I just came out to my mother.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
08-03-2012, 11:49 AM
RE: I just came out to my mother.
(08-03-2012 11:45 AM)Egor Wrote:  Well, that's what they get for raising you, caring for you, protecting you, sending you to school, buying your clothes, and trying to show you the way to God. They get failure thrown in their faces. They probably really like the utterly meaningless tattoo you got inscribed on your body as well.

So, I take it you hate your parents for some reason? You must. Otherwise you could have just kept your opinions to yourself, graduated, got a job, moved out, and lived your life any way you pleased. But you had to strike your mother right in her heart--for some reason.

Let me be the first to give you a big round of applause! What a great son you are!

Old Egor is back.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2012, 12:04 PM
Dear Hollow point, I admire you for being kind and respectful towards your Mother. If I can add some insight. When you told your Mother she probably thought about the "unpardonable sin" Read Matthew 12: 31-32. Mark 3:29, Luke 12:10. As an atheist I know you don't believe what the bible says but your Mother does and the words of the bible are ingrained in her heart. And now she is envisioning eternity without you. this has to be very painful for her. On this site there is a site called contradictions of the bible. These verses are there. I encourage you to study these verses to see if they truly contradict each other. Remember though, taking verses out of context can construe the meanings. And verse reveals verse. Do this out of respect for your Mother's beliefs. Once you understand why your Mother is sad to hear that you are an atheist then you can go on in your own beliefs. Because I believe that everyone chooses their own path in life.
08-03-2012, 12:16 PM
(08-03-2012 11:45 AM)Egor Wrote:  Well, that's what they get for raising you, caring for you, protecting you, sending you to school, buying your clothes, and trying to show you the way to God. They get failure thrown in their faces. They probably really like the utterly meaningless tattoo you got inscribed on your body as well.

So, I take it you hate your parents for some reason? You must. Otherwise you could have just kept your opinions to yourself, graduated, got a job, moved out, and lived your life any way you pleased. But you had to strike your mother right in her heart--for some reason.

Let me be the first to give you a big round of applause! What a great son you are!

Ah, you're right, it's better to live a lie. Should homosexuals follow your course too? Maybe they should do like they've always done and a man should marry a woman and live unhappily ever after so that they don't drive a stake into their parents hearts who only wanted them to follow the same course they did. Rolleyes

Should the atheist keep telling their parents that they're going to church like the good people they were raised to be? They're praying and reading their Bible? When pressed further should they tell about their daily Bible study?

It doesn't work that way with religious people. They always seem press further so that they can be assured.
08-03-2012, 12:18 PM
Freedom, I'm confused as to what you're asking him to do.

Are you asking him to reevaluate his decision because he doesn't want to not be a Christian?

Or, are you asking him to consider Christianity again for his mother's sake?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
08-03-2012, 12:46 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2012 12:54 PM by craniumonempty.)

What great parents if they don't believe in truth. If they would rather you just lie to them the rest of their lives. So if your parents were atheists.. hmm, lets say Muslim, you wouldn't tell them if you converted to Christianity? If they were American Muslim, I mean. You'd just lie to them the rest of your life when they continually ask why you don't come with them to the Mosque?

freedom Wrote:Dear Hollow point, I admire you for being kind and respectful towards your Mother. If I can add some insight. When you told your Mother she probably thought about the "unpardonable sin" Read Matthew 12: 31-32. Mark 3:29, Luke 12:10. As an atheist I know you don't believe what the bible says but your Mother does and the words of the bible are ingrained in her heart. And now she is envisioning eternity without you. this has to be very painful for her. On this site there is a site called contradictions of the bible. These verses are there. I encourage you to study these verses to see if they truly contradict each other. Remember though, taking verses out of context can construe the meanings. And verse reveals verse. Do this out of respect for your Mother's beliefs. Once you understand why your Mother is sad to hear that you are an atheist then you can go on in your own beliefs. Because I believe that everyone chooses their own path in life.

Aw, isn't that sweet. You are trying to guilt someone back into the faith. Good for you two for being so... religious. I've heard blasphemy being the ultimate sin, but then when you do it, all of a sudden another loophole enters in. Basically, as far as I can tell most religious don't care as long as you come back to the flock. So if he says something like "fuck the holy spirit" will you leave him alone, freedom? Will that honestly stop you from trying to recruit? Should we say that to Christians trying to convert us? "Oh, you are too late, I already blasphemed the holy spirit." or some such. That doesn't work. Maybe it will work for you, but there are plenty of others that even say that you really can't do it. Especially if you don't believe. So does that mean we can't go to hell? No, of course not. Murderers and rapists can go to heaven once they convert back and repent, but if you simply don't believe, you are damned to hell. Do you seriously believe that garbage? I would hope there are plenty of Christians that don't. Hell, you don't even believe your own Bible. You wouldn't put your children to death if they started believing in other gods and tried to get you to convert, would you? Surely if you don't believe in the old testament, then you don't quote things from it like the 10 commandments, do you? Do you pick and chose what you believe in? Of course you do, if you followed all the crap in the bible, even you would see yourself as immoral. You are more moral then your own religious text. YOU put YOUR morality into the text so that it fits YOUR morality. Not the other way around.

Defy gravity... stand up. Drinking Beverage
[+] 1 user Likes craniumonempty's post
08-03-2012, 01:08 PM

(08-03-2012 11:48 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  

Don't go back to this Egor.

Sad

Please?

Go back to the Egor that we were beginning to adore.

I don't want your addoration. I'm here to keep it real. If you want a friendly chat, e-mail me. But in here, I'm going to keep it real. Kids should have respect for their parents. That seems to be the first moral quality to fall off when one becomes an atheist, common courtesy, especially towards one's parents.

Now, I have to get back to watching one of my favorite movies: Religilous.
Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2012, 01:16 PM
(08-03-2012 01:08 PM)Egor Wrote:  I don't want your addoration. I'm here to keep it real. If you want a friendly chat, e-mail me. But in here, I'm going to keep it real. Kids should have respect for their parents. That seems to be the first moral quality to fall off when one becomes an atheist, common courtesy, especially towards one's parents.

Now, I have to get back to watching one of my favorite movies: Religilous.

How is lying to your parents honoring them?

Also, not believing all that your parents tell you isn't dishonoring them.

Theologically speaking, even you agree in election; so, this should be an accepted fact that not everyone can or will share the beliefs of God that their parents hold.

Dishonoring your parents is a moral situation - and as we all know, morals are relative. In his family, maybe this was the most moral way to express a different belief. Because he obeyed the morality that is relative to his family, I would say that he very much honored his parents.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
08-03-2012, 01:16 PM

(08-03-2012 12:16 PM)kineo Wrote:  

Ah, you're right, it's better to live a lie. Should homosexuals follow your course too? Maybe they should do like they've always done and a man should marry a woman and live unhappily ever after so that they don't drive a stake into their parents hearts who only wanted them to follow the same course they did. Rolleyes

Should the atheist keep telling their parents that they're going to church like the good people they were raised to be? They're praying and reading their Bible? When pressed further should they tell about their daily Bible study?

It doesn't work that way with religious people. They always seem press further so that they can be assured.

Whatever. The decisions we make affect those around us, too. Only the narcissism of atheism thinks making their mother cry is justifiable when they could have just kept their mouth shut for a couple of more years. "Hey Mom! After all your efforts, watch me self-destruct!"

We're not talking about sexual orientation. We're talking about telling your Christian mom your an atheist and scarring your body with the stupidest tattoo possible. We're talking about a teen rebelling against his parents. And you all are in here encouraging it. Well isn't that just jolly. Thank God for the internet, huh?
Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2012, 01:49 PM
(08-03-2012 01:16 PM)Egor Wrote:  Whatever. The decisions we make affect those around us, too.

Including forcing your lifestyle upon others. A child does not owe it to their parents to lie. If a person simply cannot believe in their parents god any longer then they should not be expected to lie about it. And they should not be punished for it. This is not disobedience, this is something that affects everything about a person's life. Hiding it will only cause problems down the road. The parents should be grateful that their son trusts them enough to tell them the truth. Clearly it isn't about rebellion, otherwise the OP would have told his parents to shove off while he went and did his own thing.

(08-03-2012 01:16 PM)Egor Wrote:  Only the narcissism of atheism thinks making their mother cry is justifiable when they could have just kept their mouth shut for a couple of more years. "Hey Mom! After all your efforts, watch me self-destruct!"

Who is self-destructing? It's the arrogance of religion that forces people into roles that they can't fulfill.

(08-03-2012 01:16 PM)Egor Wrote:  We're not talking about sexual orientation. We're talking about telling your Christian mom your an atheist and scarring your body with the stupidest tattoo possible. We're talking about a teen rebelling against his parents. And you all are in here encouraging it. Well isn't that just jolly. Thank God for the internet, huh?

Living a lie is living a lie. Both situations can directly impact a persons lifestyle. Especially if you're still living at home with your parents.

Yes- thank God for the internet; it's a shame He couldn't have foreseen the damage it would cause to His little game!
[+] 2 users Like kineo's post
08-03-2012, 01:50 PM
(08-03-2012 01:16 PM)Egor Wrote:  Whatever. The decisions we make affect those around us, too. Only the narcissism of atheism thinks making their mother cry is justifiable when they could have just kept their mouth shut for a couple of more years. "Hey Mom! After all your efforts, watch me self-destruct!"

Only the narcissism of the deluded religious think that making their children cry is justifiable when they could have just kept their mouth shut until they were 18 and let them decide for themselves.....

Seriously Egor, your arguments fall at about the intellectual level of the material that they use to introduce first grade children to moral conundrum's. Try hard next time to at least get your thought process into grown-up land, and don't be so boring.
[+] 2 users Like Superluminal's post