I haven't seen this posted as a subject yet.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-03-2012, 12:33 AM
Rainbow RE: I haven't seen this posted as a subject yet.
I don't even care about the miracles... why wont he come down and wrestle people anymore? Or does he? Maybe old buddy Jehovah is a professional wrestler.

God wants to be hidden but he spoke to Abraham, Noah, Moses, etc. God can't demonstrate his power because they would be no free will, yet he let Jesus demonstrate his powers to convince everyone. That should be evidence for the entire world enough for as long as until he comes back.

Exclamation Maybe he dunna exist?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like ClydeLee's post
16-03-2012, 05:32 AM
RE: I haven't seen this posted as a subject yet.
He still comes down and wrestles with peeps, only these days it's not divine revelation, but rather psychosis. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
16-03-2012, 07:02 AM
If we ever wrestle please don't call me god =p

What are you all talking about? 2000 years ago everyone was still reading a book about fantastic things that never happened to them. They just didn't consider schizophrenia to be a mental disorder and they thought most others were bad spirits (whatever word you want). The only times that "proof" hapened in public were in books written much later than the event. Just because a couple people saw visions doesn't mean any miracles occured. The only public showings have nowhere near as much gossip as how pious some random jew was.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
16-03-2012, 07:44 AM
[Image: lounge_lizards1.gif]

[Image: fearloathing.jpg]

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
16-03-2012, 01:13 PM
(15-03-2012 08:33 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Why won't God heal amputees?

I posed this question to my Christian mother yesterday. She thought she'd win me over with a miracle story, and I pointed to the natural explanation. I said that everything credited to God always has a natural explanation, and of course this led to my asking why she was making dinner (as she currently was) instead of simply praying for it to be done. I asked why she relied on the car to get her places and why she paid her bills if she could simply ask God to take care of these things. Because her miracle story involved healing (one involving a patient in the fucking hospital) I asked her why obviously miraculously healings don't occur, and especially why Christians don't pray with the expectation that they could.

She gave me the excuse of "God is not a galactic vending machine", and when I brought up scripture to the contrary and challenged her to give me scripture that upheld her belief that God doesn't just give you whatever you ask for, she claimed that I couldn't understand the bible because I'm an atheist (despite the fact that she believes she understands atheism better than I do). Who can argue with logic like that? Who would bother?

Anyway, I've read 100% of the pages on that site. I love it. The main question is one that simply has no good answer, and all of the rebuttals to it have been well-debunked by the site's author.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
16-03-2012, 01:24 PM
I think he just doesn't have enough time...he has sports events to watch over and weather conditions with which to prove his power. That and talking to certain women to tell them to murder their children because they are evil and/or to save them from his hell.

Fixing amputations must be far down on his list.

Much more fun to whip up a tornado or hurricane.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
16-03-2012, 01:40 PM

I stated something about this in another thread months ago.

Why not start a craze?? Lets pick ONE amputee (who will play along) and make T shirts, bumper stickers.. the whole works. Get religious leaders to rally the troops and create ONE HUGE national day of prayer where EVERYONE that believes prays for this ONE amputee. Have 24 hour prayer circles, get TBN involved, all the mega churches. Anyone claiming Christianity as their religion should pray for this one miracle. (don't mix faiths as that would water down G-mans power and make him ignore this)
Certainly if god can be credited for the random cancer healings recently, then THIS is easy breasy.

Then again i know WHY they would not do it. God cant be tempted, god this god that...blah blah blah....

But its funny, they'll say god should not be put to the test, but they are the first to yell TOUCHDOWN when some cancer patient gets better.

He got all up in our business wiht a flood, an exodus, burning bushes, walking zombies, earthquakes, zapping ER simply because he was wicked...so its not like god is a backseat driver...actually he is quite comfy showing off.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Denicio's post
16-03-2012, 06:21 PM
(16-03-2012 01:40 PM)Denicio Wrote:  I stated something about this in another thread months ago.

Why not start a craze?? Lets pick ONE amputee (who will play along) and make T shirts, bumper stickers.. the whole works. Get religious leaders to rally the troops and create ONE HUGE national day of prayer where EVERYONE that believes prays for this ONE amputee. Have 24 hour prayer circles, get TBN involved, all the mega churches. Anyone claiming Christianity as their religion should pray for this one miracle. (don't mix faiths as that would water down G-mans power and make him ignore this)

Why not? Because Christians don't believe it will work, either. Remember TheThinkingAtheist video "The Dinner Party"? Seth was making fun of Christians for relying on natural means like calling an ambulance rather than what you'd actually expect from bible believers --- an immediate prayer.

Not that I really oppose the idea. It would just be rubbing in this fact that Christians don't believe that prayer has any power, but I don't believe it would teach them anything that they didn't already know.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
17-03-2012, 06:19 PM
(15-03-2012 09:20 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(15-03-2012 09:13 PM)nach_in Wrote:  for being omnipotent god's power is quite lame, I mean, he had to make rain for 40 days and 40 nights to wipe out humanity, when in this universe we can observe things that can make that in just a few seconds.

If god exists he ran out of mana a long time ago :/

Ha! Good point. It took him 6 days to create the earth but 40 to destroy it. Lol.

[Image: funny-pictures-ceiling-cat-conjures-the-earth.jpg]

I iz a good architect, what can I say?

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 3 users Like Logica Humano's post