I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
29-05-2015, 06:08 PM (This post was last modified: 29-05-2015 06:13 PM by Banjo.)
RE: I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.
(29-05-2015 05:50 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-05-2015 05:45 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Anjele your kindness is touching and greatly appreciated. At this point in my life kindnesses have become more meaningful. I'll take all the inspiration I can get and put it to good use. Smile

Full Circle.
It was an eye opening experience being on the ward. I feel it made me a little wiser. I hope it did at least. I need all the wisdom I can get. Smile

Welcome back. Long hospital stays are tough. I did nine weeks once - eight months is epic.

Hi Chaz.
Yeah it was a long time. One weekend they let me out. The first day I comically passed out in front of an ambulance. They took me back to hospital. Later that day the let me out!

The next day I collapsed again and was rushed back in another ambulance. After that they would not let me out again.

I even got used to the food!!! Smile

Thanks so much.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-05-2015, 06:36 PM
I got tears in my eyes reading this! So glad you are back.

Now give moms or someone your email or phone number so we can check on you.

Seriously...I am amazed you are here....and at a loss for words.

welcome back! Heart

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
29-05-2015, 06:58 PM (This post was last modified: 29-05-2015 07:03 PM by Banjo.)
(29-05-2015 06:36 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I got tears in my eyes reading this! So glad you are back.

Now give moms or someone your email or phone number so we can check on you.

Seriously...I am amazed you are here....and at a loss for words.

welcome back! Heart

Me too. I came so close....

There were a number of positive outcomes. My brother and I have become closer than ever. My love for humanity was bolstered by the inspirational example of the medical professionals who cared for me. I realised how deep the respect for me is within the drumming community, who visited me week after week..

My body is weak, my drumming has suffered, my muscles attrophied etc. However I am alive and very happy. The chemo has strange side effects. One of which is enhanced emotions. I get teary for no real reason. Weird.

Happy to be amongst such fine people both in those around me and those of you here with me now. I am moved to have had so many kind thoughts offered to me and also à birthday thread. After 8 months lying in a hospital bed, it is hard to describe how you have made me feel. I feel warm, cared for, grateful, happy. So many things. And now the screen is misty.

People can be truly wonderful. As has been displayed here.

Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
29-05-2015, 07:15 PM (This post was last modified: 29-05-2015 07:20 PM by GirlyMan.)
(29-05-2015 05:06 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Hi GirlyMan.
Even though I did not do much walking about I did manage to lose weight. Something I had found difficult. So there was à positive outcome. Smile

I always enjoyed your posts and am pleased I will be able to read more.

Many thanks. Smile

Welcome back, BrotherMan. Let us linger and loiter together for a bit longer.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
29-05-2015, 07:29 PM
(29-05-2015 07:15 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-05-2015 05:06 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Hi GirlyMan.
Even though I did not do much walking about I did manage to lose weight. Something I had found difficult. So there was à positive outcome. Smile

I always enjoyed your posts and am pleased I will be able to read more.

Many thanks. Smile

Welcome back, BrotherMan. Let us linger and loiter together for a bit longer.

Indeed my friend, indeed. Smile

Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
01-06-2015, 08:24 PM
Pleasant surprise isn't a good enough description for how I felt upon seeing your message! More like ecstatic shock! It's great to hear from you. Keep fighting on! Hug

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 1 user Likes Colourcraze's post
01-06-2015, 09:06 PM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2015 09:49 PM by Banjo.)
Thank you Colourcraze!

I learned I was given a 2% chance of survival. I was at the hospital earlier and they told me I am one of the most resilient patients. My bloods were all good today and I feel pretty lucky. Smile

Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
02-06-2015, 01:12 AM
Wow, that's amazing!!! A friend of mine actually beat leukemia himself when he was a teenager. Surviving cancer is no joke. Congratulations!!!
02-06-2015, 01:16 AM
Thanks Crimson.
Chemotherapy has weird effects. Today I am very emotional. I have no real control over it. Weird.

Banjo.
02-06-2015, 10:47 AM
24 years ago I was given two years. Are we just too stubborn to give in? Here's the kicker, sadly, the doctor who made the prediction passed away two years ago and he was 10 yrs younger than me.
[+] 2 users Like Takelababy's post