I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
14-07-2015, 11:55 PM (This post was last modified: 15-07-2015 12:02 AM by Banjo.)
RE: I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.
Thanks again guys.

Please forgive my delay. Things became quite busy. Smile

My room mate is a very nice old lady, Evelyn. We had a nice chat. My main goal was to make sure she was comfortable sharing with a middle aged man. She lossened up and told me of her problems. She has been here a while, and I was able to understand. She is nice and I think she is comfortable sharing with me.

Then the assistant to my specialit, M, came by. She is loads of fun. Her husband is a musician so she understands. Apparently I am known to her husband through his drummer or something. So we had a great chat. She was asking about my childhood. I think there has been talk between these new doctors and my old group from the other hospital. They always have questions about how I grew up and how on earth did I break bones 29 times. Big Grin

Anyway she and I could have talked all night. Again I am astounded with the medical professionals I am lucky enough to find. Amazing people.

Tomorrow will be a big day. The morning begins with a lumbar puncture. Following that I will have a new picc line inserted. This will differ from the last, each of which were inserted through my arm. This time it will be a new type, known as a power picc. Which is inserted through the chest.

I should know on Friday if I have made the trial. If not I will get the usual chemo treatment. Sadly in my case it is not a great choice. So I will keep everything crossed.

That is where In am at now. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Banjo's post
15-07-2015, 12:40 AM
(14-07-2015 11:55 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Anyway she and I could have talked all night. Again I am astounded with the medical professionals I am lucky enough to find. Amazing people.

You attract amazing people because you're amazing.

I'm glad you're getting along with your roommate, but I am rather surprised that they put you with a woman. Smile

More hugs..and love too.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
15-07-2015, 12:50 AM
You're too kind.

I was also surprised. I think beds are at a premium right now. Evelyn's nice though. She's had a rough time of it. I am concerned for her.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
15-07-2015, 02:58 AM
Got everything crossed for you bro you might get a headache for a while after the lumber puncture depending on how much cerebrospinal fluid they take off but it shouldn't last too long. What instruments do you play ? I sing bass quite well and my soon to be ex father in law is one of the most famous music producers in Britain so music has been a huge part of my life too. Even though I don't know you that well Dale you are a true inspiration to me I really hope you get the trial medication and that its side effect profile is minimal
[+] 3 users Like adey67's post
15-07-2015, 03:34 AM (This post was last modified: 15-07-2015 03:42 AM by Banjo.)
(15-07-2015 02:58 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Got everything crossed for you bro you might get a headache for a while after the lumber puncture depending on how much cerebrospinal fluid they take off but it shouldn't last too long. What instruments do you play ? I sing bass quite well and my soon to be ex father in law is one of the most famous music producers in Britain so music has been a huge part of my life too. Even though I don't know you that well Dale you are a true inspiration to me I really hope you get the trial medication and that its side effect profile is minimal

Hi mate.
Your are very kind. If I can be an inspiration, then I am glad I can help. To me the real heros are the nurses. I am constantly inspired by them. I think I said it some time ago, but these people affirm life and all that is great and noble about our species. I am just another person who became ill. These people made a life choice to help others.

What instruments do I play? Drumset is my # 1 instrument. I also play all the Brasilian drums and bells, from agogos to zabumba.

I also play Afro Cuban percussion, congas, timbales, bongos etc.

African percussion.

Frame drums from places such as India to the Middle east to Ireland.

And assorted other kinds of percussion. I want to master the kanjira next. I love that drum.

On another note, Evelyn had two blood transfusions and feels much better. I just made her a cup of tea. I am so relieved. I was really worried about her. We only met earlier today but I liked her instantly.

Cheers mate. Dale.

Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
15-07-2015, 03:37 AM (This post was last modified: 15-07-2015 03:49 AM by Banjo.)
Oh and don't worry about the lumbar puncture. I have had many of them maybe 12 or more by now. I am used to them. Smile

Forgot to mention, they inject chemo directly into the spine. It's pretty rough! Big Grin

Banjo.
15-07-2015, 04:21 AM
Ouch chemo in the spine....definitely not nice, I gave up nursing when the grog took hold.... didn't want to kill anyone, but I do miss it I have to say, it runs in the family so to speak. Glad Evelyn is feeling better please send her all best wishes from here in England.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
15-07-2015, 04:28 AM
I just said to her " A friend of mine in England wanted me to give you his best."

She said "Oh how kind. Please thank him for me."

Cheers. Dale Smile

PS. Evelyn is now on her third transfusion.

Banjo.
15-07-2015, 04:31 AM (This post was last modified: 15-07-2015 04:39 AM by Banjo.)
I did notice your were a nurse. Smile

Banjo.
15-07-2015, 04:56 AM
She should be nicely topped up then. My trump card when dealing with JWs at the door was to say I worked intimately with the local blood bank they couldn't get away quickly enough.... just sort of mumbled and then scuttled off it was quite amusing to watch lolz
[+] 3 users Like adey67's post