I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
17-08-2015, 05:05 PM
RE: I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.
(17-08-2015 04:59 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I am happy to hear you are going to play and that you have been practicing! It's good to try to get back some of your 'normal' in order to keep your head in the right place when dealing with crap that is so 'not normal'.

At the one year mark after my mastectomies I had a breast cancer ribbon tattooed on my arm with the words "Approaching Normal". With the nerve damage I dealt with following surgery I was unable to do even the most mundane things that I had never even thought about before. I couldn't open a bottle with a twist cap, I couldn't sew, I was apt to drop things when trying to cook. Even carrying a glass of tea from the kitchen to the living room was dicey at times. I had to learn to improvise when folding clothes and grocery shopping. I still lift things differently.

Each little step was a little victory that marked my progress. Still not quite 100% but much, much better.

Keep on doing what you are doing...we are here to cheer you on and to applaud (and cry) at every step forward.

Much love!

Thanks Anjele.

I know. And that is why I so selfishly talk so often on this thread. I know I can count on the support of such unselfish and kind people.

I am well aware I ask a lot. I tell my self I am not scared, and I don't really think I am. And yet I post here all the time. But then I am an artiste and it is all about me me me with artists.

Anyway it is just nice to have you all there. Gotta go now. See you all later.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
18-08-2015, 02:13 AM
All the best from mother England Dale, rule Britannia.... ya de ya etc etc.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
18-08-2015, 07:46 AM
Well keep posting, brother. We love hearing the latest, and we do want to know. Don't always feel it's necessary/appropriate to respond here, or might not know what to say, but we're reading.

Keep up the good fight. We need ya.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
18-08-2015, 07:17 PM (This post was last modified: 18-08-2015 07:25 PM by GirlyMan.)
I saw this and thought of you hermano. And by "you" I mean some kid half your age and half your weight and twice as good looking and fit. Kid just needs the hat. Big Grin

Are you responsible for this madness? Did you tutor this kid? Big Grin

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
18-08-2015, 08:27 PM
Banjy, I was driving home listening to Jeff Beck's Wired album when this track came on and again, an ass-kicking drummer made me think of you. Narada Michael Walden really rocks his kit, dig the septuplets on his kickdrums rocking against what I think is a pang cymbal holding down the one, and then cleans it up by switching to a ride for some beautiful polyrhythm, starting at about three minutes into the vid with quintuplets and then just getting more badass:

I don't care for the keys at all doing the weedly-weedly shit, but the ferocious groove makes up for so much. You've probably heard this before, but if you haven't, do enjoy.

Glad you're amped up for your gig, and I can only urge you to go out and knock 'em dead. Smile
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
18-08-2015, 08:39 PM
Things have not gone according to plan and they wont let me go home. The drugs made me lose my minder last night and In fell over and got very ill. Do not have phone charger. This can be only post until it arrives. I may bed in hospital à long time. I hope not. I reactie badly to this drug. This is through first time In have fealt so defeated. But I will try. wish me luck.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
18-08-2015, 08:40 PM
Heart Banjo Hug
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
18-08-2015, 08:44 PM
(18-08-2015 08:39 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Things have not gone according to plan and they wont let me go home. The drugs made me lose my minder last night and In fell over and got very ill. Do not have phone charger. This can be only post until it arrives. I may bed in hospital à long time. I hope not. I reactie badly to this drug. This is through first time In have fealt so defeated. But I will try. wish me luck.

You got through it before...I know you can again.

We are here when you are ready and able.

Much love.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
18-08-2015, 09:23 PM
(18-08-2015 08:39 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Things have not gone according to plan and they wont let me go home. The drugs made me lose my minder last night and In fell over and got very ill. Do not have phone charger. This can be only post until it arrives. I may bed in hospital à long time. I hope not. I reactie badly to this drug. This is through first time In have fealt so defeated. But I will try. wish me luck.

Send an addy, I'll send you a charger.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
18-08-2015, 09:57 PM (This post was last modified: 18-08-2015 10:02 PM by GirlyMan.)
[Image: jesussumo.jpg]

Sumo that shit, Banjo.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post