I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
02-07-2015, 03:14 AM
RE: I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.
Sorry to hear you didn't get in Banjo. I guess you just have to beat the cancer the good old fashioned way then.

I am really happy for this thread. I want all of it. I enjoy the happiness in it with awe and feel a sting of pain when you are having a rough time. But it is life in a nutshell and your rendition of it is well worth following.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
02-07-2015, 03:32 AM
(02-07-2015 02:57 AM)Banjo Wrote:  I am not built that way. I prefer to keep fighting to the end. And I will.

You do that, amigo. If there's a slim chance, then it's a chance. And I'll bet that statistic includes a lot of people who refused to take it lying down.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
02-07-2015, 03:43 AM
(02-07-2015 03:14 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Sorry to hear you didn't get in Banjo. I guess you just have to beat the cancer the good old fashioned way then.

I am really happy for this thread. I want all of it. I enjoy the happiness in it with awe and feel a sting of pain when you are having a rough time. But it is life in a nutshell and your rendition of it is well worth following.

Thanks mate. I am looking forward to talking to you on skype when my mind speeds up a bit. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
02-07-2015, 03:54 AM
(02-07-2015 03:32 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(02-07-2015 02:57 AM)Banjo Wrote:  I am not built that way. I prefer to keep fighting to the end. And I will.

You do that, amigo. If there's a slim chance, then it's a chance. And I'll bet that statistic includes a lot of people who refused to take it lying down.

Yeah mate I bet it does.

Many people, lovely people, have this or another disease. I am only one of millions.

I am worried about Taso and my nephew. Mark will take it hard if I pass as well. I have seen him suffer loss and he feels it deeply.

Apparently I can reapply for the trial at a later stage. Where there is life there is hope.

Unsure what to tell my dad. Or rather, how to tell him. He already knows with regular chemo I was told I would be lucky to see out the year. I guess I will just be honest and tell him straight.

Doctors are not always right anyway.

Strange day. I think I will have an apple! Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
02-07-2015, 03:54 AM
(02-07-2015 03:43 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(02-07-2015 03:14 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Sorry to hear you didn't get in Banjo. I guess you just have to beat the cancer the good old fashioned way then.

Thanks mate. I am looking forward to talking to you on skype when my mind speeds up a bit. Smile
And I hope I'm awake so my mind is fairly functioning too. (^_^)
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
02-07-2015, 04:04 AM
(02-07-2015 03:54 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  And I hope I'm awake so my mind is fairly functioning too. (^_^)

Denmark is 8 hours behind Australia. I promise I wont call at 4 am. Wink

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
02-07-2015, 04:47 AM
My neighbour has bone cancer and has gone into remission twice now. But unfortunately it has come back and seems pretty determined this time. It so sad, I love my neighbour she is a lovely woman and I love living next door to her as I have done for 15 years. But like you Banjo she's not about to give up and more or less said the same thing as you, "if there's a small percentage of another remission then it's worth going for it because 5% is not 0%."

XO

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
[+] 2 users Like Eva's post
02-07-2015, 05:04 AM
(02-07-2015 04:47 AM)Eva Wrote:  My neighbour has bone cancer and has gone into remission twice now. But unfortunately it has come back and seems pretty determined this time. It so sad, I love my neighbour she is a lovely woman and I love living next door to her as I have done for 15 years. But like you Banjo she's not about to give up and more or less said the same thing as you, "if there's a small percentage of another remission then it's worth going for it because 5% is not 0%."

XO

Thanks Eva.

My best wishes to your neighbour. Please give her my best, Smile

Banjo.
02-07-2015, 05:06 AM
(02-07-2015 05:04 AM)Banjo Wrote:  My best wishes to your neighbour. Please give her my best, Smile

Will do Banjo.

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
[+] 1 user Likes Eva's post
02-07-2015, 09:49 AM
Sorry to hear of the refusal, Banjy ... but I'll bet that dogged determination will help you out in your fight. I know it did my ex-; at one point she was told "you've got four to six months". She finally got angry at the disease, and she's still alive, twelve years on.

We want to be able to tell the same story with you, brotha.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post