I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
29-05-2015, 04:45 PM
RE: I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.
Thanks a lot. As I said later in the thread, I watched a Christian become convinced he would meet Jesus and then let go. He was in better shape than me!

(29-05-2015 02:00 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(29-05-2015 05:25 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Hello everyone.
When last I was here an aggressive cancer had taken control of me and I could barely think straight and ended up spending many many months in hospital.

It was thought I would not survive and I was placed on the most dangerous chemo regimen a human could take. I came very close to death on a few occasions but refused to let go. In part I believe because I am an atheist. Seeing as I don't look forward to an after life, I refused to let go of this one.

I am home now. I still have 18 months of chemo to go. The doctors are amazed I am still alive and always congradulate me, but caution me to remain vigilant.

Very kind members have left messages of support I have yet to respond to. I will respond tomorrow after I sleep.

Thank you for the support in the past. Cancer had affected my brain and often I was barely rational. I appreciate the patience you showed.

Rest easy, welcome back.

I love this sentence..."Seeing as I don't look forward to an after life, I refused to let go of this one." very empowering.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
29-05-2015, 04:55 PM (This post was last modified: 29-05-2015 04:58 PM by Banjo.)
(29-05-2015 03:40 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Like I said in Pm I cried when I heard from you!

You've never been far from my thoughts. Smile

Heart

You have always been kind and patient towards me. When I was sick in the beginning and nobody knew what the problem was, when I made some bizzare posts, still you supported me, realizing there was something very wrong.

I too thought of you and hoped I would survive to thank you. One of many reasons I used to hang on.

Words cannot convey my feelings. I would need the eloquence of Shakespeare to even get close. All I have is this. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

With love and respect. Dale.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
29-05-2015, 04:58 PM
(29-05-2015 12:48 PM)kim Wrote:  Banjo. Hug

I figured you went walkabout. It's so wonderful to see you again.

To life! Thumbsup

We figured you was just on walkabout, brother. Didn't realize you was taking the black diamond trail though. Glad to see you back brother. Banjo yet lives!

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
29-05-2015, 05:06 PM
(29-05-2015 04:58 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-05-2015 12:48 PM)kim Wrote:  Banjo. Hug

I figured you went walkabout. It's so wonderful to see you again.

To life! Thumbsup

We figured you was just on walkabout, brother. Didn't realize you was taking the black diamond trail though. Glad to see you back brother. Banjo yet lives!

Hi GirlyMan.
Even though I did not do much walking about I did manage to lose weight. Something I had found difficult. So there was à positive outcome. Smile

I always enjoyed your posts and am pleased I will be able to read more.

Many thanks. Smile

Banjo.
29-05-2015, 05:21 PM
This is a good day! I have wondered many times how and where you were. So glad that you are back here with us! I hate what you have gone through and continue to go through but am glad to hear from you again.

Heart

Just seeing your name back on the forum makes me smile. Smile

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
29-05-2015, 05:23 PM
Yabut...who are you? Consider

Big Grin
As I already told you I am delighted to see you back here!

(29-05-2015 12:29 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Religion may add comfort, but it also provides a reason to give in.

This observation is very eye opening, I had never thought about it like that before.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
29-05-2015, 05:45 PM
Wow! You're back! I did remember you in your absence but I feared the worst. Well done!
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
29-05-2015, 05:45 PM
Anjele your kindness is touching and greatly appreciated. At this point in my life kindnesses have become more meaningful. I'll take all the inspiration I can get and put it to good use. Smile

Full Circle.
It was an eye opening experience being on the ward. I feel it made me a little wiser. I hope it did at least. I need all the wisdom I can get. Smile

Banjo.
29-05-2015, 05:50 PM
(29-05-2015 05:45 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Anjele your kindness is touching and greatly appreciated. At this point in my life kindnesses have become more meaningful. I'll take all the inspiration I can get and put it to good use. Smile

Full Circle.
It was an eye opening experience being on the ward. I feel it made me a little wiser. I hope it did at least. I need all the wisdom I can get. Smile

Welcome back. Long hospital stays are tough. I did nine weeks once - eight months is epic.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
29-05-2015, 05:50 PM
(29-05-2015 05:45 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Wow! You're back! I did remember you in your absence but I feared the worst. Well done!

Thank you Mathilda.
I missed your keen insight and wisdom while away. As I said to GirlyMan, I am pleased to be here to read more of your thoughts.
Many thanks. Dale.

Banjo.