I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
17-06-2015, 11:44 PM
RE: I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.
(17-06-2015 11:38 PM)morondog Wrote:  Keep right on fighting amigo, 'cos that's what you do. You've kicked it in the head once already. So what if it came back for round 2. Kick it in the head again!

Good luck Smile // aka atheist version of prayer. I can't do sweet fuck all for you but... can send you best wishes.

Mate I will take best wishes anytime. I admit I am concerned. Kind of a weird feeling this. I have had it a few times. When first told I had 6 to 8 weeks that was just numbing. You know, WTF?

Now I am more used to it, have seen it so often, my concern is deeper.

I mean I ate a whole bag of fruit chews! (A type of candy)

My brother is away in Thailand. My nephew goes away tomorrow. I have no one. I do not wish to burden friends.

I might just order some groceries online! That'll take my mind off it. Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
17-06-2015, 11:45 PM
Keep fightin' Banjo! Hug

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 1 user Likes Colourcraze's post
17-06-2015, 11:48 PM
(17-06-2015 11:45 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  Keep fightin' Banjo! Hug

Will do. I want to hang around a bit longer.

Many thanks.

This shit is very taxing upon one.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
18-06-2015, 12:16 AM
My Dr rang already! I am to present myself at 11 am tomorrow to speak about the results. She refused to tell me over the phone.

Banjo.
18-06-2015, 04:19 PM
Well here I am counting down the 2.45 hours until I speak with my doctor about yesterday's test results.

I had a fitful sleep. The hardest thing now is knowing if I should take loads of underwear with me, my phone charger and some books. Normally it would be easy to do but I am just so physically weak. Carrying it all would be difficult. I have no support at all. Brother is in Thailand, nephew is away. It is just me.

What to do....

Banjo.
18-06-2015, 04:57 PM
Banjo, I've been thinking about you, and man I can't tell you how much I enjoy seeing your posts around here. I hope your appointment goes better than expected. We need more banjo around here Hug

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
18-06-2015, 05:02 PM
(18-06-2015 04:19 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Well here I am counting down the 2.45 hours until I speak with my doctor about yesterday's test results.

I had a fitful sleep. The hardest thing now is knowing if I should take loads of underwear with me, my phone charger and some books. Normally it would be easy to do but I am just so physically weak. Carrying it all would be difficult. I have no support at all. Brother is in Thailand, nephew is away. It is just me.

What to do....

You are in our thoughts and you have us for support. Hug I know you need someone closer, to help you through all of this, a friend or neighbor maybe? There are also caregiver agencies you can contact to help you until your nephew gets back. You are a fighter and you can and will beat this again.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
18-06-2015, 05:20 PM
So, do you have to take Neupogen when your blood levels drop, or something similar? I went through a bad time after my first surgery with really bad anemia...it went un-diagnosed for a time and was awful. I would have to take a two hour nap after taking a bath. I have never been so weak!

My oncologist (also a hematologist) didn't want to give me a transfusion but instead had me take iron and some other supplements as she wanted to make sure my bone marrow was working correctly...it was and the iron helped but there were still issues...my thyroid was thrown for a loop by the two major surgeries so I was still quite weak and miserable about it. I was told I would have to be on Synthroid forever. Well, my stubborn ass didn't buy that. Once I got my strength back, I stopped the iron and then later the Synthroid. I didn't tell my regular doctor. The next blood work showed everything was good and she was there with her pen at the ready to write another prescription - no, no, that won't be necessary, I stopped taking all that three months ago. Tongue

I am here hoping that you hear good things from the doctor. I only battled extreme weakness for a few months - not quite a year - but it drove me mad. I hated being limited. I can only imagine what you must be dealing with...and for all this time. It's your turn for better news and for feeling better.

Hugs and much love.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
18-06-2015, 05:21 PM
(18-06-2015 04:19 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Well here I am counting down the 2.45 hours until I speak with my doctor about yesterday's test results.

What to do....

Pack your stuff into a box/bag/suitcase/whatever and leave it by the door - don't take it with you.

Go to the hospital. If they want you to stay, return home, call a cab, and have the cabbie carry your bag to the car.

Return to hospital.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
18-06-2015, 05:23 PM
(13-06-2015 11:07 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Will do. Chemo is affecting me today. I actually went and taught drums for 4 hours. Had to lay on the floor for an hour when done.

Was listening to music on the way home and was so moved I nearly began to cry.... Mainly because I was listening to great drumming that I know I now cannot do!!!!

MUST get it back, must get it back......

I am having a very strange time of it.

Nevertheless I am home now on my comfortable couch. What amazes me is while in hospital my flat is so close I was connected to my home wi fi!!! I sent my last message when I was in ED using this connection.

I live just near Royal Prince Alfred Hospital in Sydney. The staff there are incredible and I love them all. It was thought some months ago when I had a bad infection and was in isolation that I had given up. I hadn't of course but the staff became so incredibly attentive and caring. I kept thinking of this lyric:

people are the main spring
turning the world around
people, they're the main spring
spinning this world upside down

People can be amazing and I chose to see the very best in them. And they lived up to it. Smile

You'll get it back, brotha. Have no doubt.