I just came out to my mother.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
08-03-2012, 02:08 PM
RE: I just came out to my mother.
(08-03-2012 11:45 AM)Egor Wrote:  Well, that's what they get for raising you, caring for you, protecting you, sending you to school, buying your clothes, and trying to show you the way to God. They get failure thrown in their faces. They probably really like the utterly meaningless tattoo you got inscribed on your body as well.

So, I take it you hate your parents for some reason? You must. Otherwise you could have just kept your opinions to yourself, graduated, got a job, moved out, and lived your life any way you pleased. But you had to strike your mother right in her heart--for some reason.

Let me be the first to give you a big round of applause! What a great son you are!

So because he doesn't believe the same fairy story's as his parents that makes him a failure and he must hate his parents?.

You where raised a christian and have now founded a cult, does that mean your parents are failures?, and that you hate them? because your beliefs are different to theirs?

Dickheaded ego wasn't away for long was he?. Welcome back asshole.

[Image: 1315971502392.jpg]

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like FSM_scot's post
08-03-2012, 02:09 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2012 02:12 PM by mysticjbyrd.)
(08-03-2012 11:48 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(08-03-2012 11:45 AM)Egor Wrote:  Well, that's what they get for raising you, caring for you, protecting you, sending you to school, buying your clothes, and trying to show you the way to God. They get failure thrown in their faces. They probably really like the utterly meaningless tattoo you got inscribed on your body as well.

So, I take it you hate your parents for some reason? You must. Otherwise you could have just kept your opinions to yourself, graduated, got a job, moved out, and lived your life any way you pleased. But you had to strike your mother right in her heart--for some reason.

Let me be the first to give you a big round of applause! What a great son you are!

Don't go back to this Egor.

Sad

Please?

Go back to the Egor that we were beginning to adore.
Idk what you are talking about, that was hilarious.
Terrible advice, but very funny to read.
08-03-2012, 05:01 PM

How did he harm her? Her religion did nothing to prove itself, if anything, he's in the right. You cannot play the guilt game, Egor, as your religion has done much worse.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
08-03-2012, 05:26 PM

(08-03-2012 01:16 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(08-03-2012 01:08 PM)Egor Wrote:  I don't want your addoration. I'm here to keep it real. If you want a friendly chat, e-mail me. But in here, I'm going to keep it real. Kids should have respect for their parents. That seems to be the first moral quality to fall off when one becomes an atheist, common courtesy, especially towards one's parents.

Now, I have to get back to watching one of my favorite movies: Religilous.

How is lying to your parents honoring them?

Also, not believing all that your parents tell you isn't dishonoring them.

Theologically speaking, even you agree in election; so, this should be an accepted fact that not everyone can or will share the beliefs of God that their parents hold.

Dishonoring your parents is a moral situation - and as we all know, morals are relative. In his family, maybe this was the most moral way to express a different belief. Because he obeyed the morality that is relative to his family, I would say that he very much honored his parents.

Let me ask you a question: What are you doing in the atheist forum if it's already decided who will believe and who will not? And just so you know, I'm new to that theological concept, and I'm not at all sure we are looking at it correctly. In my mind, I keep going back and forth regarding it.

Look, this kid is a teen. He doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. If he's an atheist, I assure you it hasn't come from a lifetime spent contemplating the deep issues of God and religion as they relate to life in the real world. A teenage atheist is just someone following the pack. That's what teens do; they follow the pack, one pack or another. This kid just got into an atheist pack somehow. I would imagine he's gay since he titles his post "I just came out to my mother."

Gay teens always rebel against religion because religion preaches against being gay. They don't know enough to realize Jesus never said a thing about it. So they go with the atheist crowd. They haven't lived long enough to realize being gay has almost no effect on a religious life.

Besides, no one is religious in their teens and twenties. They're too involved with looking for sex and hopefully marriage (of some sort). Religion gets in the way. God knows that. So this teen coming out to his mother is ridiculous. And it's probably ridiculous that she gets all emotional about it. If I were his dad, I'd say, fine, but you're still going to church with us and you better keep your eyes open, and shut up about atheism at the dinner table.

And I'd leave it at that.
Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2012, 05:34 PM
(08-03-2012 05:26 PM)Egor Wrote:  Look, this kid is a teen. He doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. If he's an atheist, I assure you it hasn't come from a lifetime spent contemplating the deep issues of God and religion as they relate to life in the real world. A teenage atheist is just someone following the pack. That's what teens do; they follow the pack, one pack or another. This kid just got into an atheist pack somehow. I would imagine he's gay since he titles his post "I just came out to my mother."

There are an awful lot of assumptions here, and that "doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground" is a pretty insulting one... almost as insulting as assuming that he's gay just because he used terminology that gays frequently used (never mind the fact that we atheists stole the analogy from gays because it was such a good one).

It's true that kids and young adults don't often think for themselves, which is why a lot of theists come from theistic households. I was a Christian until I was 19, and mainly that's because I was raised in a Christian household. I didn't think much for myself, and my doubts were quelled by adults. I wish I could think for myself at that age, and I'm proud that he has. You make the assumption that he's "in a pack", although clearly he's swimming against the tide in opposing the beliefs of his parents.

--------------------------------------

Great work, kid, and good luck. If you need a network of support, you can find it here.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Starcrash's post
08-03-2012, 05:35 PM
Yep.

Egor has gone into full trollol mode.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 5 users Like kingschosen's post
08-03-2012, 08:55 PM
(08-03-2012 05:26 PM)Egor Wrote:  Look, this kid is a teen. He doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. If he's an atheist, I assure you it hasn't come from a lifetime spent contemplating the deep issues of God and religion as they relate to life in the real world. A teenage atheist is just someone following the pack. That's what teens do; they follow the pack, one pack or another. This kid just got into an atheist pack somehow. I would imagine he's gay since he titles his post "I just came out to my mother."

The op is 25 years old so I don't know where you are getting all this rebellious teen shit from.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
08-03-2012, 09:03 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2012 09:08 PM by NotSoVacuous.)
(08-03-2012 05:26 PM)Egor Wrote:  If I were his dad, I'd say, fine, but you're still going to church with us and you better keep your eyes open, and shut up about atheism at the dinner table.

And I'd leave it at that.

Hahaha

(07-03-2012 07:20 PM)hollowpointm16 Wrote:  
(07-03-2012 07:14 PM)NotSoVacuous Wrote:  That good news... But, you made it seem as if it was a big deal. That was the problem. The best way to do it, in my honest opinion, is tell everyone but your family. Let the word spread and make it to where it has to end up getting to them. When they ask, just shrug it off, as yeah I am. And don't make a big deal about it. But hey, that's just me.

Yea, trust me, this isn't something my parents would ever let me just shrug off.

Not saying it would be, but by you making it a big deal it allows them both to think they are in good company to also make it a bigger deal.

"We Humans are capable of greatness." -Carl Sagan
08-03-2012, 09:11 PM
(08-03-2012 01:08 PM)Egor Wrote:  I don't want your addoration. I'm here to keep it real. If you want a friendly chat, e-mail me. But in here, I'm going to keep it real. Kids should have respect for their parents. That seems to be the first moral quality to fall off when one becomes an atheist, common courtesy, especially towards one's parents.

Now, I have to get back to watching one of my favorite movies: Religilous.

Just out of interest would you see it as disrespectful for a teenager to tell their Atheist parents that they had become a Christian?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 3 users Like Hughsie's post
08-03-2012, 09:30 PM
I'm going to play Cornelius Fudge and pretend He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named isn't back after all.

Congrats to you hollowpoint. I would be in your same situation if I thought my mother were currently emotionally stable enough to handle it. Undecided