I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
28-06-2015, 12:55 AM
RE: I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.
(27-06-2015 09:05 PM)Banjo Wrote:  You know it has been 25 years since we were together and we remain the very best of friends to this day. (It is like that with all my ex girlfriends)

This is the mark of a good man.

(27-06-2015 09:05 PM)Banjo Wrote:  [Image: 2015-06-28%2011.55.23_zps0ftrts1a.jpg]

Damn, dude, batting out of your league there!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
28-06-2015, 12:56 AM
(28-06-2015 12:53 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(27-06-2015 05:29 PM)Banjo Wrote:  My nephew is taking me to the Royal North Shore Hospital tomorrow where they will discuss all the side effects and risks involved in this trial. Of which I have learned are many. Including death. Quite the side effect! Smile

lol, I remember being in the processing line deploying to Desert Storm about three hundred years ago. The Air Force ran us through this, get your sho supdated, make sure your will is current, do you have life insurance?, all that crap. At one point, because Iraq had a history of CW use, we got a ten-minute briefing on the possible gases we might expect to face, during which they gave us pamphlets. Under both Sarin and Tabun, "death" was listed as a side-effect. I remember reading that and thinking, motherfucker, that's the whole taco, there.

I ain't a praying guy at all, but I'm thinking of you and hoping that the good guys win one too.

Ha ha that's amazing! Big Grin

Thanks mate. Means a lot. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
28-06-2015, 12:57 AM
(28-06-2015 12:55 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(27-06-2015 09:05 PM)Banjo Wrote:  You know it has been 25 years since we were together and we remain the very best of friends to this day. (It is like that with all my ex girlfriends)

This is the mark of a good man.

(27-06-2015 09:05 PM)Banjo Wrote:  [Image: 2015-06-28%2011.55.23_zps0ftrts1a.jpg]

Damn, dude, batting out of your league there!

You got that right. Mind you after fracturing my spine my body turned to shit. My face was already there. The body just caught up. Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
28-06-2015, 01:20 AM
I hear you, when it comes to looks I'm good at stamp-collecting.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
28-06-2015, 08:14 AM
(28-06-2015 12:34 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Better to die on one's feet than to live on one's knees!

You betcha!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
28-06-2015, 09:13 PM (This post was last modified: 29-06-2015 01:35 AM by Banjo.)
Cheers guys.

Well I have just returned from the new hospital. They took a lot of blood. About 10 large vials. I am feeling a bit woozy. My nephew helped me get inside so I did not fall over.

My chances of getting on the trial are 2 in 3. So not bad. If I do not get on the test it will be back to regular chemo, which this doctor agrees may at an extreme give me another year.

The trial comes with many dangers, but as I said I am willing to undergo the treatment. I just want to live longer, to be honest. A year is not bad but I'd prefer more.

Last night when replying to the quote thread I dug up my old worn out copy of Marcus Aurelius' book. Being a bit dull it did not occur to me to just google it. So when speaking to the doctor and he was telling me about life expectancy etc I again thought of Marcus' attitude to death, and so just googled this passage.

"Death is a release from the impressions of the senses, and from desires that make us their puppets, and from the vagaries of the mind, and from the hard service of the flesh."
Marcus Aurelius

I also learned why my brain is acting so slowly. It is the chemo. The doctor called it "Chemo brain" and apparently it is quite normal.

This week they will perform a lumbar puncture and a bone marrow biopsy. Both of which I have had many times. So they are nothing new to me.

The new hospital is a new hospital. Compared to poor old 150 year old RPA there is a world of difference. All the staff were very nice and kind. Just as I have learned to expect from medical professionals.

I will likely be admitted next week for up to 4 weeks. When released I will have to wear a pouch that continues the infusion, which is constant. It will make for interesting showers!

And that dear friends is the story thus far. Smile

Banjo.
28-06-2015, 09:26 PM
(28-06-2015 09:13 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Cheers guys.

Well I have just returned from the new hospital. They took a lot of blood. About 10 large vials. I am feeling a bit woozy. My nephew helped me get inside so I did not fall over.

My chances of getting on the trial are 2 in 3. So not bad. If I do get on the test it will be back to regular chemo, which this doctor agrees may at an extreme give me another year.

The trial comes with many dangers, but as I said I am willing to undergo the treatment. I just want to live longer, to be honest. A year is not bad but I'd prefer more.

Last night when replying to the quote thread I dug up my old worn out copy of Marcus Aurelius' book. Being a bit dull it did not occur to me to just google it. So when speaking to the doctor and he was telling me about life expectancy etc I again thought of Marcus' attitude to death, and so just googled this passage.

"Death is a release from the impressions of the senses, and from desires that make us their puppets, and from the vagaries of the mind, and from the hard service of the flesh."
Marcus Aurelius

I also learned why my brain is acting so slowly. It is the chemo. The doctor called it "Chemo brain" and apparently it is quite normal.

This week they will perform a lumbar puncture and a bone marrow biopsy. Both of which I have had many times. So they are nothing new to me.

The new hospital is a new hospital. Compared to poor old 150 year old RPA there is a world of difference. All the staff were very nice and kind. Just as I have learned to expect from medical professionals.

I will likely be admitted next week for up to 4 weeks. When released I will have to wear a pouch that continues the infusion, which is constant. It will make for interesting showers!

And that dear friends is the story thus far. Smile

Thank you for the update! Keep us posted on your progress.

I didn't have chemo, I declined it. But I did attend a breast cancer support group for a while and the term 'chemo brain' was one I heard a lot.

I noted one night at a meeting that we were all sitting around the table talking in a language that none of us wanted to know, none of us set out to learn, but that we all had a crash course in it. The whole cancer thing is like entering some parallel universe that you are trying to find your way out of.

Get some rest.
A

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
28-06-2015, 09:38 PM
Thanks Anjele.
I hope you enjoyed your birthday. I thought about you a lot yesterday and was hoping you were well and enjoying yourself.

I am really woozy and am on my huge couch. I now have skype! Just sent a message, a video message (very 21st century) to a dear friend in the States. We always seem to miss each other.

My nephew bought me a coffee and a chicken sandwich. I have no idea what became of the coffee???

Oh well I probably should not post now. I feel like I am really drunk. The doctor asked "Do you take drugs?" I said yeah, cancer drugs. About 12 tablets a day. That was funny. Or at least seemed so at the time. The doctor checked my reflexes, which are virtually gone now. The last chemo wiped the bloody things out. He kept hitting me with a hammer! Big Grin

Classic.

I am still gutted Chris Squire died. I loved Yes as a young drummer learning to play styles like jazz and progressive rock. Thank fuck I mastered that shit years ago.

Um what else, I still have Thai in the fridge from last night so only have to microwave tonight. No cooking. Smile

And there you have it. Anyone wants my skype address just PM me. Although my place is a bit of a mess and I now sleep on the couch where I sit. More comfy than my bed.

Now I am going to watch some feathered dinosaurs! Smile

Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
29-06-2015, 01:21 AM
Keep us posted bro, you're doin' good Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
29-06-2015, 01:33 AM
(29-06-2015 01:21 AM)morondog Wrote:  Keep us posted bro, you're doin' good Smile

Thanks mate. I am now onto episodes 4 5 and 6 of the dinosaur documentary I found on youtube. John Hurt narrates!!!

Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post