I just came out to my mother.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
07-03-2012, 09:29 PM
RE: I just came out to my mother.
Good for you. I never had to go through this trauma with my parents, so I can only imagine the courage it takes to tell them that there's no logical reason to believe what they spent so many years grooming you to believe. You have to look at religious indoctrination as an emotional acculturation, a vestige of the old America, which used to also include racial indoctrination as well.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2012, 10:05 PM
Yea I told her about how I didn't understand how I was supposed to justify the racism, sexist, and homophobic things in there. Not when its only because the "times were different back then."
08-03-2012, 09:26 AM
unfortunately sir, you are going to hell. you mom has a right to cry. when she is in heaven, she will no longer be able to see you because you betrayed god. i will also pray for you. hopefully, with 2 of us praying , you might see the error of your decision.
08-03-2012, 09:31 AM
(08-03-2012 09:26 AM)satan69 Wrote:  unfortunately sir, you are going to hell. you mom has a right to cry. when she is in heaven, she will no longer be able to see you because you betrayed god. i will also pray for you. hopefully, with 2 of us praying , you might see the error of your decision.

Surely you jest.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
08-03-2012, 09:33 AM
I don't get how people end up with parents that react this way. I'm way too confrontational for my mom or dad to do anything but accept what I tell them. They know better than to get me started on this topic. But I've also been a lifelong atheist.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
08-03-2012, 09:55 AM
You are braver than me. When I was an atheist, the only family member that knew about it was my brother. I thought it unnecessary to tell the rest of my family.

Coming from the South, God is part of the culture... that doesn't mean you believe in it, but it's just like accepting St. Claus is a part of Christmas.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
08-03-2012, 10:52 AM
Congrats! now things will be awkward for quite some time for you, enjoy it, as it's a great opportunity to learn about the subtleties of the human mind Big Grin

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
08-03-2012, 11:19 AM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2012 11:23 AM by hollowpointm16.)
(08-03-2012 09:26 AM)satan69 Wrote:  unfortunately sir, you are going to hell. you mom has a right to cry. when she is in heaven, she will no longer be able to see you because you betrayed god. i will also pray for you. hopefully, with 2 of us praying , you might see the error of your decision.
trollololol

(08-03-2012 09:55 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  You are braver than me. When I was an atheist, the only family member that knew about it was my brother. I thought it unnecessary to tell the rest of my family.

Coming from the South, God is part of the culture... that doesn't mean you believe in it, but it's just like accepting St. Claus is a part of Christmas.

Im from GA, I know what you are talking about, but I had to tell them, my mom talks about God every day and it was far more uncomfortable than admitting that im atheist.
08-03-2012, 11:45 AM

Well, that's what they get for raising you, caring for you, protecting you, sending you to school, buying your clothes, and trying to show you the way to God. They get failure thrown in their faces. They probably really like the utterly meaningless tattoo you got inscribed on your body as well.

So, I take it you hate your parents for some reason? You must. Otherwise you could have just kept your opinions to yourself, graduated, got a job, moved out, and lived your life any way you pleased. But you had to strike your mother right in her heart--for some reason.

Let me be the first to give you a big round of applause! What a great son you are!
Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2012, 11:48 AM
(08-03-2012 11:45 AM)Egor Wrote:  Well, that's what they get for raising you, caring for you, protecting you, sending you to school, buying your clothes, and trying to show you the way to God. They get failure thrown in their faces. They probably really like the utterly meaningless tattoo you got inscribed on your body as well.

So, I take it you hate your parents for some reason? You must. Otherwise you could have just kept your opinions to yourself, graduated, got a job, moved out, and lived your life any way you pleased. But you had to strike your mother right in her heart--for some reason.

Let me be the first to give you a big round of applause! What a great son you are!

Don't go back to this Egor.

Sad

Please?

Go back to the Egor that we were beginning to adore.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]