I just can't deal with religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-03-2016, 11:50 PM
RE: I just can't deal with religion
to everyone that has been here to help. thank you guys so much. my anxiety of religion is not so heavy. if there is a god i want to believe hes loving and cares. if there isnt, thats ok too. i just cant believe in one that would cause so much harm or allow it to happen. but by stepping out of "un"comfort zone i have gotten a better understanding. it wasnt enough to just google things on my own, i knew i needed help. this really was a good decision. i was scared at first to step out and now im glad i did. thank you all so much!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Jewelarcher's post
15-03-2016, 11:53 PM
Stay away from google and get some scholarly books Wink. I'm glad u r doing better and glad we could help Hug

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
16-03-2016, 12:00 AM
(15-03-2016 11:36 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  well this was a new twist for me, thank you.
i have read parts of the bible.. not the parts i should i guess. the only OT i read were the normal stories like creation, noah, moses, david. of course in church we never really got into the real crazy "make you question things" stuff. and in the NT i tried to focus on the love of God and Jesus. i never really knew how bad things really were.. but people that preach the love of God sure are lacking in it.

Sadly my mind is affected by strong medication and I am unable to explain things in great depth as I used to.

The NT is just as bad as the OT, just not as Long. The character Jesus supports the old laws.

Matthew 5:17-20King James Version (KJV)

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Jesus often spoke in a xenophobic and hateful way of anyone who disagreed with him. Remember, The Father The Son and the Holy Spirit are now seen as one. Therefore it was Jesus who is responsible for the worldwide genocide of all life on earth with the Flood.

Think of the implications of this. People say, in South America who had zero access to his teachings in the OT were slaughtered because they were unaware of the laws in the OT. Big Grin

Pastors are very much about selling their wares by using passages such as this:

John 3:16 King James Version (KJV)

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Now think about it. He was his own father. So he sacrificed himself to himself in order to fulfil a prophesy he devised.

Jesus died on the cross? How can a god die at the hands of humans??? It was all an act.

Of course it did not happen. It is simply a fable. Just a very dangerous fable.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
16-03-2016, 12:00 AM
(15-03-2016 11:53 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Stay away from google and get some scholarly books Wink. I'm glad u r doing better and glad we could help Hug

google is super terrifying if you dont search right lol. i really do plan on getting some books, especially the ones that have been mentioned to me here. the great thing is i was finally able to go outside and look around. i used to do it all the time until the christians started saying what they say. i told the moon hello and looked at the stars. its really an amazing feeling to not be scared. this year has been super tough on me, this here.. this has been great and its only been like 2 days lol.
[+] 1 user Likes Jewelarcher's post
16-03-2016, 12:04 AM
(16-03-2016 12:00 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(15-03-2016 11:36 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  well this was a new twist for me, thank you.
i have read parts of the bible.. not the parts i should i guess. the only OT i read were the normal stories like creation, noah, moses, david. of course in church we never really got into the real crazy "make you question things" stuff. and in the NT i tried to focus on the love of God and Jesus. i never really knew how bad things really were.. but people that preach the love of God sure are lacking in it.

Sadly my mind is affected by strong medication and I am unable to explain things in great depth as I used to.

The NT is just as bad as the OT, just not as Long. The character Jesus supports the old laws.

Matthew 5:17-20King James Version (KJV)

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Jesus often spoke in a xenophobic and hateful way of anyone who disagreed with him. Remember, The Father The Son and the Holy Spirit are now seen as one. Therefore it was Jesus who is responsible for the worldwide genocide of all life on earth with the Flood.

Think of the implications of this. People say, in South America who had zero access to his teachings in the OT were slaughtered because they were unaware of the laws in the OT. Big Grin

Pastors are very much about selling their wares by using passages such as this:

John 3:16 King James Version (KJV)

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Now think about it. He was his own father. So he sacrificed himself to himself in order to fulfil a prophesy he devised.

Jesus died on the cross? How can a god die at the hands of humans??? It was all an act.

Of course it did not happen. It is simply a fable. Just a very dangerous fable.

that is the crap that bugs me, the amount of death. as far as the trinity.. ive always been told they are one but separate. i cant even begin to explain to others how this works.
i feel like a terrible christian for even having questions. but i guess thats why they wanted child like faith.. because kids will believe anything.
[+] 1 user Likes Jewelarcher's post
16-03-2016, 12:07 AM (This post was last modified: 16-03-2016 12:26 AM by DLJ.)
(15-03-2016 04:52 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  My poor brain is having a hard time. I don't know if I believe or not. But the minute something looks like prophecy the fear hits. When I say it gives me anxiety it's no joke. I don't eat, sleep, rationalize things.. Nothing. I go into full panic, I can't breathe I tremble uncontrollably. My heart races.. I can't handle it. When I find hope in science and facts something biblical knocks me down. I just do not know what to do.
But in my current situation I don't know which way to go.

I'm tempted to be flippant and say "You need to go towards 'reason'".

Do you get anxious over Hindu, Buddhist, Mayan or Islamic prophecies?

If not, why do you think that is?

You've identified a correlation between the anxiety and the bible; you haven't identified the cause.

Fear usually has a biological root... fear of dying, fear of pain ... for you or for those you love.

Social sentient beings have 4 main evolved drivers:
  • Survival (natural selection) - Avoid predators and find food.
  • Reproduction (sexual selection) - Compete for mates
  • Kin Selection - Invest in family members
  • Reciprocity - Build non-kin alliances and friendships

The anxiety and fear will be triggered by what you are reading but the cause will relate to one or more of the above.

(15-03-2016 09:22 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  ...
its really strange but whenever someone asks for a prophecy that freaks me out i have a hard time even remembering. the ones that strike me are the ones the current church are crying about.
signs in the heavens- people are posting pictures of clouds that make shapes of people riding horses (i cant tell if its photo shopped and im paralyzed by fear too much to check.) theres also the pictures of angels in the clouds that were posted like a month or so ago.. and one of a cross in the sky (after thinking about it i decided it was where two planes crossed but again too scared to look)
-the ones about isreal at war.. that strikes a serious nerve even though i know its been going on a while. what gets me is how people want to bring peace to them. that would normally be a good thing but to someone scared of the second coming that just means *anti christ, peace treaty, seven years of torture*
-the one about the jews being gathered back, as i mentioned in a previous comment i read on cnn where they are all going back because of isis. some christians say that isis is a prophecy being fulfilled but i wont look it up either.
there are more im sure but these are just a few that i can think of right now.
thank you!

So these are the triggers.

What's the cause? Fear of death? Could this be related to your Survival instinct?

(15-03-2016 10:18 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  ...
thank you! really. my bible puts me in a terrible position.

I have an intolerance of tomatoes (I get nettle-rash) and dairy (triggers hay-fever symptoms) and gluten (makes me lethargic and depressed).

Pizza puts me in a terrible position.

I keep going back to it. Why do I do it to myself?

It's delicious! It's irresistible! I love the ambiance of Italian restaurants especially when I'm with like-minded friends.

More-so if those friends are pretty Asian girls (sexual selection) and I get a buzz from settling the bill (building non-kin alliances and friendships via gift-giving).

I know I should step away from the bible pizza but it's not easy.

It helps to understand why I do what I do so as to empower myself to manage my behaviour (or manage the consequences).

Reasoning skills will help you empower yourself and release yourself from the power of others.

Nothing flippant about it. Your health depends upon it.

Hug

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
16-03-2016, 12:19 AM (This post was last modified: 16-03-2016 12:23 AM by Banjo.)
(16-03-2016 12:04 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  that is the crap that bugs me,

As it should.

If you read through the various threads here, especially in the Boxing ring, you will learn much without having to spend any money.

People such as Mark Fulton and Goodwithoutgod know a great deal. As do many others. Many here know about physics and such.

Basically the bible contains ideas thousands of years behind where we now are. We know the universe is not a firmament surrounding the earth. The stars are not pinpricks in that firmament. We've been to space many times. satellites orbit the earth around the clock. Your mobile phone is proof of that.

There is nothing really useful in the bible. I like this example. Why wasn't the formula for disinfectant in the bible? Imagine the horrors that would have prevented. Wash your hands after going to the toilet and eating. Women are not chatle to be used and abused. Children should not be mistreated etc etc.

The bible has been proven wrong on so many counts it is impossible to count them all. We know for a fact the Exodus never occurred.

The end is listless, as they say.

Good luck to you. You seem nice. I hope you enjoy your stay.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
16-03-2016, 01:45 AM
(16-03-2016 12:19 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(16-03-2016 12:04 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  that is the crap that bugs me,

As it should.

If you read through the various threads here, especially in the Boxing ring, you will learn much without having to spend any money.

People such as Mark Fulton and Goodwithoutgod know a great deal. As do many others. Many here know about physics and such.

Basically the bible contains ideas thousands of years behind where we now are. We know the universe is not a firmament surrounding the earth. The stars are not pinpricks in that firmament. We've been to space many times. satellites orbit the earth around the clock. Your mobile phone is proof of that.

There is nothing really useful in the bible. I like this example. Why wasn't the formula for disinfectant in the bible? Imagine the horrors that would have prevented. Wash your hands after going to the toilet and eating. Women are not chatle to be used and abused. Children should not be mistreated etc etc.

The bible has been proven wrong on so many counts it is impossible to count them all. We know for a fact the Exodus never occurred.

The end is listless, as they say.

Good luck to you. You seem nice. I hope you enjoy your stay.

Thank you! You have reminded me of something. While I have seen and read things about there being no proof of exodus.. I also read something about some writing of it. I can't remember what they call it. Or that there was similar things to the plagues mentioned. What about all of that? If you can answer.. I was digging so deep and was on a lack of sleep so I can't even remember what it was.
16-03-2016, 03:05 AM
(15-03-2016 10:51 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Q Continuum and Tomasia represent the christian voice
Alla speaks on behalf of Mormons

This is hilarious but true.

[Image: funny-laugh.gif]

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
16-03-2016, 07:26 AM
(15-03-2016 10:22 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  
(15-03-2016 09:58 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I saw a picture a few months ago depicting Jesus and an angel standing over a crash victim. Within an hour or two, the users on this forum dug out the original, unedited photo. Someone also posted a version of the photo with the spaghetti monster that they made themselves.

I know these photos may seem frightening, but ask yourself, if these are real, why didn't CNN report on it? Why didn’t anyone with any technological know-how vouch that the pictures aren’t photo shopped?

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...shop-Jesus

There hasn’t been a first coming of the messiah. Jesus failed to fulfill any of the messianic prophecies, and this is why the Jews reject him. How can anything in the NT have any validity at all if they can’t even prove that Jesus was the messiah in the first place? Isn’t that the most important thing?

Okay, so he was a Jew, but aside from that, not a single messianic prophecy was fulfilled by Jesus. Nothing. We can discuss this further if you like.

We are not going back to Israel because of Isis. In fact, Isis is a stumbling block in many people’s desire to make the move there -myself included.

Many Jews are going back to Israel because we view it as our homeland, and yes, many of us do believe there is prophecy to tie the relocation of the Jews in with the messianic era. But the Jewish scripture that Christianity bases it's messianic prediction on speaks of a wonderful, peaceful time where everyone will live in harmony. There will be amazing discoveries, prosperity and advancement of humanity. Though a war may occur (and is likely given the current climate in the middle east), it is not essential to ushering in the messianic era.

But you needn’t fear the messianic era as described in the old testament. If it's to happen, then it's not a bad thing, and everyone will enjoy the peace and prosperity that are promised in the Hebrew scriptures. Only good things happen. The Christians mistranslated our book, took scripture out of context, and simply changed the meaning of words to make up this business about hell, damnation, seven-years of torture and every other horrible thing they profess. None of it is based on the Jewish prophecy that they claim it is, and yes, all of this can be demonstrated by carefully reading the bible.

i guess thats also the difference in the beliefs. like we believe jesus was it, others do not. but my thing is.. wouldnt it be his 3rd coming or 4th?? lol from our view anyway. but that is really something i got bothered with. the bible says jesus was it in all ways. but as i got to reading up on the Jewish side.. he didnt fit any of the characterists. then that makes me go why? and of course the bible has a freaking answer to that too.. its to save everyone.. or only the ones who believe. or my favorite thing the bible says is "these things must come to pass"

According to Jewish scripture, the messiah will usher in an era of peace and prosperity. Because Jesus is claimed to have been the messiah, then we must be in the messianic era right now. Let’s take a look at Jesus to see if he meets the personal qualifications for the job, or if he’s managed to accomplish any of the tasks that the messiah will have to accomplish.

Let’s examine whether or not Jesus met this criteria:

The messiah will be a normal, human maleNope! According to Christians, Jesus was G-d. Jesus cannot also be a normal human male as this would contradict the nature of G-d.

The messiah will be JewishYes, I suppose I have to give him this one. Jesus was born to Mary, and being born to a Jewish woman is determining factor between a Jew and a Gentile.

The messiah will be from the House of DavidNope! This a father to son relationship and G-d promised King David that his line (the line produced “from his body”) would retain the crown. G-d made this promise to David, and so the future messiah will be a physical ancestor of King David. Jesus was not a physical ancestor of King David.

Ezekiel’s temple will be builtNope! In stark contrast, the second temple was destroyed as if to say, “Not only was the temple not built, but the existing on was destroyed!” There cannot be the messiah without the temple.

There will be peace on EarthNope! Countless brutal and bloody battles have occurred since Jesus, and continue to occur to this very day. We’re still a ways off from attaining world-wide peace. Jesus failed to fulfill this essential messianic prophecy.
All weapons will be turned into farming equipment – There are still many weapons out there, in both Jesus’s day, and today. Jesus also failed to fulfill this messianic prophecy.

In the messianic era, all people will recognize that there is a G-d.Nope! This forum alone disproves the possibility that this prophecy has been fulfilled. Clearly, Jesus failed in this effort as well.

The Jews will be gathered from all four corners of the earth and will be resettled in Jerusalem. Nope! How can it be said that Jesus is the messiah when he not only failed to gather up the displaced Jews of his time, but all Jews were exiled for 2,000 years?

According to Judaism, in the messianic era, there will be a resurrection of the dead Nope, but let me explain why This is to be a permanent resurrection of righteous Jews and Gentiles; not a zombie parade through Jerusalem. The dead will be restored, all people will witness this event, and all people will agree that it occurred. This is not going to be some brief event that is only witnessed by one person before the dead vanished into thin air. –There is no evidence that this event occurred anyone. Not a single person 2,000 years ago wrote about dead people milling about in Jerusalem. Not one external word about this event exists. Think about that. Zombies got up out of their graves and the entire city of Jerusalem was said to have witnessed this, and it didn’t make front page news? It didn’t warrant any artwork, or accounts recorded in the annals of history? No one mentioned this afterward? The entire Jewish people –who are eagerly waiting for this sign- weren’t at all impressed by dead people rising from their graves as such to even mention it in their writings? Not a single word was mentioned because this never happened.

The New Testament is a terrifying book designed to suppress and control you. If this was from G-d, then we’d see his prior promises being fulfilled, we’d see messianic prophecy fulfilled, and we’d be living in a world where there is peace.