Bowing

I am surrounded by awesome people. I admit to simply being a cog in a wheel with many others.

Some cogs...

[Image: o.jpg]

are cooler than others! Cool

Hug

[+] 4 users Like TheGulegon's post
02-08-2016, 01:21 AM
Very happy to see you over at AF too, Banjy. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
02-08-2016, 03:58 AM
(02-08-2016 01:21 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Very happy to see you over at AF too, Banjy. Smile

Thank you both.
I do appreciate it very much.

It was a lovely surprise to see you there Mr Guitar Man.

It has been a funny day. A long long day in hospital. I feel the drugs pulsing through my veins.

I had a nice surprise. The bass player I played with in the band where I took the drum chair said he actually found it hard to play with me because the time never wavered and he found himself rushing. I'd listened and thought I was dragging. Apparently after checking with the metronome I never wavered. So he wants to get together before he plays with another band and work on the groove.

I told him having played percussion in that band I found myself influenced by what the other drummer had done. I was not being myself. So I have asked him if we can funkify it up a bit. Make it swing more and really get a pocket happening. He is keen. So it should be fun. Stink it up a bit and make it funky. I'd like to add some New Orleans style as well.

I am thinking of endorsing one of two companies. I haven't endorsed anyone since I was with Pearl Remo and Zildjian back in the day. These companies are more special. I have an idea for a master class. Maybe do some clinics around the country. But really I want master classes as I can get far more personal. Already the teachers at the school are coming to me for advice. So that is cool. Especially since I am way behind where I used to be. It's funny playing with numb hands and feet.

I think I am talking so much here due to the drugs. I feel high in some way.

Ha, bass player just texted me. He (3 times!) wants me to be me.

Should be fun.

The other website is nice. The guys talking about Rome are getting it right. Which is nice. On the day I am out of it. Typical. Wink

It's cool to be able to switch back and forth. The only other sites I joined are model and military sites to get the facts right about the aircraft I am making.

It's nice because it is pretty quiet here with just me.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
02-08-2016, 04:00 AM
Hug

All the best mate
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
02-08-2016, 04:05 AM
(02-08-2016 04:00 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Hug

All the best mate

Thanks mate. I lost 6 kilos since Monday last week. I am now 96 kilos. It makes falling over easier to overcome. Big Grin

Banjo.
02-08-2016, 05:26 AM
Howdy Banjo!

In regards to your model making: Have you ever tried miniatures-gaming?

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
02-08-2016, 05:52 AM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2016 06:16 AM by Banjo.)
(02-08-2016 05:26 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Howdy Banjo!

In regards to your model making: Have you ever tried miniatures-gaming?

No I never had time really because I was on the road and only made models during the period when I fractured my spine. As soon as I could play again I stopped modelling.

Recently I picked a model to do as a first go. It is a bastard of a thing. Nothing fits. I am determined to complete it because if I can make that, I can make anything. Good practice but not that much fun. I was told to "bin it" but decided the harder it is, the better right now.

I may make a larger model next. 1:32 scale. I got a Bearcat and a resin highly detailed cockpit, metal undercarriage and resin wheels. I also got great French decals and those things weathered like crazy. And the parts are BIG and easy to see. I also got a high quality Spitfire Mk VIII and some RAAF decals. That model was expensive and would take six months. It would look amazing though.

I went through my stash and found several kits in 1:32, including an I 16, Rudel's Stuka, a Fw 190 D9, two Me 109's another Mig 19, but this time a trainer with a double cockpit and a bunch of others. Perhaps that is the scale for me at this time. First though I am going to finish this 1:48 scale Corsair.

Banjo.
02-08-2016, 08:32 AM
Glad to hear you are doing well and have this upcoming collaboration. Something cool to look forward to. Your muscles don't care if your extremities are numb, they do remember. Smile
02-08-2016, 10:50 AM
I gotta hand it to you, you are tough as nails, Banjo.