I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
13-06-2015, 11:07 PM
RE: I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.
Will do. Chemo is affecting me today. I actually went and taught drums for 4 hours. Had to lay on the floor for an hour when done.

Was listening to music on the way home and was so moved I nearly began to cry.... Mainly because I was listening to great drumming that I know I now cannot do!!!!

MUST get it back, must get it back......

I am having a very strange time of it.

Nevertheless I am home now on my comfortable couch. What amazes me is while in hospital my flat is so close I was connected to my home wi fi!!! I sent my last message when I was in ED using this connection.

I live just near Royal Prince Alfred Hospital in Sydney. The staff there are incredible and I love them all. It was thought some months ago when I had a bad infection and was in isolation that I had given up. I hadn't of course but the staff became so incredibly attentive and caring. I kept thinking of this lyric:

people are the main spring
turning the world around
people, they're the main spring
spinning this world upside down

People can be amazing and I chose to see the very best in them. And they lived up to it. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
13-06-2015, 11:11 PM
(13-06-2015 10:55 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(13-06-2015 10:41 PM)Banjo Wrote:  ...
Bloods and platelets are now okay.

Can we say that this is conclusive evidence that not praying and science works?

Thumbsup

Yes! Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
14-06-2015, 04:08 AM
(13-06-2015 11:11 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(13-06-2015 10:55 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Can we say that this is conclusive evidence that not praying and science works?

Thumbsup

Yes! Big Grin

Sorry I may have spoiled the experiment.

I made a human sacrifice to the Aztec sun god Huitzilopochtli using an obsidian blade to tear out a still beating heart.
[+] 6 users Like Mathilda's post
14-06-2015, 04:19 AM
(14-06-2015 04:08 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(13-06-2015 11:11 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Yes! Big Grin

Sorry I may have spoiled the experiment.

I made a human sacrifice to the Aztec sun god Huitzilopochtli using an obsidian blade to tear out a still beating heart.

NICE! Did you eat it?

Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
17-06-2015, 10:44 PM
Hi guys.
When posting the other evening I noticed I was losing sense. Just not clicking, you know. Anyway I went to get chemo today and had bloods taken.....

Long story short, I was rushed in for an emergency bone marrow biopsy. This rushed event happened within 5 minutes of the professor looking at my bloods. They will rush through the results and call me asap.

They wanted to place me back into the ward but it is full and people have been waiting in the emergency department for a bed since last night. I told them as I live close I will just go home. I have to take my temperature every hour and if it spikes must present myself at the ED.

I must confess I am a little concerned because this is how I watched people with my disease die. What happens is their bloods drop, they get night sweats and infections and are moved to isolation and are never seen again. I saw this many times. And I have been having severe night sweats.

I take heart in the fact I am at least 51. I saw a very beautiful young woman in the ward today. She must be all of 22!!! Damn it!

Banjo.
17-06-2015, 11:03 PM
You said it:
Damn it!
Hug

Hugs on you, Banjo. Do not let your blood drop. Not exactly sure what it means but, it seems right to say.

Get some good rest tonight. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
17-06-2015, 11:30 PM
Both my red and white cell counts are at rock bottom.

I have leukemia (blood cancer). A serious kind dangerous to people my age.

I have much to live for and plan to keep fighting it. No matter how often it hides and then returns again!

Thanks Kim. Smile

Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
17-06-2015, 11:36 PM
Ohh. Sad

*Giant bear hug*
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
17-06-2015, 11:38 PM
Keep right on fighting amigo, 'cos that's what you do. You've kicked it in the head once already. So what if it came back for round 2. Kick it in the head again!

Good luck Smile // aka atheist version of prayer. I can't do sweet fuck all for you but... can send you best wishes.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
17-06-2015, 11:40 PM
(17-06-2015 11:36 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Ohh. Sad

*Giant bear hug*

Thanks mate. Smile

Banjo.