I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
10-08-2015, 10:48 AM
RE: I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.
You guys do look great! I'm glad you guys were able to spend some time together Smile

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2015, 07:33 PM
(09-08-2015 10:41 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(07-08-2015 02:16 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Hang in there mate sounds like your having a rough day or two but remember we are all rooting for you. You have inspired me to quit smoking btw and whenever I feel like a cigarette I think of you and no bullshit, it really does help.

I saw a number of people lose the fight with lung cancer. It is not pretty. I actually had a lengthy conversation about it with a doctor. He said, and I quote directly. "Lung cancer is a nasty business. This is why we doctors hate smoking!".

It is a cut throat form of cancer and it kills very fast. In fact while I was in hospital my mate John R. died of lung cancer, six weeks after diagnosis!

He was a great drum maker and made two snare drums for me for my student, Taso.

A great loss.

I recently lost a friend on another forum to lung cancer, and about the same span between diagnosis and death.

RIP, Buzzy.
10-08-2015, 08:02 PM
(09-08-2015 10:48 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Well sorry for three posts in a row.

But I met Peebothuhul today!

What a fine gent he is. He took me all the way to the hospital on the north side of the bridge and dropped me off. Then he waited and brought me home again!!!

And today I needed a hand. Very weak, underwent a bunch of tests and had many needles. All this took time. And he waited patiently. I am gobsmacked at his kindness. And very very grateful.

Three cheers for Peebothuhul!!! Smile

Of course I am talking while taking the pic. Confused

[Image: 2015-08-10%2013.57.32_zpsmcwh6mnl.jpg]

You guys make a great pair of mates! So glad you could meet!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
10-08-2015, 09:39 PM
(10-08-2015 06:00 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(10-08-2015 12:08 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Blush T'weren't nuthin'.

Glad to help when I can.

Indeed.

After all, lending aid to a mate when possible is any good Australian's civil duty. You dun good.

Indeed.

(10-08-2015 10:42 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  Things like this restore my faith in humanity.

ThumbsupThumbsup

Thanks Thinkerbelle. Smile

(10-08-2015 10:48 AM)jennybee Wrote:  You guys do look great! I'm glad you guys were able to spend some time together Smile

Thanks Jenny!

(10-08-2015 06:26 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  [sarcasm]This makes no sense. Atheists are immoral, horrible people, and without God we have no reason to be good to one another![/sarcasm]

Glad you got the help you needed, Banjo!

High five to you, Peebo. Smile

Y'all look great.

Thanks mate. Smile

(10-08-2015 07:33 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(09-08-2015 10:41 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I saw a number of people lose the fight with lung cancer. It is not pretty. I actually had a lengthy conversation about it with a doctor. He said, and I quote directly. "Lung cancer is a nasty business. This is why we doctors hate smoking!".

It is a cut throat form of cancer and it kills very fast. In fact while I was in hospital my mate John R. died of lung cancer, six weeks after diagnosis!

He was a great drum maker and made two snare drums for me for my student, Taso.

A great loss.

I recently lost a friend on another forum to lung cancer, and about the same span between diagnosis and death.

RIP, Buzzy.

Sorry to hear this mate. Sad

(10-08-2015 08:02 PM)Dom Wrote:  You guys make a great pair of mates! So glad you could meet!

Thanks Dom! Smile

I think Yesterday inspired me somewhat. For the first time in ages I spent 2 1/2 hours practicing! Here's what I worked on.

[Image: 71612141-c191-4cfe-8eae-dbaf5d0afbaf_zpsfovcylya.jpg]

[Image: 3f35c016-2a3b-4ce7-8815-ea13f85a52de_zpsxmvj04dk.jpg]

And now an hour on this! Big Grin

[Image: 490300e7-2458-489c-bafe-f917c38c668d_zpsbmhzq9ah.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 7 users Like Banjo's post
10-08-2015, 10:03 PM
Good you're feeling good. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
10-08-2015, 10:15 PM
(10-08-2015 10:03 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Good you're feeling good. Smile

Thanks mate. Although I think I am about done. Too tired to read Philly Joe's solos. I'll just work rudiments on the practice pad for a while. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
10-08-2015, 11:34 PM
(10-08-2015 09:39 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(10-08-2015 07:33 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I recently lost a friend on another forum to lung cancer, and about the same span between diagnosis and death.

RIP, Buzzy.

Sorry to hear this mate. Sad

We were better for having known him, y'know? Bittersweet, that's the word. I wasn't a close friend of his, but you could tell he had a good heart.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
10-08-2015, 11:38 PM
(10-08-2015 11:34 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(10-08-2015 09:39 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Sorry to hear this mate. Sad

We were better for having known him, y'know? Bittersweet, that's the word. I wasn't a close friend of his, but you could tell he had a good heart.

Fucking cancer! Angry

Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
11-08-2015, 12:10 AM
(10-08-2015 11:38 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(10-08-2015 11:34 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  We were better for having known him, y'know? Bittersweet, that's the word. I wasn't a close friend of his, but you could tell he had a good heart.

Fucking cancer! Angry

It's a bitch. Get better, brotha,
11-08-2015, 12:26 AM
I'm still practicing! Wink

Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post