I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
27-08-2015, 01:47 AM
RE: I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.
(26-08-2015 10:25 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Trying to get my internet fixed now. Bloody thing keeps dropping out.

Internet working consistently in Australia? Surely you jest!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
27-08-2015, 04:32 AM
(27-08-2015 01:47 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(26-08-2015 10:25 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Trying to get my internet fixed now. Bloody thing keeps dropping out.

Internet working consistently in Australia? Surely you jest!

Sadly no. Because I am sick they have to send a tech within 24 hours. He is due in the morning. Apparently it is the law.

Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
27-08-2015, 10:00 AM
(22-08-2015 03:28 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Thanks mate. I did spend most of the night trying not to screw up. But everyone was really nice and Andrew had told them I'd been ill. So it was okay. We played for 3 hours, which was plenty.

It's great that you got out and played a little. Skills will definitely atrophy without regular practice. One thing I do when I can't play a guitar for a while is I still imagine the fingerings/chordings etc to the music I'm listening to (assuming I know it), running through the song in my head as it plays. It helps a little.
27-08-2015, 10:06 AM
(24-08-2015 04:52 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Well today is a bad day. I have awoken to the feeling of the cancer being all consuming. I could feel it coming on yesterday and did all I could to avoid it. but it was too hard. it took me two hours to turn off a light. i simply did not have the energy to get up and do it.

Today I must go to the hospital. That wont be easy. I must shower and dress. Twos tasks that seem normal but to me are anything but. I am sitting on the edge of my couch/bed and the sheets are soaked from the night sweats that go with this disease. I have been trying to stand but have not been able to.

I keep picturing my niece and nephew. It is my nephew's birthday tomorrow and he wants to go out for dinner. I just hope I can accompany him. He is in Sydney for the one day only then flies back to Brisbane the following morning.

It is now day 7 since they injected chemo directly into my spine. There is usually a 10 day cycle. It gets worse as the days progress. Day 10 being the worst.

I don't usually feel sorry for myself but I am kind of over it. If I just died things would be easier for everyone. They could get on with their lives and

But that is no way to think and I must remain positive.

Some days it is just hard. You know?

Some days are going to be a harder slog than others, you know that. If you "just died" things wouldn't be easier for everyone, either. You're talking nonsense right now.

Hang in there, brotha. Much love --
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
27-08-2015, 11:03 AM
(25-08-2015 06:40 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Hi guys.
Was just contacted by the hospital. It looks like I may beat this thing. They are very happy with me. This new drug and my positive attitude seem to be working.

GO SCIENCE!

I am not there yet. Again I am to be admitted to hospital next week. They will do all they must. And I will fight on!

I may yet get to see my niece grow up. That's all I want. And my nephew become successful in his film career. And my brother continue to expand his worldwide production company. And get my career back. And master the riq, and.......

I don't ask much surely! Big Grin

Of course I am still in the throes of last weeks huge dose of chemo into my spine. Plus all the pills. (I should take a photo of all the boxes one day) They can make me a little crazy at times and I am thankful to all who put up with me.

Thanks for being here when I have needed you. Dale

[Image: m90p49.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
27-08-2015, 05:13 PM
Thanks mate.

I think you are right about thinking about playing. Once you have it in your mind it often then helps to have it in your body.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
28-08-2015, 09:03 AM
Hey guys.
Well it's getting kind of late and I just wanted to say goodnight. So here's my ugly mug at 1.01 am. I'm a bit out of it after taking all the med's earlier. Big Grin

Goodnight!

[Image: 8e1240de-f322-454d-a32e-99a7cdd4dc8b_zpsk53bydoo.jpg]

Banjo.
[+] 7 users Like Banjo's post
28-08-2015, 09:31 AM
Banjo,

I sincerely hope that your road to recovery is a smooth one. There's one gal in Florida who's rooting for you. =) Hug
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
28-08-2015, 09:51 AM
(28-08-2015 09:03 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Hey guys.
Well it's getting kind of late and I just wanted to say goodnight. So here's my ugly mug at 1.01 am. I'm a bit out of it after taking all the med's earlier. Big Grin

Goodnight!

[Image: 8e1240de-f322-454d-a32e-99a7cdd4dc8b_zpsk53bydoo.jpg]

Lookin' good, Banjo! Wink

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
28-08-2015, 01:42 PM
Hey Banjo, lookin good. You've still got your hair......I mean, you didn't loose it with the chemo drugs.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post