I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
22-08-2015, 06:12 PM
RE: I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.
(22-08-2015 03:28 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Thanks mate. I did spend most of the night trying not to screw up. But everyone was really nice and Andrew had told them I'd been ill. So it was okay. We played for 3 hours, which was plenty.

I feel sure that you underestimate yourself. Glad you played! Progress is being made. Smile

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-08-2015, 06:27 PM
(22-08-2015 06:12 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(22-08-2015 03:28 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Thanks mate. I did spend most of the night trying not to screw up. But everyone was really nice and Andrew had told them I'd been ill. So it was okay. We played for 3 hours, which was plenty.

I feel sure that you underestimate yourself. Glad you played! Progress is being made. Smile

I just got off the phone with Taso's dad. He said "What do you expect? You've been in hospital going through all kinds of trauma. Mate your body suffers after one week, let alone a year!"

I think you're right Anjele. I'm my own worst enemy most of the time.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
22-08-2015, 08:26 PM (This post was last modified: 22-08-2015 08:33 PM by GirlyMan.)
(22-08-2015 06:27 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I just got off the phone with Taso's dad. He said "What do you expect? You've been in hospital going through all kinds of trauma. Mate your body suffers after one week, let alone a year!"

I think the jammin' will help you if you don't overdo it.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-08-2015, 08:30 PM
(22-08-2015 08:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-08-2015 06:27 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I just got off the phone with Taso's dad. He said "What do you expect? You've been in hospital going through all kinds of trauma. Mate your body suffers after one week, let alone a year!"

I think the jammin' will help you if you don't overdo it.

Yeah. Can't expect too much.

I wonder if my career is over though?

There's a drummer named Mark Schulman. Great player who plays with Pink. He's a cancer survivor.

My priority should be surviving though I suppose. I've not yet moved into the survivor category. Live first, then worry about your damn career!

Thanks GM!

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
22-08-2015, 08:33 PM
(22-08-2015 08:30 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(22-08-2015 08:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I think the jammin' will help you if you don't overdo it.

Yeah. Can't expect too much.

I wonder if my career is over though?

There's a drummer named Mark Schulman. Great player who plays with Pink. He's a cancer survivor.

My priority should be surviving though I suppose. I've not yet moved into the survivor category. Live first, then worry about your damn career!

Thanks GM!

It will come back once you are better. It's just a bit taxing for you right now.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
22-08-2015, 08:34 PM
(22-08-2015 08:33 PM)Dom Wrote:  It will come back once you are better. It's just a bit taxing for you right now.

More than likely. Thanks Dom. Smile

Banjo.
22-08-2015, 08:40 PM (This post was last modified: 22-08-2015 08:49 PM by GirlyMan.)
(22-08-2015 08:30 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I wonder if my career is over though?

Beethoven moved to Vienna in 1792 and began studying with Haydn, quickly gaining a reputation as a virtuoso pianist. He lived in Vienna until his death. In about 1800, his hearing began to deteriorate, and by the last decade of his life, he was almost totally deaf. He gave up conducting and performing in public but continued to compose; many of his most admired works come from this period. Your career may just be starting brother.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-08-2015, 08:48 PM
(22-08-2015 08:40 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-08-2015 08:30 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I wonder if my career is over though?

Beethoven moved to Vienna in 1792 and began studying with Haydn, quickly gaining a reputation as a virtuoso pianist. He lived in Vienna until his death. In about 1800, his hearing began to deteriorate, and by the last decade of his life, he was almost totally deaf. He gave up conducting and performing in public but continued to compose; many of his most admired works come from this period. Hobo

I know. I wont give up. But I'm a player not a composer. Anyway, must get well first otherwise it is all meaningless anyway. Crawl, then walk then run.

Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
22-08-2015, 08:51 PM
It's good to have something you are passionate about to keep you going even when you think you can't. I always wanted to go to college and for various reasons didn't get there till June of 2009. I was loving it! The end of September I was diagnosed. FUCK! After I got my breath back when the doctor told me, I was pissed. Are you kidding me - I am finally in college and now this?!?!?!? Damn, I was mad.

I had the mastectomies the end of October and missed just two weeks of school but I was nearly knee-crawling to get to classes for the next two months...good grief. So, for a while, I switched to online classes. After a while I took a class online and one in the classroom and finally worked my way back to attending classes in person.

My biggest regret was having to change majors. I wanted, since I was a teen, to be a sign language interpreter. Nerve damage from two surgeries five months apart meant that I wouldn't be able to sign in a manner anyone would understand. My arms were often spastic and my hands often either numb or clenched into a claw. So off to something that interested me - Criminal Justice.

I swear it was school that kept me going. I am disappointed that I didn't get better grades but I did the best I could considering the circumstances and still got an Associates and graduated Cum Laude.

When you have something you are passionate about it can be the best medicine.

Had I not been in school I may well have just given up. It was truly what kept me going. You will play again...better than you used to. For now, you have to do the best you can and stay determined that you will be able to get back to where you were, or better.

I have faith in your strength and in your passion for your craft. Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
22-08-2015, 08:54 PM
Thanks Anjelle.

And well done to you! Thumbsup

Banjo.