I have to stop arguing with people.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2014, 04:18 PM
I have to stop arguing with people.
Worst part it is only online, never in RL. I think it is annoying everyone.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2014, 04:23 PM
RE: I have to stop arguing with people.
Naw little brother, we like you. It's all good. Argue away. Here have a happy seal.

[Image: seal.jpg]

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
04-06-2014, 04:28 PM
(04-06-2014 04:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Naw little brother, we like you. It's all good. Argue away. Here have a happy seal.

I thought we were doing geckos.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
04-06-2014, 04:29 PM
(04-06-2014 04:18 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Worst part it is only online, never in RL. I think it is annoying everyone.

What's to argue about? Embrace pity, don't you feel sad for someone who truly believes absolute fabricated BS fairy tales are actually the reality of the world around them? I do. If someone approached you tomorrow and said a red leprachaun lives in his trash can and when he kisses it's ( i ) it grants him wishes...would you try to convince him he is wrong...or simply walk away shaking your head? I pick walking away shaking my head. I have gotten to the point where I can systematically dismantle a believer, his views or his holy book of choice all without my blood pressure rising, getting overly emotionally involved or making myself upset. It truly is simple once you understand what absolute BS their beliefs are, and the facts that counter their delusion. So take a break from it, read, listen to podcasts, watch Hitchens dismantle various religious nuts on youtube, its always good for a giggle....live outside the net, focus on your joy, and less on trying to convince some tool that a red leprachaun does not live in his trashcan granting wishes, nor does jesus exist.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
04-06-2014, 04:29 PM
(04-06-2014 04:28 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 04:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Naw little brother, we like you. It's all good. Argue away. Here have a happy seal.

I thought we were doing geckos.

You're doing geckos. Someone has to pick up the seal slack.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
04-06-2014, 04:30 PM
I don't think there is a single regular member that I haven't argued with at least once.

It's part of it.

Arguing is a two way street. If they are getting annoyed arguing with you, then it's their fault because they can disengaged you any time they like. No one is forcing them to argue with you.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
04-06-2014, 04:31 PM
(04-06-2014 04:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 04:28 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  I thought we were doing geckos.

You're doing geckos. Someone has to pick up the seal slack.

Yeah but I get to determine the animal of the month
Drinking Beverage

04-06-2014, 04:34 PM
(04-06-2014 04:29 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 04:18 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Worst part it is only online, never in RL. I think it is annoying everyone.

What's to argue about? Embrace pity, don't you feel sad for someone who truly believes absolute fabricated BS fairy tales are actually the reality of the world around them? I do. If someone approached you tomorrow and said a red leprachaun lives in his trash can and when he kisses it's ( i ) it grants him wishes...would you try to convince him he is wrong...or simply walk away shaking your head? I pick walking away shaking my head. I have gotten to the point where I can systematically dismantle a believer, his views or his holy book of choice all without my blood pressure rising, getting overly emotionally involved or making myself upset. It truly is simple once you understand what absolute BS their beliefs are, and the facts that counter their delusion. So take a break from it, read, listen to podcasts, watch Hitchens dismantle various religious nuts on youtube, its always good for a giggle....live outside the net, focus on your joy, and less on trying to convince some tool that a red leprachaun does not live in his trashcan granting wishes, nor does jesus exist.

I sort of love debating creationist, but only because it is something to do. I know everything they are going to say too. In fact I could have a debate between me and myself for creation and evolution, without strawmaning the creationist side.

I stopped watching atheist videos. I have seen hitchens hitch slap the shit out of like 1 million theist.

[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
04-06-2014, 04:37 PM
(04-06-2014 04:34 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 04:29 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  What's to argue about? Embrace pity, don't you feel sad for someone who truly believes absolute fabricated BS fairy tales are actually the reality of the world around them? I do. If someone approached you tomorrow and said a red leprachaun lives in his trash can and when he kisses it's ( i ) it grants him wishes...would you try to convince him he is wrong...or simply walk away shaking your head? I pick walking away shaking my head. I have gotten to the point where I can systematically dismantle a believer, his views or his holy book of choice all without my blood pressure rising, getting overly emotionally involved or making myself upset. It truly is simple once you understand what absolute BS their beliefs are, and the facts that counter their delusion. So take a break from it, read, listen to podcasts, watch Hitchens dismantle various religious nuts on youtube, its always good for a giggle....live outside the net, focus on your joy, and less on trying to convince some tool that a red leprachaun does not live in his trashcan granting wishes, nor does jesus exist.

I sort of love debating creationist, but only because it is something to do. I know everything they are going to say too. In fact I could have a debate between me and myself for creation and evolution, without strawmaning the creationist side.

I stopped watching atheist videos. I have seen hitchens hitch slap the shit out of like 1 million theist.

I am with you, I enjoy backhanding the fundies, and get true satisfaction out of the subtle art of asking gentle probing questions which upon honest reflection lead the inner doubt harboring believer closer to the path of enlightenment. Drooling

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
04-06-2014, 04:37 PM

Dude - you have to keep trying or you won't get good at it.

Tennis players only try to play others who are better than them. Why? So they can become just as good. It's called practice.

Life practice is hard. It can kick your ass and make you feel like a retard.

Now, retard up and keep practicing... eventually, you'll be on top of your game. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post