I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
29-05-2015, 11:53 AM
RE: I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.
Wow, thank you guys, you are so very kind.

I too understand the concern over multiple cancers. At present there is a growth behind my right eye. Since January it has grown 2 mm and is now 1 1/2 centimeters in diameter. It is so far behind the eye, doctors do not know how to deal with it. We shall see.

At this point I am simply happy to be here. I had the conversation in which I was told I had just 6 to 8 weeks to live. Over the phone. Quite a moment. It is funny, I became more concerned with my loved ones more than myself. Keeping them calm became uppermost in my mind. Seemed common amongst those I came to know on the ward where I lived for so long.

Due to the chemo I was on, I have suffered many side effects. Numb hands and feet, organen damage etc. However that is better than the alternative.

Thank you all again for your kind words. I am really glad to be here.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-05-2015, 11:58 AM
Hiya bud. I don't know you, being pretty new here, but I send my best wishes for a complete recovery.

My son's mom has fought a running battle with cancer lasting more than a decade -- two recurrences -- and I know it can be a brutal disease. You've got the most important asset though, it sounds like: attitude.

Good luck.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
29-05-2015, 12:29 PM (This post was last modified: 29-05-2015 12:32 PM by Banjo.)
Thanks Thumpalumpacus.

My attitude is simply one of trust. I placed myself into the hands of my amazing team, did everything they asked, and held on tight. As I have no religion to fall back on, life was everything. I feel I have a better understanding of the religious than before. Indeed, I watched an orthodox Greek give up because he became happy to be with Jesus. He is dead now. I, the atheist, remain alive. Religion may add comfort, but it also provides a reason to give in.

Death as à prospect for me was not frightening. It was simply sad. I worried over the things I would miss. Such as my niece growing up. Indeed, I owe my life to à two year old girl I refused to leave.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
29-05-2015, 12:32 PM
Holy horseshit!! Damn fine to see you Banjo!!!!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
29-05-2015, 12:35 PM
(29-05-2015 12:32 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Holy horseshit!! Damn fine to see you Banjo!!!!

Thanks mate. Smile

Banjo.
29-05-2015, 12:48 PM
Banjo. Hug

I figured you went walkabout. It's so wonderful to see you again.

To life! Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
29-05-2015, 12:50 PM
To life indeed.

Thanks Kim. Smile

Banjo.
29-05-2015, 02:00 PM
(29-05-2015 05:25 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Hello everyone.
When last I was here an aggressive cancer had taken control of me and I could barely think straight and ended up spending many many months in hospital.

It was thought I would not survive and I was placed on the most dangerous chemo regimen a human could take. I came very close to death on a few occasions but refused to let go. In part I believe because I am an atheist. Seeing as I don't look forward to an after life, I refused to let go of this one.

I am home now. I still have 18 months of chemo to go. The doctors are amazed I am still alive and always congradulate me, but caution me to remain vigilant.

Very kind members have left messages of support I have yet to respond to. I will respond tomorrow after I sleep.

Thank you for the support in the past. Cancer had affected my brain and often I was barely rational. I appreciate the patience you showed.

Rest easy, welcome back.

I love this sentence..."Seeing as I don't look forward to an after life, I refused to let go of this one." very empowering.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
29-05-2015, 03:40 PM
Like I said in Pm I cried when I heard from you!

You've never been far from my thoughts. Smile

Heart

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
29-05-2015, 03:52 PM
So glad your back! Hug Many warm thoughts are being sent your way. Medical science is making so many strides these days. It's amazing.

Always know that there are many here on the forum cheering you on. Heart

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post