I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
07-08-2016, 04:02 PM
RE: I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.
(04-08-2016 08:06 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  When I logged in today, it said I hadn't logged in since February! And the first post that catches my eye is written by you!

how ya doing sunshine?

Heart

Up and down. Mostly up. Smile

Nice to see you. Thumbsup

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
08-08-2016, 01:45 AM
Back in hospital.

[Image: 20160808_113009_zpsgis1wjk7.jpg]

Not much in the way of privacy.

[Image: 20160808_114054_zpsb1dpwtoy.jpg]

[Image: 20160808_114204_zpspfc11lvg.jpg]

One has to eat hospital food before the intimate delicacy of the humble cheese sandwich can appear as if in gold.

[Image: 20160808_120820_zpscejjmzkf.jpg]

I didnt mention it but I had a rough weekend. Very rough.

I kept on thinking of this.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 12 users Like Banjo's post
08-08-2016, 01:48 AM
Hug

All the very best
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
08-08-2016, 03:30 AM
Cheers mate. I am home now. I told them I wasn't gonna stay. I'm over being stuck in hospital. I go back on Thursday anyway.

Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
08-08-2016, 05:48 PM
I love that you still feel like making silly faces Laugh out load

hope you aren't there for long.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
09-08-2016, 05:00 AM
(08-08-2016 05:48 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I love that you still feel like making silly faces Laugh out load

hope you aren't there for long.

Home now. Smile

Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
12-08-2016, 05:24 PM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2016 06:06 PM by Dom.)
(12-08-2016 05:03 PM)Elexis Wrote:  Hi Banjo,
No worries. I got upset at the tone of your post (I'm a bit emotionally fragile at the moment) but on reflection the general message was sound. I think I see what you're saying - just cos I'm ill doesn't mean I have to throw my brain in the garbage in search of comfort, right?

Hi Elexis. Yes indeed. You must realise you have worth. Run to you.

(12-08-2016 05:03 PM)Elexis Wrote:  I'll stick around I think, though I may not be very active (generally don't go online much) it would be nice to have an online community to turn to. Do you guys mind somebody hanging around who isn't an atheist & has no desire to become one any time soon? I'd like to drop the new-age crap but don't think my core theistic beliefs are going anywhere, would still be nice to have a little place of scepticism to go to if I ever start going down the woo road again...

I advise you to stick around and be active. The members here are amazing. Also, read my signature. It is there for a very important reason.

(12-08-2016 05:03 PM)Elexis Wrote:  (Incidentally I found this place cos I got really hooked on the Thinking Atheist podcast. Listening to that alongside the psychic podcast created enough cognitive dissonance to make me wanna sort this stuff out! It's a really well-made show.)

I'm gonna tell you a little story.

I was about 11 or 12 and I had moved states from Victoria in south Australia to NSW because I had a better job offer. I hitchhiked all the way. I slept by knocking on doors and asking to borrow a sleeping bag and crash on their porch. Nobody refused.

I turned up at the town, got the job and went to a boarding house. I rang the bell and this old man answered.

"Got a room?"

"You want a room?"

"Where are your parents?"

"Dead. You have a vacancy sign and I have money and a job. I will pay two months in advance."

"Okay mate. Come in."

I lived there for about 6 months before the job was over.

Luckily he never called the cops. Later I got to know the local cop and he was a decent guy and saw I was fully independant.

I never took one day off.

This is where I am coming from. This began at age 8. I have told a few stories on this site but they don't even come close.

Now today I want you to do this.

Go back to the mirror, look into it and say: "Fuck them! Fuck Banjo! I don't need their shit! I am ME!"

With best intentions. Dale

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
12-08-2016, 05:34 PM
What's up, Dale? Unsure

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
12-08-2016, 06:07 PM
(12-08-2016 05:24 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(12-08-2016 05:03 PM)Elexis Wrote:  Hi Banjo,
No worries. I got upset at the tone of your post (I'm a bit emotionally fragile at the moment) but on reflection the general message was sound. I think I see what you're saying - just cos I'm ill doesn't mean I have to throw my brain in the garbage in search of comfort, right?

Hi Elexis. Yes indeed. You must realise you have worth. Run to you.

(12-08-2016 05:03 PM)Elexis Wrote:  I'll stick around I think, though I may not be very active (generally don't go online much) it would be nice to have an online community to turn to. Do you guys mind somebody hanging around who isn't an atheist & has no desire to become one any time soon? I'd like to drop the new-age crap but don't think my core theistic beliefs are going anywhere, would still be nice to have a little place of scepticism to go to if I ever start going down the woo road again...

I advise you to stick around and be active. The members here are amazing. Also, read my signature. It is there for a very important reason.

(12-08-2016 05:03 PM)Elexis Wrote:  (Incidentally I found this place cos I got really hooked on the Thinking Atheist podcast. Listening to that alongside the psychic podcast created enough cognitive dissonance to make me wanna sort this stuff out! It's a really well-made show.)

I'm gonna tell you a little story.

I was about 11 or 12 and I had moved states from Victoria in south Australia to NSW because I had a better job offer. I hitchhiked all the way. I slept by knocking on doors and asking to borrow a sleeping bag and crash on their porch. Nobody refused.

I turned up at the town, got the job and went to a boarding house. I rang the bell and this old man answered.

"Got a room?"

"You want a room?"

"Where are your parents?"

"Dead. You have a vacancy sign and I have money and a job. I will pay two months in advance."

"Okay mate. Come in."

I lived there for about 6 months before the job was over.

Luckily he never called the cops. Later I got to know the local cop and he was a decent guy and saw I was fully independant.

I never took one day off.

This is where I am coming from. This began at age 8. I have told a few stories on this site but they don't even come close.

Now today I want you to do this.

Go back to the mirror, look into it and say: "Fuck them! Fuck Banjo! I don't need their shit! I am ME!"

With best intentions. Dale

Fixed your quote tags. Wink

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
12-08-2016, 07:18 PM
Hi Banjo,
I've been reading some of your story on this thread and I'm blown away by your strength. you're one hell of a tough dude... hang in there.
Wishing you the very best,
Alexis
[+] 4 users Like Elexis's post