I have to vent.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-07-2017, 05:54 AM
RE: I have to vent.
(01-07-2017 05:13 PM)IDBIISITS Wrote:  I stomached all the "Stay strong, god is with you" crap at Dad's funeral, but one obnoxious little fucker pushed me over the edge this week, telling me that "prayer warriors" had saved my wife's life.
Sorry for your loss IDBIISITS.
Losing a parent can be particularly tough.

Really, these "Stay strong, god is with you" folks refuse to reflect on what good IT HASN'T BEEN for (their) god to "be with you"! If they did, they would hold their holy flappin' tongues with that chit.

Deflection from the horrible is their #1 rationale / tactic when faced with chit that's too bad to be true reality.

See, you simply need to advert your simpleton attention to the frolicking puppies in the other room! Only then can you feel warmnfuzzy again about (their) God's fuc'd up plans.

You have to be odd to be #1.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes BackSlider's post
02-07-2017, 06:30 AM
Same thing brought me here - I needed to vent after listening to this nonsense when my husband died.

Good going for your wife - and you, it's not easy to have a spouse go through this. Wishing you much strength!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
02-07-2017, 02:29 PM
(01-07-2017 05:13 PM)IDBIISITS Wrote:  I'm new here and not sure if this is the right place for this, but I've got to get this off my chest.

My father died last year and, just this week, my wife had successful cancer surgery.

I stomached all the "Stay strong, god is with you" crap at Dad's funeral, but one obnoxious little fucker pushed me over the edge this week, telling me that "prayer warriors" had saved my wife's life.

I told him that he did not save my wife's life by pretending to telecommunicate with an invisible superman in the sky, and that, if there is a god, it would have been a lot easier if the motherfucker just hadn't given her cancer in the first place...
That'll come up again (Mt 12:36). [Image: write.gif]
02-07-2017, 05:05 PM
(02-07-2017 02:29 PM)serpentdove Wrote:  That'll come up again (Mt 12:36). [Image: write.gif]

The sad thing is that you're going to die someday and drift into oblivion without ever realizing how much everything you say is so much bullshit, and you could have spent your life being a real decent person instead of a disingenuous cunt. So much wasted time, but whatever.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 7 users Like evenheathen's post
02-07-2017, 06:23 PM
Quote:That'll come up again (Mt 12:36). [Image: write.gif]
In your fantasy scripture world, yes it will.
If you could prove your scripture Mt 12:36). has any real world reality /truth serpentdove, I might come back to your fold.
Till then, you keep payin your dues to your book club and nursing from that bland teet of "l'm saved".
Pure fantasy bs.

Faith is rooted in gullibility and surrender from the real word reality. No doubt your choice has its appeal, but it can and for many, has worn thin.

You have to be odd to be #1.
02-07-2017, 06:42 PM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2017 06:47 PM by OmniConsUme.)
(02-07-2017 06:23 PM)BackSlider Wrote:  
Quote:That'll come up again (Mt 12:36). [Image: write.gif]
In your fantasy scripture world, yes it will.
If you could prove your scripture Mt 12:36). has any real world reality /truth serpentdove, I might come back to your fold.
Till then, you keep payin your dues to your book club and nursing from that bland teet of "l'm saved".
Pure fantasy bs.

Faith is rooted in gullibility and surrender from the real word reality. No doubt your choice has its appeal, but it can and for many, has worn thin.

And it has to be extremely convincing, because Extrodinarly claims require Extrodinary evidence.
However he is not capable of that, because he doesn't want to debate.
02-07-2017, 06:48 PM
Nice to meet you! I've vented on here a few times, sometimes these insensitive idiots can really grate at your nerves.

Just now my dad is talking about some guy saying he'll pray for the 'Church' and when he raised his hand everyone fell down in the 'spirit'. Seriously, you can't make this shit up.

But, I'm happy to hear about you're wife successful surgery! Always good when someone lives another day, you only do get this life and it's great doctors and science is making it possible to prolong that life. Smile

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
02-07-2017, 06:53 PM
Sorry about that IDBIISITS, but this serpentdove been hijacking threads. Nice to meet you too.
[+] 1 user Likes OmniConsUme's post
02-07-2017, 07:06 PM
(02-07-2017 02:29 PM)serpentdove Wrote:  That'll come up again (Mt 12:36).

I've seen you before. (Prov 26:3-12)

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
02-07-2017, 08:34 PM
(01-07-2017 05:13 PM)IDBIISITS Wrote:  I'm new here and not sure if this is the right place for this, but I've got to get this off my chest.

My father died last year and, just this week, my wife had successful cancer surgery.

I stomached all the "Stay strong, god is with you" crap at Dad's funeral, but one obnoxious little fucker pushed me over the edge this week, telling me that "prayer warriors" had saved my wife's life.

I told him that he did not save my wife's life by pretending to telecommunicate with an invisible superman in the sky, and that, if there is a god, it would have been a lot easier if the motherfucker just hadn't given her cancer in the first place.

I'm sure he wanted to say something, but I probably looked like I was going to punch him (I would not have done that), so he just turned and walked away.

Thanks for letting me vent. I wanted to share it with those who know the struggle.

Those are the people I tend to have imaginary conversations with that go something like this:

Me: "Oh I see you are choking on the (mystery) meatballs you brought to my father's after-funeral Wake. Would you prefer that I A) Call your church and have them add you to their prayer list or B) Call in a faith-healer or C) get you to a medical professional? And if you answered C, then do you believe that if that medical professional happens to be an atheist then she/he should have the right to refuse to treat you based on the fact that you don't share the same religious beliefs? And if a medical person treats you or I choose to give you the Heimlich maneuver I'm sure that if you survive you'd give all the credit to your god rather than to the person who spent their time/money learning how to save you, right?"

And seriously, to IDBIISITS----you reacted admirably. I'd have probably started shouting at the very least.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post