I have to vent.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-07-2017, 05:13 PM
I have to vent.
I'm new here and not sure if this is the right place for this, but I've got to get this off my chest.

My father died last year and, just this week, my wife had successful cancer surgery.

I stomached all the "Stay strong, god is with you" crap at Dad's funeral, but one obnoxious little fucker pushed me over the edge this week, telling me that "prayer warriors" had saved my wife's life.

I told him that he did not save my wife's life by pretending to telecommunicate with an invisible superman in the sky, and that, if there is a god, it would have been a lot easier if the motherfucker just hadn't given her cancer in the first place.

I'm sure he wanted to say something, but I probably looked like I was going to punch him (I would not have done that), so he just turned and walked away.

Thanks for letting me vent. I wanted to share it with those who know the struggle.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 21 users Like IDBIISITS's post
01-07-2017, 06:24 PM
RE: I have to vent.
Welcome to TTA.

Yes. It's the right place. Although as debates go, that's pretty short...

"I propose..."
"Grrrr!"
No Q&A.

Thumbsup

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
01-07-2017, 06:32 PM
Welcome, IDetc. Every single place here is the right place for venting about religionists and their insensitivity when it comes to death and illness!

Sorry about your dad and hope your wife is doing well.... thanks entirely to science and the people who helped her.

Though nowhere near as bad as what you've been experiencing, I've been hearing repulsive things about 2-year-olds having cancer so their freaking parents can learn something or become better people or some such shit (apparently the 2-year-old doesn't count as human being, it's god's teaching prop or something Censored ). Or how about a mother getting pregnant when her 2-year-old was dying of cancer is a fucking gift from fucking god. And what was the cancer that killed the 2-year old? Angry

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Vera's post
01-07-2017, 06:35 PM
(01-07-2017 05:13 PM)IDBIISITS Wrote:  I'm new here and not sure if this is the right place for this, but I've got to get this off my chest.

My father died last year and, just this week, my wife had successful cancer surgery.

I stomached all the "Stay strong, god is with you" crap at Dad's funeral, but one obnoxious little fucker pushed me over the edge this week, telling me that "prayer warriors" had saved my wife's life.

I told him that he did not save my wife's life by pretending to telecommunicate with an invisible superman in the sky, and that, if there is a god, it would have been a lot easier if the motherfucker just hadn't given her cancer in the first place.

I'm sure he wanted to say something, but I probably looked like I was going to punch him (I would not have done that), so he just turned and walked away.

Thanks for letting me vent. I wanted to share it with those who know the struggle.

I am sorry for the loss of your father.

I am also happy to hear of your wife's successful surgery.

It is frustrating...when I was diagnosed with cancer I had people praying for me...whoopdeedoo...and people who suggested that I pray. I credit the doctors, nurses, and scientists behind the scenes for me still being here. The anger is understandable...instead of crediting people an imaginary figure is praised...the same figure who (by their reasoning) could have prevented the cancer in the first damn place. Or you hear that it was gawd guiding the hands of the surgeon. Dodgy

I hope all continues to go well for your wife.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
01-07-2017, 06:40 PM
It's so idiotic and insensitive when people do this.

It was the same the day a few weeks ago at the Congressional ball game. They kept saying "Oh, God was certainly with us this morning". Oh really ? Cuz he was too impotent to prevent the majority whip from almost being killed, and all the others being shot ? Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
01-07-2017, 06:44 PM
Thanks, everyone. I should have come here sooner. I followed TA on Facebook, but I have not seen any posts in a very long time.
[+] 1 user Likes IDBIISITS's post
01-07-2017, 06:47 PM
Sad I am very sorry for your loss. I hope your wife's recovery is swift and easy!

I cringe when people say something horrible is 'god's will'. What a shitty thing to say to someone who is suffering.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
01-07-2017, 08:05 PM
Welcome to TTA. I'm sorry about your dad. *hugs* I lost my dad as well, I know how hard it is dealing with that kind of a deep loss.

I'm glad your wife's cancer surgery was successful. Wishing her and you warm thoughts and continued success in her recovery.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
01-07-2017, 08:07 PM
At work.

Hello!

Hug
02-07-2017, 02:03 AM
I'm glad you found us, and I hope you can find some useful support here Heart I'm sorry for the loss of your father.

That's great news about your wife, and I don't blame you for putting that twat in their place.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post