I hide that I smoke from my son

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-02-2013, 11:56 AM
I hide that I smoke from my son
I have smoked since I've been 13. I quit when I found out I was pregnant at 17. I stayed smoke free for 3 years afterward... Then one night, I got intoxicated and snatched one from my friend. It was awesome. I started back up and have smoked since.

I hide it from my son. I don't want him to see mommy doing it. My entire immediate family smokes and I feel like that helped me to want to do it too.

I know he's seen me a few times. One night, he was looking through the door outside and put his fingers to his eyes and then pointed them at me, stating,"I'm watching you..." That's my boy! Awesome.

I just don't do it around him. Am I wrong for 'lying' to him? I don't really think so. But I don't want him to perceive me as a hypocrit.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-02-2013, 01:03 PM
RE: I hide that I smoke from my son
Just tell him that it's not a good thing, that it is unhealthy, and especially so for kids and you don't want him to inhale any of it.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
24-02-2013, 01:57 AM
What Dom said. My friend does the same thing with her kids, but kids will figure out that you smoke if you hide it, usually. It's probably better to admit it but say it's not healthy and they shouldn't be around it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes amyb's post
24-02-2013, 02:07 AM
So far, nobody jumped up to confirm my fear that I am somehow wrong to hide it and my being a hypocrit = ) That makes me feel better. When my mom smoked around us when we were kids, she just said, "Don't do it." All that while we were surrounded by secondhand smoke.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King