I just "came out" to my friends and family. This is what I e-mailed them

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-11-2012, 10:08 PM

RE: I just "came out" to my friends and family. This is what I e-mailed them
You should have kept it to yourself. All you've done is shit on everything your family and your husband's family holds to be the most important thing there is in life. I think you just want attention. You don't know if God exists or doesn't exist, so for you to "come out" means nothing. All it was was hate you wanted to inflict on your family for whatever your twisted reason's are.

That's my opinion, and you asked for it.
Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2012, 10:21 PM
^ don't listen to the troll Pandabby. He just alternates between somewhat sane, decent fellow and vicious troll at whimsy.

I think it was a pretty good letter - and a better job of it than I did (I stumbled out of the closet half on accident...)

Better without God, and happier too.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Azaraith's post
09-11-2012, 10:31 PM
Congratulations on letting everyone know. I'm predicting a lot of condescending, pretending, tolerant smiles from the hard-core jebus groupies. But, anyone who also thinks like you do will be encouraged to let you know too. First people through the wall always get bloodied by the trip.

I never really had a 'coming out' of any kind. I think the closest thing I ever did was tell a guy at work (after repeated "I don't think this is the right venue for that kind of discussion" answers) that I thought anyone who believed in god(s) is either delusional, masochistic or both. You know, because he's such a jerk...

Anyway, hope things work out.
[+] 1 user Likes GabrielSun's post
10-11-2012, 12:32 AM
(09-11-2012 10:08 PM)Egor Wrote:  You should have kept it to yourself. All you've done is shit on everything your family and your husband's family holds to be the most important thing there is in life. I think you just want attention. You don't know if God exists or doesn't exist, so for you to "come out" means nothing. All it was was hate you wanted to inflict on your family for whatever your twisted reason's are.

Hey. Fuck you. And that's my opinion.

If believers are free to hoot and hollar and throw their beliefs around then I don't see why expressing disbelief should be kept to oneself. I'm not sure of how one should 'come out' but telling people it means nothing is wrong. It means something when people went through centuries of living hell for not believing or believing in something different and if you can't see the value in it all then maybe you need only to worry about your own little closet and leave out your coward crybaby comments.
[+] 4 users Like kpax's post
10-11-2012, 01:23 AM
(09-11-2012 10:08 PM)Egor Wrote:  You should have kept it to yourself. All you've done is shit on everything your family and your husband's family holds to be the most important thing there is in life. I think you just want attention. You don't know if God exists or doesn't exist, so for you to "come out" means nothing. All it was was hate you wanted to inflict on your family for whatever your twisted reason's are.

There's a difference between opinion and senile authoritativeness. I hope though, if you're committed to that bigotry you just spewed, you'll remember it if you kill Bambi's mother or rape someone. Why should you place your own self-respect aside so someone else can remain the host of it for you against your will? You are senile for raping the line of tolerance, integrity, honesty, equality and above all mutual love. Shame on you. None of that was an opinion, it was downright bigotry and insulting to a harmless and careful act.

Leviticus does not justify stupidity, but it is more than enough to define corruption of the human mind.

[Image: 24851795.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Matthew Laramore's post
10-11-2012, 02:16 AM

I can't help but say something here.

Egor, I have said it before, and so shall say it once more; While I disagree with what you say, I shall not defend to the death your right to say it; as it is flawed.

Don't let my opinion stop you Doctor, have at thee! I think I would like my motives analyzed by one of your obviously expert caliber.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
10-11-2012, 02:41 AM

(10-11-2012 12:32 AM)kpax Wrote:  Hey. Fuck you. And that's my opinion.

Shocking

Quote:If believers are free to hoot and hollar and throw their beliefs around then I don't see why expressing disbelief should be kept to oneself. I'm not sure of how one should 'come out' but telling people it means nothing is wrong. It means something when people went through centuries of living hell for not believing or believing in something different and if you can't see the value in it all then maybe you need only to worry about your own little closet and leave out your coward crybaby comments.

Do you really think your atheism matters to God, the world, or even your next door neighbor? It doesn't. It's stupid, but you're free to be stupid. The stupid are more easily controlled. All the OP did was cause division in her family, and my guess is that's all she wanted to do. It's not like they were asking her to become a nun. She could have just kept her stupid opinions to herself.

(10-11-2012 01:23 AM)Matthew Laramore Wrote:  There's a difference between opinion and senile authoritativeness. I hope though, if you're committed to that bigotry you just spewed, you'll remember it if you kill Bambi's mother or rape someone. Why should you place your own self-respect aside so someone else can remain the host of it for you against your will? You are senile for raping the line of tolerance, integrity, honesty, equality and above all mutual love. Shame on you. None of that was an opinion, it was downright bigotry and insulting to a harmless and careful act.

There's no bigotry. It's true that atheism makes no sense, but I wasn't harping on that. What I'm saying is true: She doesn't know if God exists or doesn't, so she has no reason to spew her atheism to religious people except to cause division and hatred. It's pathetic. And frankly, I have no idea what you are trying to say. Hobo You seem fixated on "rape."
Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2012, 02:47 AM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2012 02:54 AM by kpax.)
(10-11-2012 02:41 AM)Egor Wrote:  Do you really think your atheism matters to God, the world, or even your next door neighbor? It doesn't. It's stupid, but you're free to be stupid. The stupid are more easily controlled. All the OP did was cause division in her family, and my guess is that's all she wanted to do. It's not like they were asking her to become a nun. She could have just kept her stupid opinions to herself.

Do you honestly think your opinion on her atheism or coming out matters? Who cares why she did it? It's hers to come out or not to come out. She is obviously happy with her choice. We are a community and we are here to support our fellow atheists.

The last thing this girl needs are your irrelevant comments.

If you don't like that , why don't you stop causing division here or are you just opening your mouth to watch the flies come in?
[+] 2 users Like kpax's post
10-11-2012, 05:38 AM

Opinion or invective?

I wonder (only a little) why you attribute this act to "hate". The most harsh criticism might be "inconsiderateness" (if that is a word). But then, it was considered / measured and it was in response to (years of) others' inconsiderateness.

"Hate" implies spontaneity. The act of "coming out", by letter, can never be described as spontaneous.

Nor do I think that "coming out" is about seeking attention. Attention is gained but it is rarely beneficial.

Hold up a mirror, my friend, and ask yourself why you worded your comment such.
Did you seek the subsequent reaction from those that have replied to you?
Would using a different tone to express your "opinion" not have been more fruitful?

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
10-11-2012, 05:57 AM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2012 06:10 AM by Hamata k.)
You people make this such a big deal. My letter or whatever. would go something like this.

"Hi everybody. In order to avoid future awkwardness. I'm going to tell everyone right now. I am an atheist. Alright then. If anyone has any questions , I can answer them. If you want to yell at me. kindly don't."

All this drama is unnecessary.

Oh and Egor. If the family feels stressed and depressed over this then their idiots. plain and simple. friggin people and their foolishness. going to kill me one day.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 3 users Like Hamata k's post