I haven't seen this posted as a subject yet.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-03-2012, 08:33 PM
I haven't seen this posted as a subject yet.
Why won't God heal amputees?

Of all the healing "miracles" that are allegedly attributed to God, I've never seen anything that couldn't be explained by medical science or coincidence.

When I was 18, my dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer that had metastasized into bone cancer. By the time it was discovered, tumors on his spine had closed off the nerves controlling his lower body. He was paralyzed from the waist down and given 6 months to live. Doctors said even if he did live, he would never walk again.

1 year later, after many prayers for Pastor Erxomai Sr., Pappa Erxomai had a full recovery, including full feeling in his legs and the regained ability to walk again! Miracle of miracles! Of course, this was accompanied by several courses of chemo and radiation therapies as well as much work with a physical therapist. Oh, and 4 years after his recovery, the cancer returned and he died in year 5 of the original diagnosis.

My point? It was seen as a wonderful miracle at the time, but nothing that happened couldn't be explained by medical science.

So if miracles are real...why won't God heal an amputee? All it would take is one. One person who, after prayer, received back their limb, would go a long way in displaying the power of God. Yet, not one single shred of evidence from 4000 years of Judeo/Christian/Islamic history can point to 1 single person having a limb restored...not even 1 pinky toe.

The only reason Christianity spread in the first century was because of the alleged miracles of some dude named Yeshua. Yet, not one of his "miracles" is beyond rationalization. Water changed into wine? No...somebody just found more jars of wine in the cellar. Walking on water? No, he just waded out from shore and climbed in the boat. Calming the storm? A good meteorologist can predict when a storm will stop. Raising Lazarus from the dead? The dude was just taking a nap.

My point? There is one miracle that could never be explained rationally and that is the regrowth of a limb. Yet, God is unable to do this. Why? Why can't an all-powerful God restore a limb? Well, an all-powerful God could restore a limb, IF such a God existed.

Sadly, such a God does not exist. It's too bad. I'd pay good money to see a limb grow back in person.

Want more? Check out: Why Won't God Heal Amputees?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
15-03-2012, 08:49 PM
RE: I haven't seen this posted as a subject yet.
It still wouldn't prove anything to me. I would think the person with a regrown limb had lizard DNA.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like lucradis's post
15-03-2012, 08:50 PM
(15-03-2012 08:49 PM)lucradis Wrote:  It still wouldn't prove anything to me. I would think the person with a regrown limb had lizard DNA.

LOL! That'd be freaking cool, wouldn't it?

"DUDE how'd you do that?"

"Don't tell anyone... but in a lab... somewhere in new mexico... they injected me with lizard dna and the rest was history."
[+] 3 users Like Logisch's post
15-03-2012, 09:07 PM
(15-03-2012 08:50 PM)Logisch Wrote:  they injected me with lizard dna and the rest was history."

[Image: gorn12.jpg]

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Popeye's Pappy's post
15-03-2012, 09:13 PM
for being omnipotent god's power is quite lame, I mean, he had to make rain for 40 days and 40 nights to wipe out humanity, when in this universe we can observe things that can make that in just a few seconds.

If god exists he ran out of mana a long time ago :/

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 5 users Like nach_in's post
15-03-2012, 09:20 PM
(15-03-2012 09:13 PM)nach_in Wrote:  for being omnipotent god's power is quite lame, I mean, he had to make rain for 40 days and 40 nights to wipe out humanity, when in this universe we can observe things that can make that in just a few seconds.

If god exists he ran out of mana a long time ago :/

Ha! Good point. It took him 6 days to create the earth but 40 to destroy it. Lol.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 5 users Like Erxomai's post
15-03-2012, 10:02 PM
Because God hates amputees. They really creep Him out.Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
15-03-2012, 10:08 PM
Yeah, I'm sick of this question. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
15-03-2012, 10:18 PM
(15-03-2012 10:08 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Yeah, I'm sick of this question. Tongue

Then why does Gwynnies Hate Amputees? Big Grin

~Izel
15-03-2012, 11:08 PM (This post was last modified: 16-03-2012 12:21 PM by ShirubaDangan.)
I don't understand why God did amazing miracles back during the times when science was still in its infancy and will not allow a miracle like those of the past within the modern world.

People will probably argue and complain that God wants to remain hidden but it completely is irrelevant when he interfered with us before.

Of course the modern miracles of Cheesus should convince us.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
[+] 3 users Like ShirubaDangan's post