I have to vent.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-07-2017, 09:40 AM
RE: I have to vent.
Sorry for your loss IDBIISITS, I lost my dad last year and it hurts please don't let serpentdick ruin your stay here she's not completely sane, seems to believe Catholics are vampires and planet x is coming to get us, probably believes in the reptilian new world order too, just a selective quote mining troll, pay it no heed.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
04-07-2017, 02:55 AM
(01-07-2017 05:13 PM)IDBIISITS Wrote:  I'm new here and not sure if this is the right place for this, but I've got to get this off my chest.

My father died last year and, just this week, my wife had successful cancer surgery.

I stomached all the "Stay strong, god is with you" crap at Dad's funeral, but one obnoxious little fucker pushed me over the edge this week, telling me that "prayer warriors" had saved my wife's life.

I told him that he did not save my wife's life by pretending to telecommunicate with an invisible superman in the sky, and that, if there is a god, it would have been a lot easier if the motherfucker just hadn't given her cancer in the first place.

I'm sure he wanted to say something, but I probably looked like I was going to punch him (I would not have done that), so he just turned and walked away.

Thanks for letting me vent. I wanted to share it with those who know the struggle.

Man, I cannot stand stuff like "we prayed for such and such, and it's all gods work that we can be thankfull for".

I attended a Christmas service at my moms local church. As well as all the other garbage I heard/saw that day, one of the things was "one of our members has just had successful brain surgery, and it was a very long and dangerous procedure. As you are aware we all prayed together before hand, and it looks like that payed off. Praise be the lord..." basically not thanking the hard working surgeon who has spent most of his/her life in medical school to be able to do this type of thing, it just proper pissed me off.

Welcome to the forum anyway, and feel free to vent any time. We've all been there haha.

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
I now sell T-Shirts Here! Please Check it out Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
04-07-2017, 03:48 PM
Prayer Warriors vs Skeleton Warriors

Skeleton Warriors win!

Not because they have any supernatural powers but because the Prayer Warriors are equally impotent and even more incompetent, which is impressive given that Skeleton Warriors are quite literally brainless.

Skeleton Warriors just sit there doing nothing, much as you might expect from an inanimate collection of bones.

Prayer Warriors do just as much nothing but with a lot more effort.

Prayer Warriors' prayers won't prevent the Skeleton Warriors from doing nothing. I don't care how hard they pray, those bones aren't going to start dancing. By the same token, Skeleton Warriors' nothing won't stop the Prayer Warriors' praying. It looks like a stalemate, and over the short term it is.

Inevitably the Prayer Warriors die, which shuts them up quite effectively, decompose, and join the ranks of the Skeleton Warriors.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
31-07-2017, 01:57 PM
I sympathize; I really hate that "prayer works wonders" bullshit.

And I might be a bit harsh, but the people that post things like how a bible didn't burn in a wreck are fucking morons. Or how a guy who almost died and has months of rehab and healing was "saved by god" and his mercy. Fuck you and fuck your god.
[+] 1 user Likes ResidentEvilFan's post