I hope Ron Paul becomes President.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2011, 11:59 PM
I hope Ron Paul becomes President.
It will take a freak accident, but I hope he makes it.

Why? Because I want his obsessives to see his failure to grant their Santa Claus wish lists by the end of his term. I would bet money that we will still have the income tax and the Federal Reserve System after he leaves office, for example.

The Paul obsessives really want a guy who will rule by decree and send his political opponents to the soccer stadium, like an American version of Pinochet. Paul can't and won't do those things unless he just throws the constitution into the paper shredder.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-08-2011, 11:53 AM
RE: I hope Ron Paul becomes President.
How does that make him any different from any other politician? Every President has made promises while campaigning that they not only did not deliver but never even tried. Why pick on Paul? And why are his followers any more "obsessives" vs. any other candidate?

I think Paul has a snowballs chance in Arizona of getting the nomination but I would not be upset if he did. He is one of the few candidates who seems to be honest about our issues vs. telling people what they want to hear. Of course in a Democracy he can't just wave a magic wand and make things happen but at least he's not promising we can have it all and balance our budget and recover our economy. He may be FOS but he's not a overt liar like the rest of them, including Obama.

President Ron Paul? I'm all for it.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
30-08-2011, 03:44 PM
But, since this is about bashing Ron Paul, you may enjoy this: Talking with a ron paul supporter

30-08-2011, 09:26 PM

(29-08-2011 11:59 PM)advancedatheist Wrote:  It will take a freak accident, but I hope he makes it.

Why? Because I want his obsessives to see his failure to grant their Santa Claus wish lists by the end of his term. I would bet money that we will still have the income tax and the Federal Reserve System after he leaves office, for example.

The Paul obsessives really want a guy who will rule by decree and send his political opponents to the soccer stadium, like an American version of Pinochet. Paul can't and won't do those things unless he just throws the constitution into the paper shredder.

... not worth the risk.
Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2011, 05:33 PM
(30-08-2011 11:53 AM)BnW Wrote:  How does that make him any different from any other politician? Every President has made promises while campaigning that they not only did not deliver but never even tried. Why pick on Paul? And why are his followers any more "obsessives" vs. any other candidate?

Because Ron Paul attracts supporters who sound even nuttier than the kooks usually associated with the major parties: White supremacists, conspiracy theorists, anti-vaxxers, Christian Reconstructionists, state secessionists, etc. He represents a fringe subculture with agendas most Americans would consider irrational.
02-09-2011, 07:21 AM
Well, there is no denying he attracts a certain wingnut element, but so do most other candidates. Some of his may be a little more unsavory than the others (although I think Bachmann attracts a lot of sick people as well) but that doesn't mean Paul doesn't have some good ideas. Not all of them, obviously. There are things he says I completely disagree with but that is true of every politician.

What I like about him is he actually believes in something and does so consistently. He doesn't change his mind or back off statements because they got a negative response. You may disagree with what his positions are but you can be sure that those are his positions. You certainly can't say that about Obama.

Btw, Ralph Nader is another person I'd put in that category. I don't agree with him on a lot too but I respect his convictions.

02-09-2011, 09:12 AM
(02-09-2011 07:21 AM)BnW Wrote:  You may disagree with what his positions are but you can be sure that those are his positions. You certainly can't say that about Obama.

I got a phony vibe off of Obama early in 2008 when I watched him on TV in front of screaming crowds which treated him like a rock star. That turned me off to him, probably because I have Aspergerish tendencies and I don't process social phenomena the way "neurotypical" people do.

At this point I'd like to see a pragmatic, reasonable president of either party who has good judgment. Obama doesn't impress me, and I don't see a Republican I could respect, either.
02-09-2011, 09:57 AM
Would he be the next JFK???

"I care not what puppet is placed upon the throne of England to rule the Empire on which the sun never sets. The man that controls Britain's money supply controls the British Empire, and I control the British money supply."

Baron Nathan Mayer Rothschild

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
02-09-2011, 11:02 AM
(02-09-2011 09:57 AM)bemore Wrote:  Would he be the next JFK???

Only if he takes two shots to the head.

04-09-2011, 09:19 AM
I thought i posted this earlier... for your consideration

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QDv4sYwjO0

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.