I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
27-06-2015, 05:29 PM
RE: I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.
(27-06-2015 10:03 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Taso is a good looking guy, and a drummer...um, um, um....

My first serious boyfriend was/still is a drummer. Perhaps not of high up rock and roll caliber but it helped him get a free ride at Notre Dame.

Yeah, the guys in the band were stirring him the other night "The girls are gonna go wild" and Taso got all embarrassed. He's only 14. Smile

His dad may call over later. Something about taking me to dinner, but I think it wont happen. Poor guy is so busy with his business.

My old flame called yet again and wants to meet me at the local cafe at 10.30 am. It is 9.15 now and I am having trouble getting started this morning. Have yet to even shower. I made myself a strong instant coffee. Oh how I hate instant coffee!
In Australia we are spoiled for good coffee. Especially where I live. As I have already said.

My nephew is taking me to the Royal North Shore Hospital tomorrow where they will discuss all the side effects and risks involved in this trial. Of which I have learned are many. Including death. Quite the side effect! Smile

But I figure what is the alternative. Clearly the regular chemo wont help and radiation seems a weak choice as well for my condition. And she was not enthusiastic about my chances with stem cells. She said she will miss me and that I have been "a very stoic patient".

Oh and apparently all my hair will fall out again. Which when it happened the first time I thought was funny as hell. I just sat there running my fingers through my hair and my hands would be full of clumps of it. Smile

Urgh, I have to go and shower. Such a freaking effort! But at least I have a shower chair. Big Grin

It is now 9.30. Took 15 minutes to write this post. Blink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
27-06-2015, 06:23 PM
Good to see you squeezing everything you can out of every day!

You are obviously loved and people are there for you in the real world, as we are here in the virtual one.

Keep going...I understand the exhaustion...one foot in front of the other, even if it takes more time to get it there.

Much love and many hugs,
Angie

*and yeah, Taso's going to a hit with the girls - he'll appreciate it real soon. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
27-06-2015, 06:30 PM
(27-06-2015 06:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Good to see you squeezing everything you can out of every day!

You are obviously loved and people are there for you in the real world, as we are here in the virtual one.

Keep going...I understand the exhaustion...one foot in front of the other, even if it takes more time to get it there.

Much love and many hugs,
Angie

*and yeah, Taso's going to a hit with the girls - he'll appreciate it real soon. Tongue

Thanks Angel.

I had my shower. Just got dressed. Told my old GF I may be ten minutes late. She's getting us a table. Smile

Thanks again for all the support. Everyone here has no idea how much it means to me.
Love to all. Dale

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
27-06-2015, 09:05 PM
Well we met at the cafe and she informed me my Whatsapp photo was this terrible shot of me in hospital with freakin' tubes running out of me! I had no idea at all. So I changed it to a happier shot. Geez I am thick!

Anyway we took some pic's when we were done. You know it has been 25 years since we were together and we remain the very best of friends to this day. (It is like that with all my ex girlfriends)

[Image: 2015-06-28%2011.55.23_zps0ftrts1a.jpg]

Banjo.
[+] 6 users Like Banjo's post
27-06-2015, 09:13 PM
Pretty lady! Smile
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
27-06-2015, 09:16 PM
(27-06-2015 09:13 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Pretty lady! Smile

You should have seen her 25 years ago!

And she is a royal. An actual princess. Big Grin

Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
27-06-2015, 09:24 PM
Oh! I watched some of Taso's other videos, I really like Pull Me Under.

He is good!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
27-06-2015, 09:32 PM
(27-06-2015 09:24 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Oh! I watched some of Taso's other videos, I really like Pull Me Under.

He is good!

Thank you. You are so very kind. That particular video is how his band found him.

Apparanetly they saw the video and thought "Who is this guy???" Rang the studio

"Who is that drummer???"

"What drummer?"

"The guy doing the Dream Theater cover."

"Oh he is just a 13 year old kid. He is in a band that often doesn't show up so he just practices and we filmed him. His dad brings him."

"Can we have his number?"

"No, but I will pass on your number to his dad and he can call you."

So Taso's dad called. The older guitarist asked if he could come over that day and bring the band's CD to see if Taso liked it. Taso did so the guy said

"Come along to a rehearsal next week and see if you want to join."

Taso turned up and asked to play. They said "But we just gave you the CD!"

Taso answered "I already learned it."

He played one song, then another and another and so on.

He was in!

I taught him how to prepare and how to be a professional. Not just a player. Wink

Thanks Angel. Smile

Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
28-06-2015, 12:34 AM
As one may have guessed, this thread is also becoming a bit of a record of my little life. A shame I am no longer in studios or on stages like before as it would have been much more interesting. Now it is just those I know supporting me and my little life around Newtown.

Today has been a big day. It is now 4.16 pm as I write this. The day began as you know with breakfast with my old flame.

Then my brother comes along with his family and we went to the park so my niece could play. I thought I'd share a few pic's. I hope you don't mind.

[Image: 7ba6fb6a-092d-49a7-b75e-8f25e7d7ddd2_zps9helxp23.jpg]

There was a kid's birthday party at the park and they were playing pin the tail on the wombat. (not donkey. This being Australia)

[Image: 2015-06-28%2014.02.55_zpsdkcszz4w.jpg]

The park. I once tried to practice a Brasilian drum, the cuica, here. It drove all the dogs crazy. I never did that again! Big Grin

[Image: 2015-06-28%2014.03.25_zpsxtdkardx.jpg]

My niece. She loves having her picture taken. Smile

[Image: 2015-06-28%2014.26.47_zps6hsxndms.jpg]

Poor old dad gets a wake up call when all the fun has been had. Smile

[Image: 2015-06-28%2014.34.58_zpspohkzml7.jpg]

My wonderful nephew came over and we discussed him picking me up to take to me to the hospital tomorrow. He tells me he notices a change in me he is worried about. As opposed to my headlong fight of before, he is concerned I have become resigned to passing away after the meeting with the doctor two weeks ago who told me they will try to keep me alive until years end. I am simply tired. That's all. I am feeling as I did when I first went to the doctor and it was discovered I had cancer.

Watching my little niece today, and then seeing my nephew, I will fight. If tomorrow they tell me I have X amount of time with a "quality of life" or may not have any time at all if I fight, I will choose to fight. Hell I have chosen already. Better to die on one's feet than to live on one's knees!

So, that was my day. Thank you for sharing it with me. Smile

Banjo.
[+] 5 users Like Banjo's post
28-06-2015, 12:53 AM (This post was last modified: 28-06-2015 12:57 AM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(27-06-2015 05:29 PM)Banjo Wrote:  My nephew is taking me to the Royal North Shore Hospital tomorrow where they will discuss all the side effects and risks involved in this trial. Of which I have learned are many. Including death. Quite the side effect! Smile

lol, I remember being in the processing line deploying to Desert Storm about three hundred years ago. The Air Force ran us through this, get your shots updated, make sure your will is current, do you have life insurance?, all that crap. At one point, because Iraq had a history of CW use, we got a ten-minute briefing on the possible gases we might expect to face, during which they gave us pamphlets. Under both Sarin and Tabun, "death" was listed as a side-effect. I remember reading that and thinking, motherfucker, that's the whole taco, there.

I ain't a praying guy at all, but I'm thinking of you and hoping that the good guys win one too.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post