I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
30-06-2015, 10:04 PM
RE: I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.
Lol love the pic of you and your nephew! Mmmm Thai food! I want some!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
30-06-2015, 10:09 PM
(30-06-2015 09:53 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I hadn't heard this. God damn it, I tune in to this thread for good news, not bad ... m'boy was the heart and soul of Yes. Heartbreaking news.

Odd to read that Yes will play on 7 Aug without him. That just doesn't seem right.

Sadly I am unable to go outside as I am too weak.

Just heard from the hospital and tomorrow I am booked for a bone marrow biopsy at 11 am. I told the woman I am a bit wonky and she seemed concerned. Whether I go to the ED today or not, tomorrow I will be in a hospital and they can assess me.

So sorry you had to learn the new of Chris' passing from me. I gather from Bruford that many Yes members wasted their millions and have to keep playing in order to support their lifestyle. ABWH sounded great with Jeff Berlin on bass. And with Jon gone those harmonies are lost anyway.

Damned shame. 67 and killed by leukeamia. Shithouse disease. He likely died in his sleep from an infection. This is how it goes with this disease. Sad

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
30-06-2015, 10:14 PM (This post was last modified: 30-06-2015 11:53 PM by Banjo.)
(30-06-2015 10:04 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Lol love the pic of you and your nephew! Mmmm Thai food! I want some!

Thanks Jenny. I love him so much and he has been a rock during this time. Really there is just my brother, my nephew and I. dad lives hundreds of kilometers away. My niece is too young and I hardly know my sister in law. Although she is awesome. Their courtship took place in New Zealand and I met her only after they were married in Thailand.

One never knows where on the planet my brother is or will be.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
30-06-2015, 10:44 PM
Your nephew sounds like a wonderful person. What a great person to have for support!

I'm usually up all weird hours---so if you're bored or feeling lonely, feel free to pm me anytime if you feel like talking. Smile

*Just realized that kinda sounded like a phone sex ad lol

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
30-06-2015, 10:50 PM
(30-06-2015 10:44 PM)jennybee Wrote:  *Just realized that kinda sounded like a phone sex ad lol

I got one of those yesterday on Skype! I only just got Skype and received a friend request from someone I thought I knew either from here or FB.

The next thing I know she is messaging me how she wants to take her clothes off and she is just out of college! I am sitting here thinking WTH is going on???

So I ask "How do I know you?" She says go here, and I click and it is some sex type thing. I told her "I am a 51 year old cancer patient and am not into this." I then blocked her. Asked my brother and a friend in the US and they told me it is very common. Always check the identity before allowing.

Nishi in Denmark sent a request. I will learn the timezones there and when I feel a bit better will give him a call. He seems a nice bloke.

Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
30-06-2015, 11:46 PM
(30-06-2015 10:50 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(30-06-2015 10:44 PM)jennybee Wrote:  *Just realized that kinda sounded like a phone sex ad lol

I got one of those yesterday on Skype! I only just got Skype and received a friend request from someone I thought I knew either from here or FB.

The next thing I know she is messaging me how she wants to take her clothes off and she is just out of college! I am sitting here thinking WTH is going on???

So I ask "How do I know you?" She says go here, and I click and it is some sex type thing. I told her "I am a 51 year old cancer patient and am not into this." I then blocked her. Asked my brother and a friend in the US and they told me it is very common. Always check the identity before allowing.

Nishi in Denmark sent a request. I will learn the timezones there and when I feel a bit better will give him a call. He seems a nice bloke.
lOl I had one of those too. When the person added me I asked who he/she was and got no response in months. Then one day. . . some activity. one of the absolute first things she asked for was my gender and age. That some some alarm bells ringing. A few posts after that she started to tell about this friend she had who had gotten her into doing shows online. And lucky me I could get a free pass to her if just i gave her a high review score. I said no thanks and blocked her.

The next one got blocked as soon as she asked for my gender and age

Aaaand the next one after her I just didn't add.

I would recommend you not to open random links people send you mate. Thats just asking to get infected.
[+] 2 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
30-06-2015, 11:48 PM
(30-06-2015 10:50 PM)Banjo Wrote:  

Oh And Skype claims it's almost four in the afternoon where you are. So I'm eight hours behind you. (^_^)
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
30-06-2015, 11:50 PM
(30-06-2015 11:46 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(30-06-2015 10:50 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I got one of those yesterday on Skype! I only just got Skype and received a friend request from someone I thought I knew either from here or FB.

lOl I had one of those too. When the person added me I asked who he/she was and got no response in months. Then one day. . . some activity. one of the absolute first things she asked for was my gender and age. That some some alarm bells ringing. A few posts after that she started to tell about this friend she had who had gotten her into doing shows online. And lucky me I could get a free pass to her if just i gave her a high review score. I said no thanks and blocked her.

The next one got blocked as soon as she asked for my gender and age

Aaaand the next one after her I just didn't add.

I would recommend you not to open random links people send you mate. Thats just asking to get infected.

Noted. Many thanks. Smile

Banjo.
30-06-2015, 11:51 PM
(30-06-2015 11:48 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(30-06-2015 10:50 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I got one of those yesterday on Skype! I only just got Skype and received a friend request from someone I thought I knew either from here or FB.

Oh And Skype claims it's almost four in the afternoon where you are. So I'm eight hours behind you. (^_^)

3.52 to be exact on Wednesday.

Banjo.
30-06-2015, 11:53 PM
Banjo, I just stumbled across this thread. I'll be praying for you.

KIDDING!

Seriously, I went through several months of beam-radiation after surgery for testicular cancer in 2008... in prison! Nothing near the scale of what you're going through, but I have other medical complications that made everything a lot worse. I will keep you in my thoughts and wish you all the best.

Really that's all prayer is, anyway, when you get right down to it.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post