I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
25-06-2015, 10:39 PM
RE: I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.
(25-06-2015 10:15 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(25-06-2015 06:45 PM)Banjo Wrote:  [Image: 2015-06-26%2009.29.11_zpsidxhisrs.jpg]

Do all crossings have "Look" on them or is there just something particularly interesting on that bit of pavement?
I would think that people who aren't already looking won't see the "look" sign, so the sign seems somewhat redundant given that those who do see it already are looking.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-06-2015, 08:10 AM (This post was last modified: 26-06-2015 08:13 AM by Banjo.)
(25-06-2015 10:39 PM)Stevil Wrote:  I would think that people who aren't already looking won't see the "look" sign, so the sign seems somewhat redundant given that those who do see it already are looking.

The government of the day did it. The 2000 Olympics ended up being very safe. So who knows, it may have worked.

Anyway.....

I just returned from Taso's rehearsal with his adult progressive metal band. He played wonderfully well and the band adore him. They lovingly refer to him as, The Kid.

Before the rehearsal he practiced and we had fun with me jumping around like a maniac. I always make him laugh. Big Grin

[Image: 2015-06-26%2016.07.12_zpsy5irletm.jpg]

The massive kit begins like this.

[Image: 2015-06-26%2018.14.07_zpsgudj1yxd.jpg]

Gradually it goes together...

[Image: 2015-06-26%2018.21.56_zpsxqcup7w2.jpg]

Until it looks like this.

[Image: 2015-06-26%2020.05.02_zpsccddckjg.jpg]

His poor dad acts as the drum tech.

[Image: 2015-06-26%2020.04.35_zps5u9obb0r.jpg]

In action.

[Image: 2015-06-26%2019.53.08_zpsclbtfkoq.jpg]

[Image: 2015-06-26%2019.42.50_zpsunhi3s3a.jpg]

The band members were very gracious and kind to me. At no point did I feel in the way. During a break they actually picked my brain regarding ethnomusicology and I explained the relationship of rhythm to language and so on.

Nice bunch of men who all gathered to wish me goodbye and thank me for coming and having done such a good job teaching Taso.

It was a nice evening, although very tiring. I am glad I went.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 5 users Like Banjo's post
27-06-2015, 12:32 AM
Anyway, back to me. Smile

I have been studying up on the drug the new hospital wants to try on me. Check this out:

BLINCYTO may cause serious side effects that can be severe, life threatening,or lead to death, including:

Cytokine Release Syndrome (CRS) and Infusion Reactions. Symptoms of CRS and infusion reactions may include: • fever • vomiting • tiredness or weakness • chills • dizziness • face swelling • headache • wheezing or trouble breathing • low blood pressure • skin rash • nausea

Neurologic problems. Symptoms of neurologic problems may include: • seizures • difficulty in speaking or slurred speech • loss of consciousness • confusion and disorientation • loss of balance

Quote From FDA

confusion and disorientation, well that is normal for me anyway. So no harm no foul. Plus I am on a shit load of tablets already. I take about 12 every morning. I can actually feel them affecting me heavily today. As anyone reading my posts today has likely figured out.

I bought a heap of hospital books. I hope I am okay enough to read the bloody things while under all those symptoms. Sadcryface

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
27-06-2015, 01:01 AM
That's a drum kit, and not a crashed airliner?
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
27-06-2015, 01:05 AM
(27-06-2015 01:01 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  That's a drum kit, and not a crashed airliner?

Yep. And he played it appropriately, never over played and used it very musically. I was very proud of him. Have you seen the kid play yet? If not, here he is playing a piece of music written by my teacher, Virgil Donati. So if I am Taso's master, Virgil is his grand master. (In martial arts terms anyway.)

Check him out. His playing is flawless. And he was 13 when he recorded this!

Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
27-06-2015, 01:29 AM
Great wrists!
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
27-06-2015, 01:35 AM
He is a fine student. Thank you so very much for taking the time to check out the video. I really appreciate it.

He plays all styles. I was teaching him New Orleans style funk when he was 6. Smile

Banjo.
27-06-2015, 09:59 AM
He's obviously extremely talented, and proficient. Some drummers never master things like the polyrhythms around 3:30 or so.

You've every reason to be proud, Banjy.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
27-06-2015, 10:03 AM
Taso is a good looking guy, and a drummer...um, um, um....

My first serious boyfriend was/still is a drummer. Perhaps not of high up rock and roll caliber but it helped him get a free ride at Notre Dame.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
27-06-2015, 05:11 PM
(27-06-2015 09:59 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  He's obviously extremely talented, and proficient. Some drummers never master things like the polyrhythms around 3:30 or so.

You've every reason to be proud, Banjy.

Thanks so much again. You are very kind. Smile

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post