I herd yaks

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-02-2013, 08:50 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2013 09:12 PM by yakherder.)
I herd yaks
Greetings. I'm far from new to agnosticism or atheism, and I don't believe it defines me, but I figure I might come across some interesting conversation here from time to time Smile

I'm originally from Washington State, currently living in Quebec with my girlfriend and son.

Currently a soldier with the Vermont Army National Guard, having previously done 6 years in the Navy, I'm now anxiously awaiting the end of my enlistment so I can either return to active duty in the U.S. Army or simply join the Canadian Forces. Every other job I've ever tried has been mind numbingly boring and unfulfilling.

I'm a foreign language nerd and fitness fanatic.

I don't really herd yaks, but if I weren't able to find a job that actually pays me to run around in the mountains and go camping, that would probably be my second choice.

Looking forward to chatting with you all.

"Character is not made of sunshine and roses. Like steel, it is forged in fire, between the hammer and the anvil." Zhu Jin Ning, Thick Face Black Heart.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2013, 10:00 PM
RE: I herd yaks
(11-02-2013 08:50 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Greetings. I'm far from new to agnosticism or atheism, and I don't believe it defines me, but I figure I might come across some interesting conversation here from time to time Smile

Howdy howdy ho. [Image: Tip-Hat.gif]

(11-02-2013 08:50 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I don't really herd yaks, ...

But have you heard them? That's what GirlyMan's interested in?

Breathing - it's more art than science.
11-02-2013, 10:23 PM
(11-02-2013 10:00 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(11-02-2013 08:50 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Greetings. I'm far from new to agnosticism or atheism, and I don't believe it defines me, but I figure I might come across some interesting conversation here from time to time Smile

Howdy howdy ho. [Image: Tip-Hat.gif]

(11-02-2013 08:50 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I don't really herd yaks, ...

But have you heard them? That's what GirlyMan's interested in?

Do they go yakety-yak?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-02-2013, 10:26 PM
(11-02-2013 10:00 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  But have you heard them? That's what GirlyMan's interested in?
The yaks I saw on Ren and Stimpy could talk. I have no reason to believe this is not an accurate depiction.

"Character is not made of sunshine and roses. Like steel, it is forged in fire, between the hammer and the anvil." Zhu Jin Ning, Thick Face Black Heart.
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
11-02-2013, 10:40 PM
At first glance I thought you heard people throwing up.

I gotta improve my focus.

Oh, yeah....welcome!

'See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way.' -JF
11-02-2013, 10:44 PM

I'm originally from Washington State, currently living in Quebec with my girlfriend and son.

Currently a soldier with the Vermont Army National Guard, having previously done 6 years in the Navy, I'm now anxiously awaiting the end of my enlistment so I can either return to active duty in the U.S. Army or simply join the Canadian Forces. Every other job I've ever tried has been mind numbingly boring and unfulfilling.

I'm a foreign language nerd and fitness fanatic.

I don't really herd yaks, but if I weren't able to find a job that actually pays me to run around in the mountains and go camping, that would probably be my second choice.

Looking forward to chatting with you all.

You said you herded Yaks.

I was promised Yak herding.

I expected yaks.

You lied.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
11-02-2013, 10:56 PM
Welcome Yakherder Smile

I used to love me a bit of Ren & Stimpy

[Image: renampstimpy_zpsd11fe3da.jpg]

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
11-02-2013, 11:30 PM
(11-02-2013 10:44 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  You said you herded Yaks.

I expected yaks.

You lied.
Maybe I lied about not herding yaks. I could be typing this from a smartphone while riding my yak.

11-02-2013, 11:47 PM
(11-02-2013 11:30 PM)yakherder Wrote:  

I expected yaks.

You lied.
Maybe I lied about not herding yaks. I could be typing this from a smartphone while riding my yak.

..... got me there.

But how can I be sure that you are lying about lying while typing about lying on a smartphone, without a yak?

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
11-02-2013, 11:48 PM
(11-02-2013 11:30 PM)yakherder Wrote:  

I expected yaks.

You lied.
If you ride a yak do they yoedle or yelp ? Maybe if they were Yanks, and wore yamulkas, and they're yentas, I would like a herd. But yikes, the young yaks might yawn, so I prefer yachting with the yapping yaps, not just hear then yammer at yuletide, as that's just yucky.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post