I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
14-08-2015, 10:47 AM
RE: I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.
(14-08-2015 01:40 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(14-08-2015 01:08 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  *Big hug*

Damn you and your lovable person. Even the hospital can't let you go.

Thanks mate.

Meanwhile I am working on drum stick technique for that band I am scared to play with next week, So far over three hours today. I just hope I cut it!

Knock 'em dead, brotha. That's the best medicine, right there!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
14-08-2015, 10:50 AM
(14-08-2015 10:16 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Thanks Jenny.

No rehearsal. All charts.

I must remember to drink loads of water to keep my blood pressure up. The last thing I need is to collapse off my drum stool. I collapsed last time I was in hospital. Huh

I once had a stage break under the weight of my kit. Fell right through the stage. I remember watching everybody stop dancing as I disappeared through the floor. And then the band all looking down through the floor. It was during my first ever tour. Bloody funny. But it did hurt.

I've heard of playing dives ... but taking a dive in one? Yikes.
14-08-2015, 10:51 AM
(14-08-2015 10:25 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Now there's a bloody kookaburra going off his head at 2.22 am, and now the other birds have joined in! WTH is going on??? In the trees just outside my flat. There must be a cat or something. Kookaburras are pretty aggressive though. Ha they've woken the poor sod upstairs. He's walking around like the Hulk. "Clomp clomp clomp"

All the birds out my part of the city are snuggled down tight and freezing their tail teathers off. Tongue

Google weather saying it's 3' C here. Yay night shift! Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
14-08-2015, 10:58 AM
It's quiet now and I think the guy upstairs went back to bed. Smile

I am still awake of course. 2.56 am. I think I practiced too late. Tomorrow I am gonna try walking around without my cane. How do you reckon I'll do?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
14-08-2015, 11:08 AM
(14-08-2015 10:58 AM)Banjo Wrote:  It's quiet now and I think the guy upstairs went back to bed. Smile

I am still awake of course. 2.56 am. I think I practiced too late. Tomorrow I am gonna try walking around without my cane. How do you reckon I'll do?

Take it slow and careful mate. Pace yourself. Don't go breaking the four minute mile just yet. Wink
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
14-08-2015, 11:11 AM
(14-08-2015 10:50 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I've heard of playing dives ... but taking a dive in one? Yikes.

Yeah the road manager had screwed up. The huge pub was expecting one guy with a guitar. All of a sudden a huge truck pulls up and the roadies are loading in a pa. In front of the punters playing poker machines! We were a five piece band! Keys, sax, guitar bass and drums. People were bemused. Aside from my mishap, it ended up being a great night. The place was jumping. This was in Woolongong.

What a tour. We actually got sneaked into the Australian institute of sport in Canberra by the Australian womens basketball team.

I got caught in Avalon with a girl by her father! He chased me out and the band was back in Sydney. Cost me a fortune for the taxi back.

And at the end of the tour, the singer who had been in charge of the books and cash said "I lost the books and we've got no money."

It all went up his nose I am sure. So I never got paid for my first tour.

Welcome to Rock n Roll. Big Grin

Even the band van broke down in the dead of a winter's night with the keyboard player and I in T shirts. In Canberra, a freezing shit hole. The Nation's capital.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
14-08-2015, 11:18 AM
(14-08-2015 10:47 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(14-08-2015 01:40 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Thanks mate.

Meanwhile I am working on drum stick technique for that band I am scared to play with next week, So far over three hours today. I just hope I cut it!

Knock 'em dead, brotha. That's the best medicine, right there!

Thanks mate. Smile

Banjo.
14-08-2015, 11:24 AM
(14-08-2015 11:11 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(14-08-2015 10:50 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I've heard of playing dives ... but taking a dive in one? Yikes.

Yeah the road manager had screwed up. The huge pub was expecting one guy with a guitar. All of a sudden a huge truck pulls up and the roadies are loading in a pa. In front of the punters playing poker machines! We were a five piece band! Keys, sax, guitar bass and drums. People were bemused. Aside from my mishap, it ended up being a great night. The place was jumping. This was in Woolongong.

What a tour. We actually got sneaked into the Australian institute of sport in Canberra by the Australian womens basketball team.

I got caught in Avalon with a girl by her father! He chased me out and the band was back in Sydney. Cost me a fortune for the taxi back.

And at the end of the tour, the singer who had been in charge of the books and cash said "I lost the books and we've got no money."

It all went up his nose I am sure. So I never got paid for my first tour.

Welcome to Rock n Roll. Big Grin

Even the band van broke down in the dead of a winter's night with the keyboard player and I in T shirts. In Canberra, a freezing shit hole. The Nation's capital.

lol, I never did tour. Figured it was just as easy to get screwed over by the local bar owners as it was to go looking for a screwing out of town. Smile
14-08-2015, 11:38 AM
(14-08-2015 11:24 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  lol, I never did tour. Figured it was just as easy to get screwed over by the local bar owners as it was to go looking for a screwing out of town. Smile

Well I began my career getting ripped off. But after that I only worked for people mostly and always got paid. Occasionally I joined a band but only if it paid. And I toured for nearly three decades. Made it impossible to have relationships and such. In Melbourne I was fine working 7 nights a week in the city. But after moving to Sydney I ended up doing tours and hardly worked in the city. Except for when I did the occasional session or lectured at the school of audio engineering and worked on radio or TV. Did more live radio in Sydney. Most TV stuff happened in Melbourne.

But when I came off the road I kind of took over all the teaching. So cannot complain. Now of course I am screwed.

Cest la vie.

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
14-08-2015, 11:41 AM
I ended up with some great stories. Wink

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post